Help with "easy to vape" full convection vaporizer

Vahn84

Hi guys, i struggled to give this thread a title that could speak for itself but i'm a little bit confused so i did my best

I'm new here...but i'm not new to vapes. I was a full convection guy from years...until i got the Mighty+. I like the Mighty, a LOT, i like its taste and holy shit the clouds it produces are thick as fuck! I had a Firefly 2+ before the Mighty...i loved it and used it for years. I tried a bunch of convection vapes (CFV, Tera, Ghost MV1, Vapcap...)...but for different reasons they ended up unused (or returned....Ghost MV1...ehm). What pushed me to buy a Mighty though, was that i was tired to fight with my FF2+ draw restriction, and making a mess to stir in between a couple of hits...so after some years i felt the need of a change.

As far as i love my Mighty though, i have soon found out that i couldn't use it anytime i wanted, i like it so much that it doubled my consumption...and i cannot afford that sadly (mostly for a problem of availability here). So i'm searching for something that can go as a daily driver paired with the Mighty (that i will use when i have a bunch of hours of relax just for me). I have started to use all the attentions i can with the mighty, like using the caps and removing them after the last hit...but i feel that this kinda ruins the mighty philosophy and its easiness of use...it becomes more thoughtful that i want when taking a bunch of hits

This is a list of features i'd like to have:

- on demand for sure...and I don't see how i can achieve true on demand without full convection so i think i'm bound to that
- Low to none draw restriction: i don't want to fight against my vape
- Easy to inhale: What i like of the Mighty, of course, is that i can sip it like you can with most full conduction brothers. I know this is some kind of pink unicorn...but i'd like a convection vape that could allow me to take short hits...and by short hits i mean that i don't want to inhale for 10+ seconds if it's possible. Is there a convection vape that can produce clouds at the very first hit without inhaling the whole air in the room for 20secs?
- portability and size is a concern too. My wife isn't too happy about my hobby...and obviously i'd like to take it with me if it's truly pocketable. I can take desktop vapes into account as a last chance. It just needs to be the stealthiest and smallest shit you can put on a desk, something that you can easily hide in seconds and that doesn't take too much space (i have a small desk) ...so i can't take into consideration bong like things, no big things

I think i said all that is flowing in my head at the moment. I need help cause i can't choose...i ve been let down from vapes a LOT and i'm scared to put other money into something that won't be the thing for me. I'd like a full convection Mighty though...i bet S&B could make it work like i want

Sorry for the wall of text guys

ps. i forgot to mention also that i'd like to avoid butane vapes...mostly because being a father of a little baby i do A LOT of shits done when i have some spare time so i often vape one-handed while doing things (and because i want to avoid crack-like behaviour :D )

Last edited:

angular ocelot

I know this is some kind of pink unicorn...but i'd like a convection vape that could allow me to take short hits...and by short hits i mean that i don't want to inhale for 10+ seconds if it's possible. Is there a convection vape that can produce clouds at the very first hit without inhaling the whole air in the room for 20secs?

tinymight.

florduh

yes this is was on top my confused list...how does it behave at low temps?

Yes. It's by far the easiest to use portable I've ever tried too. Effortless steam from a tiny pinch of herb, even at low temps. I don't really measure but it works with shorter inhales too. You definitely don't need 10 seconds to produce vapor. Easy to pop onto a water piece for longer inhales if you want too.

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
yes this is was on top my confused list...how does it behave at low temps?
I agree with @angular ocelot: the Tinymight is still king of the pocket convection portables. You can finish a bowl in less time than it takes your venerable Mighty to heat up and won't have to waste .3g just to get a handful of dense hits.

Remember that the old, slow, weak, expensive Mighty is also a conduction vape so the clouds are coming from the aluminum chamber cooking your weed for the whole session. You'll do well to embrace longer hits, especially to enjoy lower temps on the Tinymight dial.

My other pro tip is to get a wpa and j-hook for home use: the stainless steel cooling unit robs considerable flavor so I only use the included short stem when I'm using the TM to vape out of the house.

You'll also get recommendations for the Firewood7 (not convection but even more portable and still really impressive), the Tetra P80 (a hundred bucks more expensive than the TM, very difficult to buy, and not good for pocket carry), and the V3 Pro (weaker heater but simple to use and affordable at just $100).

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
the Tetra P80 (a hundred bucks more expensive than the TM, very difficult to buy, and not good for pocket carry)
I definitely agree re: price and difficulty to obtain, but I don't think either of these are better or worse for pocketability. Both are about the same size but feature glass stems in their stock configuration and glass inside of the heater, so even if you buy an aftermarket wooden stem or something the vape may be in a bad spot if you drop it (I guess you can ding the TP80 for being more of an art piece that is difficult to replace if you drop it on the go in fairness, but Ralph has seemed pretty spectactular to work with in my email exchanges with him so I bet that if its feasible to fix he would help, there just might be time and money involved). I don't have a TM to comment but the TP80 has about as wide of an airflow as I can imagine. I could basically take one of my stems and breath through mine for a few minutes if for some reason you wanted to--there is no real restriction.

