Help me choose my new vape!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kush Vapez

Hi guys.

I currently only own the iolite.. and I find myself not using any of my pipes/waterpipes/etc anymore. Been just vaping and loving it.

Having said that, I would now like to move up in the world of vaping and purchase an electrical/table top.. whatever you call it.

Price range is about 150-250 US dollars. I want something that will produce a lot of vapor for huge inhales... iolite is great.. but not the big hits that I want.

Figured I'd let everyone post and let me know what vape they would recommend in that price range. Feel free to go higher or lower then what I posted, but give me some pros and cons to your choice for me. Prefer a whip type vape over a bag vape.... (dont feel like constantly buying bags) But feel free to post bag units as well.

I have heard that the vapor bros gives great hits, is easy to clean, and not to mention would fit in my range.

Let me know what you think.

BTW Green dragon kicks ass if you haven't tried it, I'm floatinggggg. :lol:

Kush Vapez,

Chubba

Vaporbonger
Just to expand... bongs, do you have a nice GG collection? Do you enjoy inhaling from a tube? This can be a big factor when considering wand vs whip type vapes.

What's your general usage, is a Purple Days style vape out of the question? Or do you need a larger whip bowl?

Would you consider a combo whip/bag unit (like an Extreme) or are you pretty set on direct draw vapes?

Chubba,

lwien

Chubba, I think the PD would be out of the question being 1), he never mentioned efficiency, and 2) he wants a vape that will produce HUGE hits. Sounds to me like a perfect candidate for a VripTech (if he can spend a bit more money) or a good whip based vape like the Buddha or the SSV.

lwien,

Lo

Combustion free since '09
If your not looking for the bag feature I'd highly recommend the SSV (or DB). I recently got mine and holy mackerel....definately gives you those big bong type rips.... I love my SSV for big fun, it can choke you!! You might be able to use some of your existing glass with it as well which could be a bonus :) I can't imagine someone being unhappy with an SSV (or DB).

If you want bags maybe look at the E's or the Zephyr which is a bit more $$ but are multi-functional.

FYI.... Rocketman at Stickney Point/41 carries a good selection of vapes including SSV if you want to oogle some of them in person. Tell them your local and they'll cut you a deal, ask for a deal and they'll cut you one :) too but still probably not as cheap as you can get online. Nice to see them in person though if you'd like.

Good luck and let us know what you get next.... You've been bitten by the bug, you'll be sporting a collection soon :D

Lo,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Whip based unit, big inhales, under $250...sounds like the SSV to me. When I want to faceplant, I reach for the SSV.

stickstones,

Beezleb

Whip based units, SSV, DBV, VB and the like.

You also mentioned you do not use waterpipes anymore since switching. You can still use a bong if it has the correct size down stem you can get a wand vape like the Vrip and Herborizer. You can stick your tube into the bong from a wand based vape as well. Great for those giant hits!

Beezleb,

Kush Vapez

thanks guys.

was busy with work the past few days so i couldn't get back to you.

@lo

I love rocketman. I find it to be the best smoke shop in the 941 area. Not to mention its only about a 20 or so minute drive for me. I find their prices to be sort of high though. But I'm gonna check my budget right now and see If i got that 200-300 to go down there and hopefully not impulse buy. Friend Justin actually works there, and they know me as a regular. So When I get back I may have a new vaporizer with me.

Who would have thought a portable vape would make me so vapor crazy?

Kush Vapez,

Kush Vapez

bought an SSV! :D

Got my 20% local discount off too. :p

Can't use though because I have to leave for work in a few mins.

Few questions.

Where should i set it to to start my trial and error process? Manual doesn't say.

Anything special i should know?

How Can I get the kinks out of my hosing since it was wrapped up for a long while?

Thanks!

Will read and get back to everyone when I get home in about 6 or so hours.

Kush Vapez,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Way to go, kush! Prepare to lose your socks!

Start it out at 1 to 2 o'clock and once it is all brown turn it up to 3 o'clock. That's what I do to get everything out of it. Some vaporists around here don't like to go that hot, so use accordingly.

stickstones,

Kush Vapez

so 1 or 2 o'clock.. I'll give it a go.

Just got home from a short night at work and I'm ready to try this out.

Watched a few vids on youtube about the SSV. I must have a newer model, or older model... IDK.

Mine doesnt need the metal clip thingy to hold the wand/whip on.

my wand actually goes inside the device... and I believe the other model, the wand went over the device.. hence the need for the metal holder clip thing.

I just put it in and give it a little turn to tighten it.. it seems to hold well in there.

Could be wrong though... may need to hold it... for I fear breaking my wand.

Will get back to you guys tomorrow.

I'm super excited.

Kush Vapez,

Kush Vapez

wanted to mention I almost got da buddha.. which was a bit cheaper. But my friend Justin talked me in to the SSV. Forgot to mention it came in a nice carrying case with a strap for when/if I need to be out on the power outlet hunt lol.

:lol:

Kush Vapez,

Kush Vapez

I LOVE my SSV :D

Can't see any vapor in my whip, but then I blow out a cloud :brow:

Life is good.

Kush Vapez,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom