HighLighter vs Halo vs Musa

Axel_420

What are the special features of using halogen light as a heating element compared to something else? Are they significant?

Given the price difference, what are the differences between HighLighter, Halo, and Musa 2.0? Are there other vaporizers that use halogen light as heating element currently available on the market?

I would love to read the experiences of those who own one or more of these types of vaporizers, from the standpoint of construction, performance, taste and so on.

Thanks!

badbee

I have a HighLighter (HLT) and there is nothing about the halogen bulb that makes it different. It works almost exactly like my G43 which is heated by a stainless coil and is comparable to a bead modded Silver Surfer. I don't notice any significant difference in taste, but I'm not especially sensitive to metals or plastics. For the vapes that use beads, once the beads are heated to temperature how they got there is pretty much irrelevant. Small details about the air path have more impact than the heater.

Another halogen bulb heated vape is the new portable called the Angus. Construction of the HLT couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes tops.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
My Halo is waiting for a glass delivery and I'm probably a year back on the wait-list for the Musa 2.0. So my input is not super useful for your original question.

I have a HighLighter (HLT) and there is nothing about the halogen bulb that makes it different. It works almost exactly like my G43 which is heated by a stainless coil and is comparable to a bead modded Silver Surfer.
I find that my HLT is much tastier than my FP B1, especially at lower temps. Although I do find the Atlas to be just about as flavorful. So it might have more to do with glass than the Halogen bulb.
Construction of the HLT couldn't have taken more than 10 minutes tops.
Totally agree with this. Watch the assembly videos and you can easily do the whole thing in minutes. And at the end you have a top tier desktop for $80.

GoldenBud

hmmm.... HLT hits hard but I didn't feel any taste because it was a very quick extraction. if you look inside of it you can get dazzled. is the Halo/Musa 2.0 is safe to look at/inside? not that it's a problem to be dazzled from 50w bulb, but it can make you prefer another vape. not a game changer, but something you may want to consider.

I never used the Halo/Musa 2.0 tho
I don't like to be dazzled but it's not too bad with the HLT i think

so according to Grass Yes message I used the HLT with very high temps, not my device, didn't set it up, just used it for 2-3 quick sessions.
it's much cheaper than the others so it will be a good score

which bulb vape is the most safe to use without getting any dazzled?

badbee

If you have the smoked glass it just gives off a pleasant red glow (I used rubies) from the side. I like it. Looking directly down the tube is another story, it's not a thing you'll do more than once. It makes a convenient flashlight if you are working in a darkened room. It's a 50 W bulb but you only use it at 12 - 15 W, comparable in power to other preheated ball vapes.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'd suggest looking through the threads for each of them to compare, I only have the Halo of those, but I've posted quite a bit in that thread how I feel about it... One of the best things is how quick it heats up, although the Atlas is a bit more capable

hmmm.... HLT hits hard but I didn't feel any taste because it was a very quick extraction. if you look inside of it you can get dazzled. is the Halo/Musa 2.0 is safe to look at/inside? not that it's a problem to be dazzled from 50w bulb, but it can make you prefer another vape. not a game changer, but something you may want to consider.

I never used the Halo/Musa 2.0 tho

so according to Grass Yes message I used the HLT with very high temps, not my device, didn't set it up, just used it for 2-3 quick sessions.
it's much cheaper than the others so it will be a good score

which bulb vape is the most safe to use without getting any dazzled?

I'm not sure exactly what you mean by dazzled, but when I was looking up and comparing the halogen before I went in with the halo (and then fell all in with cloud connoisseur) it was specifically about the safety of the construction so I'm very confident with the halo in that regard and from what I've seen of the musa (I never wanted to deal with the DIY of the highlighter or what I perceived to be a bit more risky)

GoldenBud

Oh well Halo has steel mesh and rubies to protect that! Even better can get cobalt or black glass too... and Musa has steel sheath
so HLT doesn't protect that. i am not saying it's a deal breaker, but it can definately make you choose another daily driver! depends on the person ofc

GoldenBud,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

nasdri253

As said above the advantage with an halogen heater is how fast it reaches temp, i only have a Musa to tell, 2 min and i am ready to go.
i use no mesh around the bulb, got rid of it pretty soon. I only use a ss foil to protect from light leak and two layers of rubies over a glass screen, i had to keep a ss basket to keep the rubies in place.
no Dazzlers as the rubies reduce the bulb intensity a lot turning the Musa in a red light vape.
cannot compare to the other two but i am really happy with the performance, extraction is pretty easy, no need for long draws, taste is among the best i have experienced, fast extraction if you like, a perfect on demand for micro-dosing too. Even if she shines with larger loads Imo.
it is not a daily driver as being an heavy hitter i do not feel always like…despite i do not have a daily driver, always in rotation.
not my daily but always handy, also because it is so nice, elegant and essential.
open to customisation too which i do not mind.
not cheap and not easy to get apparently.

Top Bottom