• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Herboven Decarboxylator

shredder

I've found small lab beakers work well. This one is at 100 ML (.42 cup or 3.3814 fl oz).

A small silicone pastry spatula is helpful as well.

I like the beakers with the pour thingy, but I keep breaking them. I guess I'll have to spend a little more for quality.

Nice to see all the new edible gear coming out lately. Everytime I look there's something new. And the prices are better.

Nina

does there seem to be a minimum amount for the liquid level?
Annieareyouok, I wish I could say for sure but I didn't get to that stage with mine, I just used it to decarb 10g of bud, which I then used for edibles, according to the blurb it takes 250ml, looking at it that's prob about right. I dont think I fancy using liquid in mine tho😶
So far, by my reckoning the result is 14% stronger compared to using my oven- ymmv, obvs😊

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
My HerbOven doesn't come up to temp anymore. I tried to decarb 3 grams of concentrate for 1 hour at 300 degrees. At 50 minutes, my heat gun registered 190 degrees inside the HerbOven. I finished decarbing on a 300 degree hot plate.

shredder

My HerbOven doesn't come up to temp anymore. I tried to decarb 3 grams of concentrate for 1 hour at 300 degrees. At 50 minutes, my heat gun registered 190 degrees inside the HerbOven. I finished decarbing on a 300 degree hot plate.

So what's your next move ? Contact customer service, or go shopping?

shredder,
Reactions: Twizzy

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I bought my oven about a year ago. I'm going to try my air fryer. I'll top the beaker with aluminum foil. I've been finishing up on a hot plate.

El Magico

In that case I'd definitely contact them.
Over here you automatically get 2-3 years warranty on every electronic device.

El Magico,
Reactions: shredder

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I guess I should complain. Personally, I don't know if it's worth the time or the aggravation. I find the Air Fryer works for my needs. I'll test my 1st generation Ardent. My unhappiness with the Ardent propelled my purchase of the HerbOven. There is no tweaking temps or time with the Ardent.

Edit
====
My Ardent clocks in at 230 degrees F. Better than nothing.

Last edited:

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
I like making gummies. Gummies, infused honey, and tincture are my goto evening buzz along w/vapor. Especially since concentrate is so cheap in Washington State. I am pleased to report decarbing in my Air Fryer/Hot Plate allows me to use a large enough lab beaker to decarb the concentrate, add the cooked gelatin, and mix all in the same vessel. No waste in transferring decarbed concentrate from vessel to vessel. Win/Win in my book.

Last edited:

Twizzy

Great point about vessel to vessel loss. If a gram of concentrate contains 750-850 mg/thc I estimate my final product to hold around 600mg but this is based on absolutely nothing.

Has anyone come across a more scientific method?

Twizzy,
Reactions: shredder

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
@Twizzy I don't think you lose that much. A person could weigh the dry vessel, and weigh it again after transfer. You'd think less than +/- .01 gram wasted. Still, it's wasted. I suspect more the values themselves.

shredder

Great point about vessel to vessel loss. If a gram of concentrate contains 750-850 mg/thc I estimate my final product to hold around 600mg but this is based on absolutely nothing.

Has anyone come across a more scientific method?

As long as your consistent in your methods your numbers should be relevant to you even if not totally accurate.

I find my edibles are much stronger mg to mg with dispensary edibles.

But for my purposes my 35mg chocolates are as strong as my 35mg cookies or whatever.

Top Bottom