Help handling vape reclaim?

RBM

So I've got quite a bit of THC reclaim now from cleaning my CFX mouthpeice. I'm swilling it in ISO for a few minutes then pouring the iso over a plate to evaporate.

After 1-2 days I'll put the plate in the freezer along with a razer blade for about half an hour then scrape it off. I'm getting a good volume of reclaim but wasting approx 20% on the blade/hands/plate as it becomes extremely sticky. At the moment I'm having to keep it in the freezer and then shatter a bit off at a time to mix in when I want to use it.

This stuff seems hella potent so I'd rather waste as little as possible. Any one have any tips for harvesting and handling the 'honey' that comes with vaping?

RBM,

mandelbrod

I use a silicone cupcake shape to dry my iso in, the oil is very easy to remove by pressing the walls of the silicone against each others after the alcohol is evaporated. I save a little alcohol to clean my pieces until it is dark enough to have a lot of reclaim in it. save the alcohol in a jar that seals well until you find it dark enough to evaporate.
Its fun times vaping this thc vape reclaim!

C No Ego

So I've got quite a bit of THC reclaim now from cleaning my CFX mouthpeice. I'm swilling it in ISO for a few minutes then pouring the iso over a plate to evaporate.

After 1-2 days I'll put the plate in the freezer along with a razer blade for about half an hour then scrape it off. I'm getting a good volume of reclaim but wasting approx 20% on the blade/hands/plate as it becomes extremely sticky. At the moment I'm having to keep it in the freezer and then shatter a bit off at a time to mix in when I want to use it.

This stuff seems hella potent so I'd rather waste as little as possible. Any one have any tips for harvesting and handling the 'honey' that comes with vaping?
I use a little glass dish and add that cannabis reclaim into coconut oil and let it mingle into it... then just use the oil later... heat the dish some ( not to hot) so that the reclaim mixes well

just_the_flu

they say im crazy but i have a good time

...try heating your dish a bit, it will help make scraping a bit more easy, least ime...

trout_fishing_in_america

I use a silicone cupcake shape to dry my iso in, the oil is very easy to remove by pressing the walls of the silicone against each others after the alcohol is evaporated. I save a little alcohol to clean my pieces until it is dark enough to have a lot of reclaim in it. save the alcohol in a jar that seals well until you find it dark enough to evaporate.
Its fun times vaping this thc vape reclaim!

Look out for the non-bonded silicone (aka not woven like the baking sheets), because it can interact with solvents, and it is porous, to a certain extent. I used to use a silicone bunny cake pan until it started getting stained, and I started researching silicone.

Best way to use reclaim?

Scrape/wipe it out with a toothpick, dabber, or anything else suitable, and rub it on a nug (or use a screen, or some cotton or hemp fiber, as you prefer) that will fit in the bowl, then vape it. Don’t add solvent if you don’t have to!

trout_fishing_in_america,
Reactions: mandelbrod
Top Bottom