Help me decide? Vertex vs Dante vs FC-MOD

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
So I'm seriously thinking of a new glass piece to pair mostly with my TM2. I'm stuck deciding between a nice inexpensive option (FC-MOD), something more costly (Vertex) or something in between (Dante).
I like the sizes and removable mouthpieces on all of them.

The simplicity of the FC-MOD, the ultra low price point, and how easy it is to clean with its removable stem really appeals to me. I have it in the cart on DHGate... Almost pulled the trigger a few minutes ago.

I love the look and action of the Vertex with swiss perc, and the potential for color options. Seems like a terrific piece.

I think the Dante might perform sort of like the Vertex (?), but is much cheaper. It's nice looking but doesn't appeal to me visually quite as much as the Vertex, or even the FC-MOD TBH.

Anyone have more thoughts that might help me decide? Thanks in advance!

Last edited:

Trackrat

So I'm seriously thinking of a new glass piece to pair mostly with my TM2. I'm stuck deciding between a nice inexpensive option (FC-MOD), something more costly (Vertex) or something in between (Dante).

The simplicity of the FC-MOD, the ultra low price point, and how easy it is to clean with its removable stem really appeals to me. I have it in the cart on DHGate... Almost pulled the trigger a few minutes ago.

I love the look and action of the Vertex with swiss perc, and the potential for color options. Seems like a terrific piece.

I think the Dante might perform sort of like the Vertex (?), but is much cheaper. It's nice looking but doesn't appeal to me visually quite as much as the Vertex, or even the FC-MOD TBH.

Yeah, like you, I'm thinking FC-MOD, for the same reasons.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

Yeah I would go for the FC mod honestly I like the simplicity and versatility, more diffusion in the perk vs vertex even though it doesn't have the Swiss you could always upgrade to get that later and with color... Vertex is really nice if you want more versatility to use dry though with more cooling from the Swiss and Fab with the simple large four hole perk... Dante is pretty different from both, with more diffusion in the perk, but then through the discs, I think you saw I wrote up more detail describing them in the CC glass thread and on his discord describing them in the CC glass thread and on his discord too...

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
Thanks for the feedback Snacks and Tackrat. I threw the Dante in the mix as a mid priced option, but I think it was always between the FC-MOD and the Vertex.

I've read about both of them and came away with much of the same impression as Shit Snacks described. I think a little push towards getting the FC-MOD helps and maybe revisit the Vertex later on. :tup:

Hippie

I was thinking something similar altho the FC-199 is also on my shortlist :lol:
I've got the older FC-MOD which is easy to clean with a brush in seconds, and I'm hoping the ash catcher downstem is compatible with the older one, so the new FC-MOD is probably top of my list at the moment.

Top Bottom