Help Finding the Best Price on a Vapcap+DynaCoil+Portable Induction Heater

SunnyHours

Hi Everyone!

I'm Basically Looking for a Portable Vapcap Setup! As Cheap as Possible for a Canadian...
Basically I just Need a Starter Kit for a VapCap that'll be used for Concentrates Only!

So I'll Obviously Need a VapCap, and the Cheapest is the "M", So I'll probably have to go with that, I'll also need a DynaCoil, do I need More than One?
What Else Would Be Useful or Necessary? I was thinking a DynaStash ER (XL?) since the SlimStash (XL?) Don't have a DynaMag on them...
And should I get a Regular Size or the XL? I think if I like the "M" I'll end up with an OmniVap and I think I'd prefer the XL version...I'm kind of a Klutz so I always burn myself! So the Extra Length might Help!

About the Portable Induction Heater...I know there used and probably still are People on Here making their own Models...Any Recommendations?
Or is the DynaTec Induction Heater - Orion V2 the Best? (The Price seems Rather High, but I could get a Slimstash instead of the DynaStash since the Orion V2 has a DynaMag on it...)

Thanks For Your Help And Guidance!
P.S: I am Aware of the 20% Off Right Now...Which is in part why I am Asking for your Assistance! (Forgive me if I'm Slightly Out of My League being I've been absent for a Little While!
And if I haven't come around it's because my "VAS" was Cured Thanks to NewVape and their amazing Showerhead & Wrap-Around!
I was Cured Until I Started Thinking of Going Outside a Lot More This Summer! And Now I need a Somewhat Cheap, But Very Efficient, Cure to my Portable "VAS"...

SunnyHours.
Thanks Again!

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Good choices.
I've literally just received my Katalyzer click and go induction heater and it has completely changed my DV experience, for the much much better. Tbh, I never really got on with a torch so an ih is a great choice.

I have a 2019m, 2021 Omni (gifted) and a titanium tip and low temp cap plus several glass stems.
Really recommend at least one glass stem as the flavour and temps are better imo.
In fact my recommendation would be leave the omni for now and get an m and maybe some different caps and stems and then play. The Omni is very pretty but I would find it a challenge paying myself.

I've just ordered a coil so can't comment on that but have been playing with hash and keif using vape wool. This has been quite good as I can go past the click and not scorch the wool which I could do easily with a torch. Herb and kief is my current favourite combo.

I personally wouldn't bother with a stash box. Use a tube and spend the saving on different caps/tips/stems.

Can't help on shops as I'm EU based.

I also have flowerpot and dcup so understand where you are coming from for portable options. Look at the tinymight also which packs a real punch.

Good luck. The ih is a must have IME and I'm really looking forward to the upcoming ih from MAD.

Texus

if you get an M you don't need an XL Stash. XL are longer for DVs like the Omni or Simrell.

And agree on Pipes IH. B-stock is also available from him. i got a B-stock Hotshot and M not sure where the blemish is.

Those Orions have had lots of problems and even v2 ones have shown some cracking in the plastic.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I never bought into IHs being necessary or a "game changer" as everyone on reddit claims. I think they are convenient (especially outdoors) relative to a torch, but not something I'm in any rush to buy--the nice ones are just priced too close to pure convection vapes that I think are probably better.

That said, if you're set on one I don't think any of the Dynatech stuff is very well regarded. You'd probably have more luck asking in the dedicated DV thread, but in addition to the Pipes option folks seem to dig Koil Boi offerings. If money was no object personally I'd swing for something from https://fluxerheaters.com/ but I believe the battery-powered portable options require a bit of a wait to get them. If its strictly for home use, I've also seen positive reviews for the Portal (https://www.etsy.com/shop/IHLabs) on Reddit, and there's a dirt cheap option on amazon that is marketed as a dental tool sanitizer: https://smile.amazon.com/Dental-Pow...dental+induction+heater&qid=1625322066&sr=8-2. Not sure if the price upped due to increased demand or if you just need to look around a bit more (searching "dental induction heater" turns up a ton of listings) but I believe they used to be just under $40.

gordontreeman,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

gordontreeman

Have you tried one out of interest....?

Im not sure if you’re meaning me, but yeah. Just one of the dynatech desktop models that a buddy bought, in fairness. It’s convenient but it didn’t make the vapor better than a torch or anything to my palate.