I also agree with getting past the hesitancy to take long draws @Vahn84. The way full convection vapes work is very different from a hybrid conduction mighty. In your mighty the oven is always cooking your flower, so vapor is being produced--taking a short sip pulls some of this vapor that is accumulating in the oven and vapor path into your lungs. In a full convection vape since the heater is removed from the flower and just heating the air there is no vapor created until you start pulling air through, so a longer draw doesn't have to equate to a giant rip at a low temp as you're only starting to produce vapor when you inhale.

All of this said, if you want portable as I was reading through this my thoughts also went to the TM. Log vapes are great and look beautiful, but they won't be portable (maybe the couch log I guess, but I'm not sure how that would compare to others). I don't really know what logs are easy to get in the EU, but I still really enjoy my Woodscents when I want an amazing tasting on demand hit of fresh greened buds. Oh, the woodscents would probably fail the "low to no draw restriction" test though--it uses a dynavap stem so there'ssome resistance.

Robert-in-YEG

It just needs to be the stealthiest and smallest shit you can put on a desk, something that you can easily hide in seconds and that doesn't take too much space
Have you looked at the XVape Fog Pro?

A Fog Pro arrived at my house this morning; I've been waiting for this vape.

It is stealth and small, can be hidden in seconds, and it is FULL convection. No real expirience with the unit yet, but the first impressions are very positive.

When it comes to psychoactive effects, for me, conduction hits harder than convection, but that is just me. Restricting the airflow makes a difference. Restricting the airflow on the Tera, the V3 Pro, and the Fog Pro, definitely enhances the psychoactive efffects for me.

Robert-in-YEG

quotes-about-life-53-of-the-best-inspirational-and-motivational-quotes-ever-the-curate-collabora.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,

Vahn84

I agree with @angular ocelot: the Tinymight is still king of the pocket convection portables. You can finish a bowl in less time than it takes your venerable Mighty to heat up and won't have to waste .3g just to get a handful of dense hits.

Remember that the old, slow, weak, expensive Mighty is also a conduction vape so the clouds are coming from the aluminum chamber cooking your weed for the whole session. You'll do well to embrace longer hits, especially to enjoy lower temps on the Tinymight dial.

My other pro tip is to get a wpa and j-hook for home use: the stainless steel cooling unit robs considerable flavor so I only use the included short stem when I'm using the TM to vape out of the house.

You'll also get recommendations for the Firewood7 (not convection but even more portable and still really impressive), the Tetra P80 (a hundred bucks more expensive than the TM, very difficult to buy, and not good for pocket carry), and the V3 Pro (weaker heater but simple to use and affordable at just $100).
Don't get me wrong, i know that the Mighty is not the only portable vape that's enabled to deliver such good performance, but even being a lot older than the majority of the current vapes on trend it is still one of the best for a number of reasons. As i said i tried a bunch of stuff, both conduction and convection, and i see what you're pointing at. Me too i was against buying a Mighty, up until recenlty. cause I've always been so cautious with my consumption. But i have to admit it'is great...maybe not the best for everyone and not every situation...but it does its job well enough!

Anyway...i like longer hits when i want to...but i don't want to be forced. With the FF2+ you have to do that to get the best from the vape. 10/15 secs draws to get nice tasty clouds. I just want to get some nice clouds with less effort...enjoy 2/3 hits, one after another without having to always go with deep inhalation

Vahn84,

Vahn84

Have you looked at the XVape Fog Pro?

A Fog Pro arrived at my house this morning; I've been waiting for this vape.

It is stealth and small, can be hidden in seconds, and it is FULL convection. No real expirience with the unit yet, but the first impressions are very positive.

When it comes to psychoactive effects, for me, conduction hits harder than convection, but that is just me. Restricting the airflow makes a difference. Restricting the airflow on the Tera, the V3 Pro, and the Fog Pro, definitely enhances the psychoactive efffects for me.

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14939
yes i stumbled upon that cause i wanted to understand if there's a chance i might buy a great cheap convection that it's small enought to fit easily in all pockets. But as far as i understood it's an hybrid vape and first of all i need something to prevent waste before anything else

Vahn84,

Robert-in-YEG

yes i stumbled upon that cause i wanted to understand if there's a chance i might buy a great cheap convection that it's small enought to fit easily in all pockets. But as far as i understood it's an hybrid vape and first of all i need something to prevent waste before anything else
Nope, not hybrid. It is definitely convection. With no airflow or draw, there is very little cooking.

