Help me find a portable vape for loose tobacco

sunyata

IG: sunyata.woods
Accessory Maker
Psilocybin helps a lot of people as well.

Funny enough I wanted to mention the same a few hours ago. In all fairness, the clinical research is somewhat sparse at this point, but the case reports are plenty and virtually all existing literature looks extremely promising. It is kinda the way the psilocybin depression literature looked 7ish years ago. Bizarrely promising probably sums it up the best. One obvious factor here is the usual "the war on drugs has ruined everything" problem, if we had data as promising for a different pharmaceutical agent that didn't lead to altered states of consciousness, there would be more public interest than in covid vaccines (maybe :D). The effect sizes psilocybin achieves in depression trials frankly look outlandish to anyone familiar with the effect sizes you see for routine psychotropic agents. I have been diagnosed with something called new daily persistent headache, essentially I had a viral infection about 2 years ago and since have not had a day without headache (with no real headache issues before that), as well as a fun array of weird auto-immunity and inflammatory issues. I went from fairly high achieving young scientist who did 2-3h of combat sports 5 days a week to sad fuck who lies around with the shades drawn because photophobia is a bitch, worrying about what if I am on my way to permanent disability. So not very fun. I had previously taken psilocybin as a tool for introspection/mental health management and found it extremely beneficial in that realm. After a bit more than a year of everyday headache my mental health had gotten pretty bad and I felt it necessary to engage in some internal housekeeping, so I took psilocybin, pretty much in a style as is used in clinical settings/research. That is, lie in bed, have the option of fairly "nice" music (i.e., primarily slow but upbeat instrumental/electronic stuff) and just kinda meditate on a medium dose. See what pops up kinda thing. With persistent pain it can be a pretty heavy trip, lots of difficult emotions you may encounter. So that initial trip seemed useful in the psychological regard, but what I had not at all anticipated was that it impacted my headaches. It pretty much halved the intensity within 2 days, so that some days I was almost pain-free, and the effect lasted for about 2ish months. Had a few more of those experiences since then, and whilst certainly psychologically difficult (as in, it can be really hard work and the processing takes time), I am profoundly grateful to have discovered this option. It's been about 4 months now since the most recent trip, and I'm pretty sure I see a stable adjustment downwards (say compared to 1yr ago).

QF1994

I honestly don’t know where I’d get that. Like I said, the medical system here is still in its infancy. But it’s a good idea, I’ll keep it in mind.
If you're in the USA you can order it via mail with no issues. I'm not as up on the rules in other countries, though I do know it's easier in some areas than others.

Remember, mail-order smokeable hemp flower is legal in the USA under the farm bill, and it does come with documentation to that effect when its shipped.

QF1994,

hoptimum

My wife has started using nicotine to treat her migraines. She has tried everything traditional medicine has to offer, and so far the only thing that helps consistenly is cigarettes. We’d like to avoid that long term for obvious reasons. And yes, she’s tried cannabis, but for her it’s highly strain dependent and the medical system is really still in it’s infancy here in my state. She really doesn’t want to mess with concentrates / e-cigarettes, etc. I offered to buy some loose tobacco and put it in my Flowermate Slick. It helped with the migraine, which is great, but she doesn’t love using the thing so I thought I‘d look for some advice.

Problems she has with the Flowermate:
  • Too complicated - 5 button presses for on & off, 3 for temp changes is more than she really wants to deal with. She basically wants to turn it on, pull a hit or two, and turn in off.
  • No visible vapor created - the biggest problem here is that she has a hard time telling when the tank is “done” and needs to be replaced.
    • Looks like tobacco generally doesn’t generate much in the way of visible vapor, so this may be something we can’t really fix, but I figured I’d include it.
So, what I’m looking for (AKA requirements, such as they are).
  • Electric (she has no interest in a butane solution).
  • Portable
  • As simple as possible
These are really the only hard requirements. If at all possible she would also like
  • Draw activated
  • large chamber so she doesn’t have to reload it frequently
She claims that a friend she visited had a draw activated dry herb vape, with a huge chamber so big she didn’t even grind the bud, that she could just hit once and put away. Of course, I can find no evidence of such a thing existing and she has lost touch with this friend in the intervening time. That is what she really wants me to find, but I don’t really think it exists, so I am trying to get as close as I can.

Cost isn’t really a factor here, though less is always better of course.

I was actually thinking today that the MFLB might be good for her. Dead simple, large chamber, battery operated. I know years ago they were very popular, but it looks like reviews may be mixed now?

Thanks in advance for any advice.

The Pax might work for her

hoptimum,
Top Bottom