Help picking new in-door vape!

evilferret

CombustionJunction said:
evilferret said:
Man you guys are leading me to another side loading PV. Was hoping to test out a top load PV.

I kinda like the idea of the bag just in case.

Time to do more research on the SSV. For you guys with 3 min warm up, what climate do you live in? If I do get it, it'll be in the attic and its COLD here, no insulation. (and winter is upon us).

I'm just worried about breaking glasses pieces do the the glass expanding/shrinking which I did all the time with the Vapezilla which caused me to stop using it.

Steiner you still selling your SSV? I saw your post on the for sale awhile ago.
I'm in Florida, but I keep my house at 68, so it's not cold, but still cool, especially in my smoking room.

I have frozen ice cubes in the attic (in winter). My grandparents bring me pickled vegetables to keep in the attic.

I'm talking if its close to 0 outside, its maybe like 10 degrees in the attic. Man I need to finish renovations on the house so I can move back into the den.

When I moved in, I was like yeah it'll be cool to have my home office in the attic. Realized I was a fool and should have stolen the extra bedroom from the missus.

evilferret,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
yeah, i'm not entirely sold on the vg bat. it's actually my least favorite of 5 vapes, but thought it'd work good for this especially since i get higher temp vapor without even trying too.

I didn't think it was too hot on my throat really. i do think the taste isn't great, although some good flavor can still come through. I think with better technique i might even get cooler vapor, i think poor technique will either be approaching combustion or no vapor.

Especially for just handling sometimes pain i figured maybe try the cheaper solution and not mind that isnt super tasty, but i can see saying screw this its worth lots of dollars to get rid of pain.

rabblerouser,

evilferret

rabblerouser said:
yeah, i'm not entirely sold on the vg bat. it's actually my least favorite of 5 vapes, but thought it'd work good for this especially since i get higher temp vapor without even trying too.

I didn't think it was too hot on my throat really. i do think the taste isn't great, although some good flavor can still come through. I think with better technique i might even get cooler vapor, i think poor technique will either be approaching combustion or no vapor.

Especially for just handling sometimes pain i figured maybe try the cheaper solution and not mind that isnt super tasty, but i can see saying screw this its worth lots of dollars to get rid of pain.

Reading more on the VG batt, how hard is it to load and use? I swear people either love them or hate them, doesn't seem to be a middle ground.

Well the current solution I just use a small bubbler currently for the flair ups. I just have it pre-packed and waiting in my fridge in case I need it. I want something where I have minimal hand contact with. During my ulcer attacks I sometimes I have spasms and I have broken tons of glassware.

I'm pretty sure though the smoke isn't helping my ulcer which is why I'm looking for a good one shot PV. Would like a cooler vape if possible.

The SSV with a pipe attachment is calling me but the fears of glass. Might have to check it out from a local headshop before I purchase.

Thanks all!

evilferret,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
vg bat is pretty easy to load, just unscrew and put some in, could keep preloaded for super fast. i'm still refining my technique but in general the idea is inhaling slowish to heat up ceramic filter and then faster once its hot enough to make sure you dont get too hot and combust.

preloaded ion would be awesome if their software was done. i think they were talking about text to start vape, so you could be preloaded and text from the other room to start the vape if ulcer kicks in, except none of that is out yet :( that's part of my waiting on ordering the ion.

rabblerouser,

evilferret

rabblerouser said:
vg bat is pretty easy to load, just unscrew and put some in, could keep preloaded for super fast. i'm still refining my technique but in general the idea is inhaling slowish to heat up ceramic filter and then faster once its hot enough to make sure you dont get too hot and combust.

preloaded ion would be awesome if their software was done. i think they were talking about text to start vape, so you could be preloaded and text from the other room to start the vape if ulcer kicks in, except none of that is out yet :( that's part of my waiting on ordering the ion.

Can you hit the VG bat with one hand?

Thanks

evilferret,

rabblerouser

Combustion Fucker
well, i hold the bat in my mouth, use one hand as a wind shield (even inside, but i always have a fan going lately) and one hand for the lighter. so i use 2 hands, but none to hold the bat...i guess it'd be fine without 1 hand as wind screen

rabblerouser,

evilferret

Thanks for all the comments. Going completely left field but I think I'm going to get an either Aromed or an Herborizer (if I can find one and get more info on it, I just see random posting of how its awesome).

evilferret,

wilf789

Non-combustion-convert
steiner666 said:
Usually take about 6 hits at 1 oclock, 3-4 at 2 oclock, and then a few more at 3. My herb goes from green to tan with slight green tint at first, then to tan/light brown, then to chocolate brown on highest. What you'd want to do is just dive right in at the higher temps and get ~6 thick ass hits that contain the full range of actives. I like doing this temp ramping, and fucking around and making the bowl last half an hour just to completely finish it off

i dont know about the other vapes you're looking into, i can only say that the ssv can combust your herb if you crank it up, and it vapes well anywhere in between.

Personally I start at around 10 o'clock, and get at least 8 good hits at this before moving it up an hour at a time, with more good hits at each temp, and an almost full bowl on the mini-wand will last for an hour at least.

Also I take it to full temperature every time and have never once seen anything close to combustion. Unless you blow herb onto the element itself I really don't think it's possible at all... My AVB is lovely and dark though and you can definitely feel the sedative effects of the last few hits.

I'd recommend what someone else said earlier, hit the bud in your MFLB for immediate relief while the SSV warms up, then finish off the trench in the SSV bowl to extract the more analgesic components of the herb.

wilf789,

DeepFried

A Legend in my Own Mind
evilferret said:
Thanks for all the comments. Going completely left field but I think I'm going to get an either Aromed or an Herborizer (if I can find one and get more info on it, I just see random posting of how its awesome).

I've posted this before here, you need a BHO (Butane Honey Oil) vape. It has everything you need and then some. It is so inexpensive, quick and effective. IMO nothing that vapes herb will touch the instant pain relief from a dab of BHO. The CBD's are off the chart compared to herb as I've explained before.

Get this portable concentrate vape: Essential VAAAPP Portable Vaporizer http://www.essentialvape.com
they are on eBay for around 65.00 + shipping. 10 seconds to heat up, one dab of oil and you are done under 1 minute.

Make your own BHO even from mids and it will blow away the best top shelf herb.

DeepFried,
Top Bottom