Looking at the AVB, the herb is very evenly cooked, equal to, or better, than the V3 Pro. If anything, the AVB from the Tera and the AVB from the Fog Pro, look very similar.

I've spent the last few hours puffing away on and off, using the Fog Pro and I am nothing short of impressed. I also own a V3 Pro, and I am trending towards saying the Fog Pro is better.

Robert-in-YEG

quote-the-biggest-killer-on-the-planet-is-stress-and-i-still-think-the-best-medicine-is-and-wi...jpg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Duba

Accessory Maker
Like @bossman said, you can look at the FW7, an hybrid like the Mighty but on demand (the comparison ends here...). It's easy to produce vapor.
The vapes on mod generally, i have The Glow that works great.
Last but not least, butane vapes like the Sticky Bricks are powerful on-demand pure convection vapes.

Duba,

Vahn84

Nope, not hybrid. It is definitely convection. With no airflow or draw, there is very little cooking.

Looking at the AVB, the herb is very evenly cooked, equal to, or better, than the V3 Pro. If anything, the AVB from the Tera and the AVB from the Fog Pro, look very similar.

I've spent the last few hours puffing away on and off, using the Fog Pro and I am nothing short of impressed. I also own a V3 Pro, and I am trending towards saying the Fog Pro is better.

Robert-in-YEG

View attachment 14946

Thanks for the insight! Does it have too much restriction? Can it be used as a daily driver? I got the CFV sometime ago as a cheap alternative but it wasn't giving the performance i wanted so i gifted it. For how long you have to inhale to get nice clouds?

Vahn84,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I would also recommend the TM, for all the reasons listed above. However, if you can get in on the drop, the FW7 might be more of a match for your style. It's much more pocketable than the TM. I think it will match what you like about the Mighty as well, I feel like I use a bit more herb in my FW but that might be because I am getting to know the device.

I do think that the Tinymight is the simplest, most efficient vape that I own. You mentioned that you don't want to have to take a long inhale, but I think every good vape benefits from tuning your draw technique. For me working on the perfect draw for each device is part of the fun and ritual of vaping.

Edited: Whoops, missed you were in Europe. Scratch the FW7 off your list. Sorry about that.

Last edited:
Grass Yes,

Texus

So if pocketable isn't a non-negotiable feature, I'd suggest the Tafee Bowle. Best cooling I've ever had without water. Great flavor. Easy loading due to their grinders that fill bowls when grinding.

And with stubby stem you get pretty close to pocketable, tho still no FW7 or TM in that respect. But ease of loading and cleaning may make up for that.

Interesting video by Troy at 420 Vape Zone on Mighty vs TM may be worth watching. He gets into the process and ease of use for each and considered TM less appealing for some of his use cases. You may not agree but like that it covered things other than vapor quality and how hard the vapes hit. https://420vapezone.com/tinymight-vs-mighty-vaporizer-best-top-dollar-portable/

Perhaps with cup it could have a better WAF (wife acceptance factor), and I love it as a lifestyle product. Cup integration is great and far from a gimmick.

Note that battery life is generally considered the device's major weakpoint. But unless you are away from charging option for long stretches it is just a matter of staying on top of it.

Robert-in-YEG

Thanks for the insight! Does it have too much restriction? Can it be used as a daily driver? I got the CFV sometime ago as a cheap alternative but it wasn't giving the performance i wanted so i gifted it. For how long you have to inhale to get nice clouds?
I've been pull on the Fog Pro for the last 4 hours. I am really enjoying it.

Right now I am busy fussing over a FortiGate router with a bad image. The vape is right beside me, sometimes I forget about it mid-session, when I go back, I'm starting up, and it tests pretty much the same. When I had to reach for the console cable in my bag, only to realize I do not have a USB to serial converter, I restrict the airflow, get a bit of a buzz, and think of option B.

Robert-in-YEG

0778ba717c0226302058435a306ef91b.jpeg

Robert-in-YEG,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

The CFV is old, more like the old fog, there's limited users with the fog pro in the thread, but it seems positive... You might like the Xmax V3 pro more with the on-demand feature and smaller bowl... Tinymight is next level from Firefly, with glass stem as your chamber and vapor path, it is fully cleanable and really versatile with options, it has full temp regulation, replaceable standard batteries, haptic feedback and a better form factor imo along with larger heater mass, quicker and more effective in my experience... I love the FW7, but you cannot get it in Europe unless you find someone to buy it for you in the US? Tafée Bowle really might appeal to you, and yeah Heat Island is the best log because you can get it at the cheapest and the materials are pure good build, Alan is great if you just email him, I think he ships to EU although that adds to the price? You might like Dreamwood Glow?

Vahn84

So if pocketable isn't a non-negotiable feature, I'd suggest the Tafee Bowle. Best cooling I've ever had without water. Great flavor. Easy loading due to their grinders that fill bowls when grinding.

And with stubby stem you get pretty close to pocketable, tho still no FW7 or TM in that respect. But ease of loading and cleaning may make up for that.

Interesting video by Troy at 420 Vape Zone on Mighty vs TM may be worth watching. He gets into the process and ease of use for each and considered TM less appealing for some of his use cases. You may not agree but like that it covered things other than vapor quality and how hard the vapes hit. https://420vapezone.com/tinymight-vs-mighty-vaporizer-best-top-dollar-portable/

Perhaps with cup it could have a better WAF (wife acceptance factor), and I love it as a lifestyle product. Cup integration is great and far from a gimmick.

Note that battery life is generally considered the device's major weakpoint. But unless you are away from charging option for long stretches it is just a matter of staying on top of it.
it ticks at my curiosity...i've seen troy talking about it with jerry and i think it's interesting to say the least. But its price and availability are driving me away. It seems the only european reseller i can find it's a german shop, verdampftnochmal, of whom i know nothing about

Vahn84,

Robert-in-YEG

and smaller bowl
I'm finding that the Fog Pro has a large bowl, it prefers ground herb, moderately to tightly packed, and it eats through herb quickly. Today I am breaking the rules and not measuring.

Normally I allow myself about 1 gram per day. With the Solo II, I can stretch that a long way. Today I have put a lot more than 1 gram through the Fog Pro; I'm thinking 2 or 3 grams in the past few hours. This is not an economical or efficient vape.

The V3 Pro is in my best guess a lot more efficient, but I've only had the Fog Pro for a few hours.

Robert-in-YEG

Greatest-Quotes-Of-All-Time.jpg

Robert-in-YEG,
Reactions: RxPlorer

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
the only european reseller i can find it's a german shop, verdampftnochmal, of whom i know nothing about

They are a legit shop, many here bought from them, there are threads.

I'm finding that the Fog Pro has a large bowl, it prefers ground herb, moderately to tightly packed, and it eats through herb quickly. Today I am breaking the rules and not measuring.
....The V3 Pro is in my best guess a lot more efficient, but I've only had the Fog Pro for a few hours.

Yes, I was saying the v3pro chamber is smaller than the fog pro chamber... I would also guess it is more efficient!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: Momor

Texus

They are a legit shop, many here bought from them, there are threads.

Yes, I was saying the v3pro chamber is smaller than the fog pro chamber... I would also guess it is more efficient!
Agreed. Verdamp is a legit EU retailer. Nothing to be concerned about here. If the chamber size is this much of a concern, another potential point in favor of a Bowle. I'd say cup size is roughly the same size as a Mighty dosing capsule. But it'll only be heating when you are holding down button Bowle button, which will help with conservation.

Should you move in the direction of desktops, I have been very pleased to find discover how well the Herborizer Ti breaks down (not to be confused with DigiTi which does not have detachable cord). So that could be a desk drawer option. Here's a pic of my packed up Herbo set-up with the Magic Flight Orbiter sphere and the Herbo pinched 14mm stem. https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/cheap-high-quality-bubbler.5255/post-1611531

Vahn84

Okay so....you had me intrigued on too much vapes ahahahahahahahah :D

now...let's take a decision. Having already spent more than 300 Euro on the Mighty...the one that intrigues me the most is the xvape fog pro cause it is cheap and has a size and a form factor that i like a lot

The Tinymight is probably the best in terms of raw power...but it costs me an amount of money that i'm not sure i'd like to pay...and that's where i need to understand if the xvape fog pro is able to deliver nice clouds

The Heat Island seems really great, just like the Bowle. Both are the nicest and most interesting of the lot....but i still consider portability a plus if in pairs with performance.

I can't get a FW7 so i think i can discard it.

I take the xmax v3 pro as a sparring partner of the fog...but it has to be better than the fog cause i don't like the form factor

So, please, help me take my final decision. If i can have a pleasant experience with an xvape fog pro...i'm more than happy to stick to the plan of having something to accompany a mighty in terms of price. If i can't, i think i will stretch the mile and take my steps for a tinymight...

@Robert-in-YEG, if i'm correct it seems you have both the xmax v3 and the fog. Which one would you choose in terms of clouds production, taste and ease of use? i don't mind the fog having a greater bowl, i was used to pack my firefly full anyway. I'm not interested in onehit extraction to be fair. I don't mind even having to wait a few seconds while the fog heats if they are really a few seconds. Plus i like it being a onepiece cause it makes things easier on the go

Thank you guys...sorry for being tedious...i'm always like this when i need a new vaporizer :D

Top Bottom