Help with Auber RDK300B

howie105

Picked up an Auber RDK-300B PID, and I am having either a setup or a device problem, so I am asking around for information and help. What happens is, the coil never reaches the selected operating temperature and never shuts down even when the coil cools down to room temperature, with the screen showing 79 degrees even after an hour of cooling. I read the basic and the supplemental Auber manuals and don’t see any obvious hiccups. The coil is from Disorderly Conduction, and the vendor was confident it was compatible with the PID. I am hoping it is the usual bucket head type of mistake I usually make, so it may be a simple solution. Thanks in advance.

howie105,
Reactions: Cheebsy

bizwaxzion

Enigmatic Cannabist
I have received new units that have some settings altered from default - low limit has was one of those I had to fix to get the unit to go dark. I also use DC coils with my aubers regularly without issue - so that should not be a problem. When you say it doesn't reach set temp - how hot does it get? What happens when it reaches that temp?

Cheebsy

Microbe minion
From the manual

If the coil can heat up to a temperature close to the set temperature but it won’t
converge to the set point, check the output status indicator. If the indicator
remains blinking for a long time and won’t turn solid, it is a PID parameter
tuning issue. If the indicator gradually turns to solid but the temperature still
won’t reach the target, it’s probably the heating element in the coil is not
powerful enough to overcome the heat loss.

Point 4 talks about the PID settings and gives you the defaults.

Good luck!

Top Bottom