Hello! Looking to buy my first vape, considering the LSV or SSV. Need help.

Dr. Plutonious

Hey all! This is my first time posting here. I've been a big fan of vaping ever since I started going to the vapour lounge in Vancouver BC (Mark Emery's HQ, quite awesome in there). I am an active athlete training in MMA and I've wanted to switch from smoking to vaping for some time. I know I like vaping as I've used a Volcano a number of times.

I've done a fair bit of research on my own. The two I'm most interested in that fit within my price range are the LSV and SSV. I was wondering if anyone had any information on how they compare? I'm looking mostly at how good of a high they give. I'm sure they are comparable, I would just like to hear some opinions on the matter. I already know the construction and operational differences between the two.

Which one do you guys prefer and why?

Dr. Plutonious,
Both of them are made by the same company and are basically the same unit except for the outside shell. The SSV would be considered a whip vape while the LSV is more often used with water. However, either or can be used in any way. I personally have the LSV and love it, using it excusively with glass. Hope this helps.

SativaLover420,

Puffers

Micro-Climate Mastermind
One advantage to the ssv is that it can be left on all day long if you want where the lsv needs to be turned on and off for sessions. The lsv perserves taste better though because it doesnt have a whip that gets dirty. IIRC the lsv also has less drag so it can be a bit better suited for high diffusion percs that needs higher airflow to optimally fire the perc.

Puffers,

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
I wrestle and do Jiu Jitsu, I have a LSV, I'd recommend it for active people. It's especially a treat through a water pipe as you can get huge vapor clouds that don't irritate the lungs too much.

Steele Concept,

Cereal_MF

Green goes to brown, n that's what I stand for.
Why especially for active people? Just wondering as I too am physically inclined, and always have been even when I dont have an exercise regimen.

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
With the LSV and a water tool I find its easy to achieve desired effects after a single rip from the LSV. This I find easier on the lungs provided one has the ideal herbal material to start with :)

1 hit KO > Multiple rips IMHO... Straight to the point.

Cereal_MF

My current stash is so so. I used to consistently get good nuggy but beggars can rarely choose.
Btw im so blazed its terrible to type on this pone right now. Took a spoonfull of my zap!

Cereal_MF,

Dr. Plutonious

That's interesting to hear. My biggest fear with the LSV is that I am a fairly social smoker and I have some clumsy friends. Is it fairly durable? The long glass parts to it make me nervous.

Dr. Plutonious,
The LSV is very durable and sturdy. Glass is glass and will always be fragile but as for the LSV, there shouldnt be a problem with minor drops

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
You might wanna look into the EQ (extreme Q) for social situations. It does both bags and whips. If there is quite a few people, IMO a bag is the best way to go and is cheap so no worries about stuff breaking.

When I use my SSV in social situations, I'm the one stuck being the vap-tender/wand holder. It gets old quick.

Tweak,

Cereal_MF

Ok guys n gals, give me your opinion on this. Do you think the LSV will stay at its current price for a while, or will it go back up in the near future?

SCRATCH THAT!

UPDATE! Just ordered LSV In blue! 3 day shipping. im a happy sailor!

blais

I would go with the lsv I have the ssv and my lsv is ordered and should come in the next couple weeks, I love the ssv but Im not a huge fan of whips that get dirty since I mainly vapobong, thats why I decided to get the lsv since its a direct path instead of going through a tube.
Id say get the ssv if you prefer using a whip without water filtration and or if you have people over a lot
get the lsv if you like using water filtration and are looking for something more versatile.

Dr. Plutonious

You might wanna look into the EQ (extreme Q) for social situations. It does both bags and whips. If there is quite a few people, IMO a bag is the best way to go and is cheap so no worries about stuff breaking.

When I use my SSV in social situations, I'm the one stuck being the vap-tender/wand holder. It gets old quick.
I've considered it as well. I've seen videos of the bags it makes and it does look impressive.

I just happen to have the vapour lounge in Vancouver at my access (for $5 they let you use a volcano), so if I have a social situation beyond 4 people I can just go there.

Dr. Plutonious,

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
...so if I have a social situation beyond 4 people I can just go there.

Sweet!

I guess it all comes down to if you prefer the vape sitting on a table, and you work the wand, or holding the whole vape unit in your hand and just hitting it like that.

Are you planning on adding some glass to the equation? Really adds to the whole vaping experience.

You really can't go wrong with either one. Chances are you will probably end up buying another vape anyways, they are such great devices.

Dr. Plutonious

Sweet!

I guess it all comes down to if you prefer the vape sitting on a table, and you work the wand, or holding the whole vape unit in your hand and just hitting it like that.

Are you planning on adding some glass to the equation? Really adds to the whole vaping experience.

You really can't go wrong with either one. Chances are you will probably end up buying another vape anyways, they are such great devices.

I probably will at some point. I wanted a solid whip vape to start with just to get used to using whip vapes since I have only used Volcanos. Once I know whips a bit better, I'll probably look into adding some glass to it. I hear it gets you fried :p

Oh, and of course. I don't think one can have too many vapes haha :)

Dr. Plutonious,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
I probably will at some point. I wanted a solid whip vape to start with just to get used to using whip vapes since I have only used Volcanos. Once I know whips a bit better, I'll probably look into adding some glass to it. I hear it gets you fried :p

Oh, and of course. I don't think one can have too many vapes haha :)

The LSV will always taste a bit better than the SSV because of the whip. But i find my DBV works extremely well with a bong as well, i just plug my whip inside my 14mm downstem and i don't even use an adapter, and it is quite pratical as well.

So, if you decide for the SSV, glass is just as easy to use as in the lsv. Of course, the LSV is more pratical nonetheless but the difference comes more from the size and the ability to hold the lsv.

vorrange,
Top Bottom