• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

High potency edibles

sickmanfraud

I can still feel the effects of the fried buds... first time doing it - a bit olive oil in a pyrex dish in the oven, 0.35gr buds on it, 250F for 15 minutes, really uplifting good effects...i recommend hehe.. was eating the oil too with some Hummus

how it looks after 15minutes..
glowing.jpg

@GoldenBud try it again after decarbing the bud without oil. You will notice the difference and require less bud. You could also try using AVB. How much AVB would depend on how "hard" you vape your material.

GoldenBud

@GoldenBud try it again after decarbing the bud without oil. You will notice the difference and require less bud. You could also try using AVB. How much AVB would depend on how "hard" you vape your material.
I did it with 0.35gr and can still feel it a bit. Lol. The oil definitely helped it gets an efficient digestion it seems... Try with oil, I'll try without oil BUT with lecithin next time 😎

GoldenBud,
Reactions: shredder

sickmanfraud

I did it with 0.35gr and can still feel it a bit. Lol. The oil definitely helped it gets an efficient digestion it seems... Try with oil, I'll try without oil BUT with lecithin next time 😎

decarb dry and then add to the oil for 20 minutes to become infused and then mix together you will enjoy it. I think you should taste the lecithin before you add it to your yogurt.

GoldenBud

decarb dry and then add to the oil for 20 minutes to become infused and then mix together you will enjoy it. I think you should taste the lecithin before you add it to your yogurt.
Yeah did a decarb to a 0.35gr bud without oil, much better, after few months of a break with edibles, it feels real strong and really is a great pain reliefer! the problem is when you're taking it every day and it lost its effects....! definately great, my lower back pain is GONE!

ploooopp

Sorry for not reading all 11 pages, I'm just wondering if someone figured out the max ratio of g of weed to ml of fat.
I'll be making edibles tomorrow and will be using about 25g but the coconut oil amount isn't decided yet because we're unsure if there's an upper limit to what coconut oil can absorb

GoldenBud

Sorry for not reading all 11 pages, I'm just wondering if someone figured out the max ratio of g of weed to ml of fat.
I'll be making edibles tomorrow and will be using about 25g but the coconut oil amount isn't decided yet because we're unsure if there's an upper limit to what coconut oil can absorb
According to this guide:
around 360ml of oil for 25gr of weed (after decarb) for a very strong oil

sickmanfraud

I make a concentrated Coconut oil that has 1 gram of weed to 1 ml of oil. I add lecithin 1tsp per ounce. To get a finished product at that concentration I make an ethanol tincture using freezing cold 95% ethanol and decarbed cannabis also placed in the freezer for 24 hours. I reduce this down to RSO and reconstitute it with coconut oil and lecithin.

Regardless, when I bake edibles I make my infusion in about 1/4 cup of coconut oil and replace the remaining 3/4 cup of oil with unsweetened applesauce or mashed bananas depending on what I am making.

I have replaced oil successfully in snickerdoodles, chocolate chip banana cake (chocolate chip recipe just made in a 9x13 pan, chocolate cake, and others.

If you just wanted to know how much weed you can put directly into butter or oil I have given you a whole bunch of useless information. Either way, I hope I helped.

shredder

After decarbing your buds, for infusing you need enough oil to cover the buds.

220°F for an hour or two to infuse, then strain. A nut bag and potato ricer gets most of the oil out.

For potency estimate the total thc. If its 18% thats 180 miligrams of thc per gram. 25 grams at 180mg would be 4500mg.

Then multiply by .80 to get the actual amount of thc. ( you lose 20% from the strained out herb. If you use the herb itself you can skip this).
Then divide by portions and youll have an idea of each doses strength.

You probably wont use all of it at once so you can split it in half or quarters and still keep track of the strength so you dont green out.

shredder,

GoldenBud

I make a concentrated Coconut oil that has 1 gram of weed to 1 ml of oil. I add lecithin 1tsp per ounce. To get a finished product at that concentration I make an ethanol tincture using freezing cold 95% ethanol and decarbed cannabis also placed in the freezer for 24 hours. I reduce this down to RSO and reconstitute it with coconut oil and lecithin.
how do you make it? like in the link i sent in the previous message? a mason jar within a pot, closed lids but not sealed? for 2-6 hours, low heat? 90c +-

shredder

After decarbing your buds, for infusing you need enough oil to cover the buds.

220°F for an hour or two to infuse, then strain. A nut bag and potato ricer gets most of the oil out.

For potency estimate the total thc. If its 18% thats 180 miligrams of thc per gram. 25 grams at 180mg would be 4500mg.

Then multiply by .80 to get the actual amount of thc. ( you lose 20% from the strained out herb. If you use the herb itself you can skip this).
Then divide by portions and youll have an idea of each doses strength.

You probably wont use all of it at once so you can split it in half or quarters and still keep track of the strength so you dont green out someone.

Edit there isnt an upper limit ratio of coconut to canna oil. They simply mix and blend together.

shredder,
Reactions: ploooopp

sickmanfraud

how do you make it? like in the link i sent in the previous message? a mason jar within a pot, closed lids but not sealed? for 2-6 hours, low heat? 90c +-

Absolutely not!

I believe the safest and healthiest extractions of the cannabinoids from flowers is to use ethanol as a solvent. Combining decarbed cannabis and ethanol both freezing cold is the best way to maximize the extraction in the least time.

Here is a link to an edible thread I have been following for close to 10 years. The thread is over 1300 pages long! I believe I can answer most questions you may have. I hope that I am allowed to link to a different site. https://forum.grasscity.com/threads/another-tincture-thread-try-it-youll-like-it.1102315/

If this discussion should be taken to PM please let me know.

Good Luck

sickmanfraud

I forgot to mention two things. 1. by using the freezing ethanol method you filter your plant material when it is still unconcentrated so the losses by filtering are reduced.

2. I have the same username at GC in case you have questions.

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

I believe the safest and healthiest extractions of the cannabinoids from flowers is to use ethanol as a solvent.

There are advantages to using ethanol over other solvents, but safety isnt one of them compared to an oil. Ethanol is highly flamable. And it isnt cheap.

If your already buying your gear, id just buy a concentrate over making one at home if possible.

I use ethanol quite a bit but i use it in a controled situation with a lot of ventilation and a fire extinguisher close by.

sickmanfraud

There are advantages to using ethanol over other solvents, but safety isnt one of them compared to an oil. Ethanol is highly flamable. And it isnt cheap.

If your already buying your gear, id just buy a concentrate over making one at home if possible.

I use ethanol quite a bit but i use it in a controled situation with a lot of ventilation and a fire extinguisher close by.

I believe ethanol is much safer than butane. Isopropyl alcohol is just as dangerous as ethanol but unhealthy to ingest.

Ethanol here is much more expensive than it was when I started using it as a solvent. I bought an alcohol recovery still a few years ago that I use to reclaim ethanol when I reduce the tincture.

If I had access to concentrates things might be different, but I can get flowers no concentrates.

I understand that when cooking with concentrates you can make larger doses per edible without a nasty taste of chlorophyll.

shredder

If I had access to concentrates things might be different, but I can get flowers no concentrates.

How about solventless, like rosin or hash. Both make great edibles. And no solvents.

I make both snd use ethanol, but i wouldnt mess with solvents if it was just me.

As a caregiver im dealing with bigger amounts of everything like used rosin pucks, old buds, popcorn or whatever, so i make feco.

If i didnt grow my own id just buy concentrates for edibles.

GoldenBud

I have some 2 year old banana hammock crumble that I would like to make into edibles. I know you can decarb fresh concentrates with heat. However, will concentrates naturally decarb over time? Do I need to decarb the old crumble?
heat your oven to 250f and decarb the crumble for 20-25 minutes, its surface area is smaller than herb, it needs less time to get decarbed... have fun.... probably 10 to 20 percent of the inital thca content got into thc and the same amount of thc had been converted to cbn.... nothing serious I think if it is stored with right equipment.....

shredder

I have some 2 year old banana hammock crumble that I would like to make into edibles. I know you can decarb fresh concentrates with heat. However, will concentrates naturally decarb over time? Do I need to decarb the old crumble?

I would decarb it if you want to have a good buzz from it.

After actively trying to make cbn, i've found its hard to do, so i wouldnt be afraid to decarb it. No worries if its partly decarbed.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
They have both Tang brand Mango and Crystal lite brand Mango drink mixes in Mexico. They make great 20-23 mg THC gummies. I added 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid for a bit o' pucker.

Mango-Gummy.gif

Gummy right after de-molding vs 4-day-old gummy. Older gummy won't stick to others. I "cure" on box fan.
Fresh-vs-4-day-old.gif

Last edited:

sickmanfraud

They have both Tang brand Mango and Crystal lite brand Mango drink mixes in Mexico. They make great 20-23 mg THC gummies. I added 1/2 teaspoon of citric acid for a bit o' pucker.

Mango-Gummy.gif

Gummy right after de-molding vs 4-day-old gummy. Older gummy won't stick to others. I "cure" on box fan.
Fresh-vs-4-day-old.gif

Mr. @macbill those are some nice gummies! How long can you "cure" the gummies and still be able to chew them? Do you use concentrates to make your gummies?

If you (or anyone else reading this) has made gummies using flowers as a starting point, how strong can you make the gummies before it tastes like "blech"?

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
They are still chewable, but they have the best mouth-feel right after "decanting". Like stiff Jello. Lately I've been giving them 3 days of constant box fan, then I dust them with powdered sugar so they don't stick together. I jar them so they don't lose more moisture. I use concentrate because it is so cheap in WA State. A gram of 80% THC concentrate can go as low as $6.40: for less than $20 I get over 100 2ML gummies @ 20-23 mg THC/ea. Here is a link to a Google search for cannabis gummy recipes: many call for infused oil.

2gummy.gif

mango & fruit punch

Last edited:

DrJynx86

Would you share your recipe? do you use a concentrate in alcohol? have anyone tried to make toffees yet?

Thank you!

DrJynx86,

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Sure. If you look on page 10 I explain how I make very strong alcohol tincture (great for cookies: I place a couple drops of 10 mg THC tincture in a hole made with a chopstick in unbaked dough) and gummies https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/high-potency-edibles.51128/post-1647404

Gummies are so forgiving. I was in such a rush to make a half batch that I forgot to add flavor. I had a row done when I realized it. I put the mold in the fridge until I came back from lunch. Punched the unflavored gummies out of mold and put them in the squeeze bottle. After 30 seconds or so of microwave, added my flavor and remixed solution. Good to go.

Last edited:

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
Sure. If you look on page 10 I explain how I make very strong alcohol tincture (great for cookies: I place a couple drops of 10 mg THC tincture in a hole made with a chopstick in unbaked dough) and gummies https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/high-potency-edibles.51128/post-1647404

Gummies are so forgiving. I was in such a rush to make a half batch that I forgot to add flavor. I had a row done when I realized it. I put the mold in the fridge until I came back from lunch. Punched the unflavored gummies out of mold and put them in the squeeze bottle. After 30 seconds or so of microwave, added my flavor and remixed solution. Good to go.
I liked the gummie method too, but have been using alcohol tincture to cut down on my candy intake.

One thing that should also be said for the gummie method is there isn't any waste. A lot of these edible recipes are a concern to me because with every tool and container used you lose a little medicine in each transfer. Not so with gummies. If you are willing to peel the gummie residue off everything (bowls, spoons, surfaces) you can then ball it all up into a glob and cut it into whatever size pieces you want. Not the greatest texture, but just a potent as a pretty gummie.

I took @macbill's advice and air dried my gummies to make them easier to store. Only I must have missed the fan recommendation. I just left them out on a plate for a few days and they eventully firmed up. Mine come out like little life savers.

Top Bottom