• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Help a Colorado Tourist - vapcap or oil pen.

Garysfriend

Hey All,

Flying into Colorado in a few weeks. I vape dry herb, and would rather not smoke, and don't want to deal with trying to bring my vape on a plane.

Any tips? I'm looking at either trying to find a vapcap (anyone know of a store that sells them in the Frisco/Dillon area?) Or going the vape pen route. If I find a vapcap, I'm good, problem solved. If I go the vape pen route, I have no idea what to look for. I don't want to spend a lot, and I've read I want to avoid the ones with propylene glycol? Is the high the same as vaping dry herb? Please educate me.

Bonus points for anyone who can point me in the direction of a store near the Denver airport that has good products AND stays open past 7 (I land at 7pm). I know there are a few stores right by the airport that do stay open until 10, but I have no idea what I'm looking for when I check out their websites.

Thanks!

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
I second the VapCap route, you want the device to just work and the VapCap is solid and dependable.

Don't forget you'll want to get a decent lighter and some butane fuel shipped with it. You can get the lighter from DynaVap direct and the fuel is just bog standard lighter butane, any convenience store should stock it.

As for the material, www.leafly.com would be my goto, they have an app and can tell you about the dispensaries.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Vaporizers are not illegal to own. You can fly with a well-cleaned vape. All they can do is search you, and if you have no product, no problem. Actually, the TSA is more concerned with bombs and stuff, but will call local law enforcement if they find illegal drugs while searching your luggage. But huge glass bongs, etc. can be brought on a plane.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Vaporizers are not illegal to own. You can fly with a well-cleaned vape. All they can do is search you, and if you have no product, no problem. Actually, the TSA is more concerned with bombs and stuff, but will call local law enforcement if they find illegal drugs while searching your luggage. But huge glass bongs, etc. can be brought on a plane.

However do not scream out "ahhh that guy/girl has a huge BONG! in their bag!" whilst at the airport, in a plane or well anywhere really.

Garysfriend

I have an underdog with one glass stem that I'd bring in my carry-on. I figured seeing a wood log with a bunch of metal inside would for sure flag me for a more thorough search. Will also be flying out of an illegal, very intolerant state... that's why I thought I'd leave it at home. Even if they let me fly but confiscate it, I'd hate to lose it. Of course I have absolutely no intentions of bringing any herb with me or back home.

macbill

Oh No! Mr macbill!!
Staff member
Last year I brought my E-nano to Mexico and some oil carts. This year I brought a trifecta: a PAX 3, the upper portion of an Yucan Evolve oil pen and an iStick Pico, and a standard 510 ego-style battery (Aspire CF VV+) for my potables. Am I lucky or stupid? It can go either way, I guess. It's helpful I am a retired, short, fat, nerdish 64 yr old fellow with a sincere grin on his face.

Garysfriend

Well I'm back from my trip, never got a vapcap, but probably should of. I got a pen with a oil cart and while it got me buzzed, I did not enjoy it nearly as much as regular flower. On top of that, it gave me one hell of a sore throat over a few days, and I'm still coughing up crap 3 days after (never got this from my mflb or underdog). Not a fan. I don't remember the brand of cartridge I got, but It was supposed to be the premium brand (cost $10 more than the normal kind).

On my next trip, I'll either mail out my mflb, bring my underdog, or order a vapcap and have it shipped to where I'm staying.

GreenHopper

20 going on 60
Well I'm back from my trip, never got a vapcap, but probably should of. I got a pen with a oil cart and while it got me buzzed, I did not enjoy it nearly as much as regular flower. On top of that, it gave me one hell of a sore throat over a few days, and I'm still coughing up crap 3 days after (never got this from my mflb or underdog). Not a fan. I don't remember the brand of cartridge I got, but It was supposed to be the premium brand (cost $10 more than the normal kind).

On my next trip, I'll either mail out my mflb, bring my underdog, or order a vapcap and have it shipped to where I'm staying.

Thanks for taking the time to report back.

If it were me I'd get a VapCap now and just fully clean in ISO or PBW before travelling.

P. S. Welcome back :D

Top Bottom