• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

heavy hitter vs weak hitter vaporizer for health

Vaporware

Edit: @Shit Snacks ’s next post gives a more detailed and accurate description of the heaters I tried to describe here. :lol:

The TM, Milaana/Splinter, Nomad/Toad and maybe others I’m forgetting all use a coiled metal heater. Shit Snacks just described the TM, the Milaana/Splinter used a coiled mesh instead of a solid ribbon, and the Nomad/Toad use crimped Nichrome ribbon which doesn’t short when it touches itself so it doesn’t need the same support structure and just has a center pin it spirals out from.

The Nomad/Toad heaters also have the distinction of being interchangeable and can be swapped as easily as a battery. There are only 2 right now, and a couple of older versions, but people with older ones can upgrade and if Dan or anyone else makes new ones we can all take advantage of those if we want to. :)

Oh yeah, the iHeat has a similar heater too, so the Li’l Bud and Timber/Timber Elite would also have those. I think they’re spirals of mesh too.

There are differences in how they’re all implemented and how they perform, but this heater type in general seems to be one of the best we’ve seen so far on the convection side.

I guess this is a bit of a tangential conversation, but maybe worth adding the I do. :) :2c:

Last edited:

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The TM, Milaana/Splinter, Nomad/Toad and maybe others I’m forgetting all use a coiled metal heater. Shit Snacks just described the TM, the Milaana/Splinter used a coiled mesh instead of a solid ribbon,

Sorry, but this is inaccurate, The RBT heater is folded stainless steel mesh, there is no coils...

and the Nomad/Toad use crimped Nichrome ribbon which doesn’t short when it touches itself so it doesn’t need the same support structure and just has a center pin it spirals out from.

Yeah so I wouldn't call them coils either, more similar to the TM heater, but smaller out of different material etc.

Oh yeah, the iHeat has a similar heater too, so the Li’l Bud and Timber/Timber Elite would also have those. I think they’re spirals of mesh too.

Alan's galaxy heater in the iHeat is stainless steel mesh wrapped in a spiral around the center post (he believes support structure that RBT uses, ie mica or ceramic plates, is not necessary with the thick gauge steel)

There are differences in how they’re all implemented and how they perform, but this heater type in general seems to be one of the best we’ve seen so far on the convection side.

MistVape made actual stainless steel wire coiled stacked pancake heaters for his stuff, don't forget about Dreamwood Glow's kanthal too (similar really to what is used in healthyrips although they switched to steel I think and may have been using nichrome or something else before... I think coil kanthal in xmax/xlux and vleafgo too)

I guess this is a bit of a tangential conversation, but maybe worth adding the I do. :) :2c:

Yeah all of these work essentially the same, but you have subtle differences because of the different materials and build designs among other things... Tetra heater is four long spiraled steel coils within four glass tubes as another specific example :tup:

Vaporware

Sorry man, tried to give some useful info off the top of my head and I just ended up wasting your time. :doh:

I still think there are a lot of similarities in these heaters, and the people who designed them think so too, but I’ve opened that :worms: far enough already.

The point was that these types of heaters - as different as they are - are some of the best I’m aware of for on-demand convection. You can subdivide the group better than I can since you’ve had most of them. :)

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Sorry man, tried to give some useful info off the top of my head and I just ended up wasting your time. :doh:

I still think there are a lot of similarities in these heaters, and the people who designed them think so too, but I’ve opened that :worms: far enough already.

The point was that these types of heaters - as different as they are - are some of the best I’m aware of for on-demand convection. You can subdivide the group better than I can since you’ve had most of them. :)

All good my dude, yeah when I see some misinformation, I couldn't help but correct it, just since I have all this stuff so straight in my head automatically lol :cheers::spliff:

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
Well it's no speculation that keeping it under 200c means no benzene which is better for health..
Benzene boils at 80 degrees celsius. Its triple point is at 5c, where it starts evaporating into a gas. There is a background level around us that varies, and you will probably get more from walking next to a busy road than vaping. Especialy now they are adding more benzene to petrol (e10)thats supposedly better for the enviroment.
We have been sucking on benzene since we sat in caves round fires, might be why we find fires so relaxing? mmmm, sweet aromatic hydrocarbons..... I believe we have had more effect on natural background benzene levels than on Co2 levels. Had a quick look, couldnt find out for sure yet.
To decarboxylate more completely CBD and THC require temperature and there are usefull terpenes and cannabinoids at higher temperatures that have theraputic value, and it gives a stonger hit.
I find it works better for pain, and is, bizzarely, more smooth and sweet at higher temperatures, after the first terpy lick, it seems to cause less coughing . Some terpenes are quite harsh below 200c.
I found with a solo 2 portable, even at full temperature (220c, readouts are never accurate so far as ive seen) i used it for more time for less effect, particularly at low temps.
Heavey hitters also seem more efficient with your flower.
I suspect pumping petrol into your car will give you way more exposure to benzene than vaping. I suspect passive smoking gives you more benzene than vaping.
benzene_exposure_chart.jpg

Given the choice, I would get a TinyMight over S&B anything. Possibly next year.

weedidas

One vape can't "extract" at a lower temperature than the next one.
The vape doesn't actually change the temperature at which cannabinoids volatize.
Extraction rate is a function of surface area, temperature, and pressure.
And maybe wind speed or air flow. Evaporation happens faster with air flowing. https://byjus.com/chemistry/vaporization/#factors-affecting-the-rate-of-vaporization

I think this is observable with glass straw type conduction vaporizer like the Biovapo. When I heat it directly on the herb area, just a tiny bit of vapor begins to release but not enough to be visible inside the straw. As soon as I start inhaling, the straw becomes full of visible vapor so I think it's either the pressure drop or the air flow that causes it to release the vapor.

I'm super curious to know how a vaporizer would behave inside a vacuum chamber. Or I wonder if cannabis can be vaporized with a vacuum chamber the same way water can be boiled in one?

Top Bottom