If you dig them don’t let me talk you out of it! I guess I’m mostly suggesting that if op is budget conscious starting with a torch can work marvelously. A single flame torch (my personal preference for controlling the temp) is admittedly a bummer in the wind, but by the time you add an m and ih price together you’re approaching the cost of e.g. a tinymight (though for true portable the dynavap and ih will have much better battery life and durability, but I wouldn’t want to drop an ih onto concrete either).

LesPlenty

Company Rep
Hasn't the Tinymight got glass bits and pieces, I would not want to drop that either!
I never liked the thought of an Omni as you cant cut off the carb completely (not back when I was interested) I like my M and ended up getting a spinning cap for it, then a Ti tip and finally a Ti body, custom stems etc, most know and have traveled a similar story.
I am back in the no carb VC a lot the last few days since getting my Ispire The Wand dab kit that just happens to run my VapCaps great. Really portable and used 2x18650 quick swap batteries that can be charged in the unit by USB-c or your own charger.
The wand is about $100 when you shop or wait for codes.

gordontreeman

Hasn't the Tinymight got glass bits and pieces, I would not want to drop that either!
Absolutely, as I said for pure portability the dynavap wins on a durability and longevity perspective! It’s why I bought an m a while back and hope to always keep it around for rugged use cases! I guess I just get on well enough with a lighter that I don’t mind using that in those scenarios when considering the cost of an ih. If money were no object (I’ve still got student loans 😞) I’d probably swing for one of the fluxers!

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
@SunnyHours, +1 on the recommendations for a 19M, particularly the tip and cap of that year. Plus, if you get a older model then it will probably come with the plastic tube holder so you don't need a dynastash. Also, +1 on the @Pipes Hotshot IH.

I will comment on your concentrate and dynacoil question. IMO the dynacoil is flawed because once you run it a few times the reclaim builds and takes away from the flavor of fresh dabs. Also a PITA to clean them. I continue to recommend the use of organic cotton with concentrates in a DV. Wrap your dab in a little flattened disc of cotton and away you go. After a few hits I will sometimes mix the cotton around with a dab tool to spread the concentrate across all the cotton fibers. When you're done you throw the cotton away and start again. I have only been vaping concentrates in my DV's for the past year or two as I have moved away from flower for the time being.

Also, since you use concentrates and are looking for portability, I will recommend an OG Terp Pen to you. Very cheap (20% off today), very discreet, dependable and easy to use. Not a daily driver, but a must have in my arsenal for when I go to beach or out on the town.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
considering the cost of an ih.
I built and used a 2x18650 powered IH that cost about $10 plus batteries and a charger (just under $15 by the time I added a voltmeter). I used it quite often right up until my Ispire Wand purchase. It was portable but only jacket pocketable but I still liked it more than any of the lighters, single, double triple, and even a quad jet (my fav butane powered was my Portasol but that cost more than a lot of IH units).
It is a sit-on-your-lap wireless portable now retired from vaping to be used for loosening tight nuts where a flame is not advisable.

gordontreeman

I built and used a 2x18650 powered IH that cost about $10 plus batteries and a charger (just under $15 by the time I added a voltmeter). I used it quite often right up until my Ispire Wand purchase. It was portable but only jacket pocketable but I still liked it more than any of the lighters, single, double triple, and even a quad jet (my fav butane powered was my Portasol but that cost more than a lot of IH units).
It is a sit-on-your-lap wireless portable now retired from vaping to be used for loosening tight nuts where a flame is not advisable.
Yeah if you diy one the price almost becomes moot. I don’t have a soldering iron (I’ve honestly looked at them off and on over the years for various small projects, maybe this is a sign!), but I think there’s a tutorial for a solder free build for <= $50 usd on Reddit. Building one would be kind of fun to my mind.

Again I just used one of the dynatech units. Maybe things like the fluxer’s pwm really do add something else. To me the basic units offered less control than a single flame torch and didn’t improve the vapor quantity or quality. If you’re one who tries to kill a capful in one go and go past the click, I would imagine it’s easier to get the timing down with an ih tho. That’s not me, so I’m just speaking from my experience.

LesPlenty

Company Rep
tutorial for a solder free build for <= $50 usd on Reddit. Building one would be kind of fun to my mind.
My homemade IH is all screwed together, no solder, Post#26 on,

Chicken No Name

Dazed and confused
Brilliant. I'm in the it's a game changer camp. In fact, was out last night. Was able to use the ih and DV in a busy bar no problems. I did rely on cig smokers around me to mask any smell but I could successfully blast away. Not possible with a torch. And tasty hits time after time.....

Top Bottom