Help w/ Noble VP400

Status
Not open for further replies.

wally0623

I just got a real good buy on a Noble VP400. I know this is an inexpensive vape, but I wanted something to take when I travel (yes, I'm really sold on vapes). The problem is this, there is a digital display, LED, and "Up" and "Down" buttons for the temperature, but there is ALSO a "Set" button. Can anyone tell me what the "Set" button is for? When you press it, an LED start to blink. Press it again and it stops. Does anyone have any experience with this type of mechanism.

Thanks in advance,

Wally

wally0623,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
I've never seen this vaporizer before. It looks pretty sweet. I'm not sure how it functions however.

My guess is the 'set' button is to try and make the temperature more stable and have it not fluctuate (heat up/cool down)

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Pretty sure the Noble is a chinese vap with similar hardware to my vaporite. I believe the set function is so you can pick a temp you like and have it go there each time. The problem with that is it assumes the vape with reach and keep a constant temp ... one thing my chinese box vape doesn't do very well. :disgust:

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
snv33675smalllargewf8.jpg

Looks interesting and not like my vaporite at all. The whip is the same budget whip though which has a big fat bowl ... but its kinda cool looking. An open air box vape :lol: Happy Vapping Wally.

vaporcloud,

max

Out to lunch
Noble and Vaporite (and Digi Vapor) are indeed made in the same factory (yep, made in China). I identified all three of the black metal models with blue display as the same unit a while back.

I think vc has the set function nailed. Use the display as a reference point but don't expect the temp that shows to be totally accurate. Set your temp by the vapor you get and the state of your remains, as if you had no display. In other words, find your vapor range, low to high, and stay within those limits, as it suits you.

max,

wally0623

I'd like to thank everyone for the prompt and helpful advice. I'll do some testing on the "Set" button today. I got this vape for $27.50 DELIVERED, so I don't expect a great piece of equipment! :/ I'll be happy if it works reasonably well (which, by the way, it seems to to). My "home" vape is an Extreme, which works VERY well.

Thanks again,

Wally

wally0623,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
Wow, 27 bucks, that's a helluva deal. I'd even try out this Chinese vape for that price....

Let us know how it is. :)

SpiralArchitect,

wally0623

Well, after one day, I have the following report on the $27.50 vape (Noble VP400):

1) It works fairly well (for the price). It takes quite a while to warm up, but I got good vapor and excellent results once it got there. I think it's well worth the price. The only "downside" was that the plastic in the cheap whip has a funny taste... I used the whip from the Extreme with better results.

2) The set button does NOT seem to work as suggested above. The vape remembers the last temperature set regardless of the "Set" button. Each time you press the "Set" button, a LED goes from steadily on to flashing and back. Other than changing the LED from flashing to not-flashing, I see no effect on the operation of the vape. One annoyance is that you can set a temperature via the "Up" and "Down" buttons, but I see no indication as the the actual temperature or even when it gets there.

This is obviously not my first pick in vapes, but it DOES work and is well worth the $27.50. If someone wanted to try a vape before sinking a lot of dough, this would probably give them a taste of what to expect. They just need to remember that a more expensive vape gives more control, requires less fiddling, and (probably) tastes better.

Wally

wally0623,

max

Out to lunch
They just need to remember that a more expensive vape gives more control, requires less fiddling, and (probably) tastes better.
Let's qualify "more expensive" up to the point of a $120 Vaporcannon. You can spend $50-100 and get nothing better than your $27.50 job. I'd worry more about the safety of materials/construction than about the vape crapping out on you. Some Chinese companies are willing to add poisons to products to increase profits (lead paint on toys, melamine in pet food in '07, and melamine in infant formula this year), and in an underground industry like vaporizers, potentially dangerous materials are even more likely to be used. I can guarantee that RoHS compliant parts are not being used, as Tom does in his vape.

My advice wally-use the Noble box infrequently and save some money for a safe upgrade. I do agree that $27.50 is an outstanding price for a convection vape if someone wants to decide if vapor is the way they want to go. Where did you get such a low price?

max,

wally0623

max,

I got the VP400 thru eBay. There are many "deals" available there. As I said before, the VP400 is for when I travel because I don't want to take my $300 Arizer Extreme in my luggage. So I expect to use it infrequently, but if something happens to it, I won't be devastated.

Wally

wally0623,

max

Out to lunch
I got the VP400 thru eBay. There are many "deals" available there.
That's what I figured. 'Deals' indeed. The best deals on new name brand vapes are likely to be found there too.

max,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom