High Times 2011 Cannabis Cup -Detroit

treecityrnd

We have a team?! Where do I try out?

Can't say for sure. I'd love to know if anyone else from FC will be there.

I can't believe Schuette & Snyder are going to let this happen...

treecityrnd,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Not sure exactly how it will be, hope some other FC members go. I figure worst case scenario i will be rubbing elbows with some cool people. By the way, you dont have to be a medical patient to go,

IAmKrazy2,

treecityrnd

I don't think either the AG or Gov care if you are medical or not either :(
I really want to see what's up. I've never really been to a cup before. Since it's in MI, that means we cant sample any "winners" or even test different vapes. Can you do those things at cups in other medical states if your medical?

treecityrnd,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
What makes you assume we can't test/use vapes?

I'm planning on bring my solo, with cleaned out tubes, and a clean VXC Hydra Tube and bowl if i have one again in time (most likely i won't),

IAmKrazy2,

treecityrnd

It was a total assumption. I have no experience at cups at all. But I know MI is pretty sketchy ATM. Since its Wayne county, I guess it's all good. As long as they don't have it at the Palace in Oakland Co. ;)

treecityrnd,

akwardsauce

gold all in my chains...dont believe me just watch
wow that sounds exciting. i will definitely try to go...depends on a few things...

i really do wonder how "safe" it will be...

i think ill do the saturday pass & invite a about 3 other friends...

now if someone had the omicron to bring...that would be so cool!

akwardsauce,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
treecityrnd said:
Since it's in MI, that means we cant sample any "winners" or even test different vapes. Can you do those things at cups in other medical states if your medical?
not even really sure why I looked yesterday- I'm a looong way from Detroit, but I think it said there was a special area where registered patients could medicate.

WatTyler,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
If I am in town that weekend, it's a possibility I would go. I am really interested in the first seminar they are holding, "Legal Medicine in Michigan." I'm interested in how others have gotten around the problem of getting legal meds if they want to stay with their current doctors. Thinking it might come up in this seminar, if not from the speakers, perhaps a question posed.

momofthegoons,

akwardsauce

ive managed to get a few peoples interest & we may go on saturday (15th). by the way, i was looking around & they said that the winners of each category (sativa, concentrates, indica, etc...) will be announced during the closing ceremonies (so im guessing on sunday, after the after-party on saturday night).

so one of my friends has tried to order tix online & said he had a problem...i have not tried it yet & do not know for sure but has anyone else experienced this?

also, does anyone happen to know the discount code that they put a box for on their ticket website? i think i found one that was for denver: MMJ40...but i tried & it is invalid for the detroit one.

any help on the discount code would also be greatly appreciated.

other than the seminars, does anyone know what to expect? will there be vendors representing their products there or just strictly farmers representing their strains & such...?

also does anyone know whats included in the "gift bag" that they charge an extra $10 for?

thanks for any info!

at the very least, it sounds interesting, & who knows if we will have the opportunity next year...

akwardsauce,

2clicker

Observer
hot damn that sounds great, but ill be in New Orleans then...

really wish i could go

2clicker,

akwardsauce

IAmKrazy2 said:
ill tell you if i have any issues pulling the trigger on online tickets

you arent looking for the discount code? in denver, it was 40% off...

but let us know if you have any issues ticket-wise!

akwardsauce,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
This is the first time i noticed the Canna News and Activism section. Very cool.

I would love to save some money, any luck finding a discount code?

IAmKrazy2,

akwardsauce

IAmKrazy2 said:
This is the first time i noticed the Canna News and Activism section. Very cool.

I would love to save some money, any luck finding a discount code?

absolutely NO luck...i tried every search i could think of...im starting to think one does not exist...

EDIT: i just called a club called the "cherry compassion club" to ask them about a discount code. they said regular price is $75/2day pass...so does that mean that the posted prices ($60/2day pass) are the discount? supposedly cherry compassion club will be one of the clubs inside.

not to scare anyone, but it i am hearing from various people that this event may lead to unforeseen trouble for its attendees? anyone feeling a little cautious about this event? for instance, maybe police will be waiting right outside the doors or something...any thoughts on that aspect would be very interesting to know...

akwardsauce,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well, my paranoia is always in high gear when it comes to this stuff. Michigan does NOT have it's legal act together. I would worry about those who do not have a card, for one. But, that's me and my own normal worry. I haven't heard anything directly relating to problems arising.

momofthegoons,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Wayne County is pretty chill, and they must have approved of this event. They tried to do an event in the Silverdome about a year back, but Oakland County was all over it. I think Wayne shouldn't cause too much trouble. i am certain to have at least one vaporizer on me, but will maybe go into the event, check how it is, before i bring any herb directly inside. I'll be sure to keep a couple grams in my car, but if the police do stop people, i dont see them causing me too much trouble with a couple grams and a vaporizer. wayne police should know damn well not to waste their time with multiple court appearances only to lose the battle to a registered card holder who is carrying less then 3 or 4 grams.

IAmKrazy2,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You've got a good point Krazy. I think the only ones who might have to worry are the ones who are not card holders. And again, if this was Oakland County, it would be a whole different game. So, those who do not hold cards should perhaps be wise and not carry. :2c:

momofthegoons,

akwardsauce

ya, on 2nd thought, this is supposedly at the farmers market. either way, its in DETROIT. ive had so many experiences in detroit & cops are not even on my radar. they are pretty laid back (but i havent even really had many experiences with them honestly in detroit).

i think i would also walk up to the event & check it out before going in with anything...if anything, i guess i could walk around with my mflb...probably not too stealth at the cannabis cup, though!

akwardsauce,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
^^^
Have they changed the location? I thought it was down on Russell by Campus Martius Park.

momofthegoons,

akwardsauce

its going to be just north of where the 75 turns into the 375 (very close to where i stay in detroit)...feels good to be so close!

isnt campus martius the place in downtown (by compuware or something like that)? in that case, it would be CLOSE, but not quite the same place...

akwardsauce,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
I might be fortunate enough to have a beta VXC with me for this event. At the very lease, ill be ripping my solo and maybe my LSV the whole way to the event.

IAmKrazy2,

akwardsauce

got my VIP tix...anyone going to the afterparty?

i figure, at least i will know what the whole event is all about. maybe if i get enough time between saturday & sunday, ill do a mini review of the event on here so that those of you who are curious will know if its worth going for the sunday portion.

the amsterdam cannabis cup is in november & could possibly be the last time that foreigners can participate. i cant even afford the plane tix + hotel + judge pass, so ill have to get it out of my system at our little detroit Cup. makes me feel kind of special since the only 3 Cups in america were in SF, denver, & detroit...

akwardsauce,

IAmKrazy2

Darth Vapor
Not planning on hitting afterparty, sorry. Will grab tickets online still, i swear.

IAmKrazy2,
Top Bottom