• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Heating elements VB SSV

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyvape

Hi,

i recently bought a VaporBrothers vaporizer, i have to say i like this thing a lot.

I bought a used one so i opened it and saw that the heater has some nickel plating at
the end of the heater (connectors), it get's hot but not as hot where the heater gets red.

Does somebody know if nickel is dangerous in the airstream ?

I wanted a Silver Surfer firts but i have heard that they just use a cheap heater from
a soldering tip. They told me that these heaters easily can give off some silica fibers
and thats as bad as asbestos. (ive been told)

Can somebody please give me some thoughts about the nickel and ceramic heaters
like the SSV.

Thnx ;)

spikyvape,

Purple-Days

You say, "They told me". Who told you? Please. get the facts and get back here asap. Post the info and reference your source. This forum is about sharing information.

Uh, "the heater has some nickel plating at the end of the heater (connectors)". I think you might be refering to solder. Likely lead solder, but it could be lead free? And what type of flux did they use. You might want to ask the manufacturer these questions and see what the response is...

Purple-Days,

max

Out to lunch
Does somebody know if nickel is dangerous in the airstream ?
Nickel (if that's really what you're seeing) is a hard metal with a high melting point-around 1400 C vs. approx. 300 C for lead. And unlike lead, even if nickel is absobed, it is eliminated from the body via urine. So I wouldn't worry about nickel as much as the possibility of lead in the vapor path. Don't know if vaping temps will leach lead from components. I wish I did know.

I wanted a Silver Surfer firts but i have heard that they just use a cheap heater from
a soldering tip. They told me that these heaters easily can give off some silica fibers
The SSV (and the DB) uses a top quality ceramic heater. Take a look at the info on their site. http://www.silversurfervap.com/glassceramicheatingelement.htm

"The ceramic part of the heater is what sets this unit apart from all the competitors out there. The SSV's ceramic heater is top of the line quality. No expense has been taken in effort to provide the customer with the best product on the market. A ceramic heating element is great because ceramic gives off no toxins at all. Ceramic posses the same quality as glass as it doesn't emit any toxins when heated to very high temperatures unlike metal."

Don't know who told you they use a cheap soldering iron heater (wouldn't be the tip anyway), but the rumor couldn't be more ridiculous. The ceramic element is plainly visible inside the heater cover-in plain sight.

Not only is the SSV element high quality, the vapor path totally avoids all electrical components. The SSV is one of the safest models you can buy.

You might want to ask the manufacturer these questions and see what the response is...
Yes. We all need to start asking vape makers if they're using lead free components. Buying lead free parts is very easy. It just costs more. ;)

max,

spikyvape

Hi,

ok the info about the SSV is that it uses a heating element from China and the guy told me
to look at each element ist has to say STD-100-25. He sendet me a link with the supplier
and the heater costs 11 dollars.

If it says that number on the SSV Element i have my doubts, because it's a cheap heating
element for a soldering machine. (can someone check ?? )

With the Vaporbrothers its nickel plating with some gold soldering on it. But they cleaim that
it's safe but i am not an expert i only see nickel plates with soldering and a silicone stopper.

spikyvape,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well, I'd like to believe that the person who told you is wrong and that 7th Floor's statement on the element is legit. But surely this is worth looking into. I've been meaning to make a post regarding ceramic heaters for a while.

The SSV's ceramic element does have a code starting with "STD-..." Googling 'STD-100-25' yields some results, including some soldering iron parts lists and this thread.

Haven't read the whole thing yet, is VapeEscape the one who told you, spiky? Please ask the person for some solid evidence, research papers, etc.

I sent 7th Floor an email about it, I'm sure they will do their best to clear it up in a hurry.

Edit: 7th Floor is fast. :)

Who ever said this is a liar!!!!! No one on the market uses a higher quality heater then we use. I have seen them all, and tried them all before I went with my top of the line heater. Silica, where does this come from???? For one all of our soldering and insulation is completely separated from any air flow that goes into your lungs. Our heater goes through a sintering process that makes the heater the same structure and hardness of a ruby. That is the one small problem with forums that let any one speak. They run their mouth with a bunch of crap. Ceramic is not made from silica, glass is. Now if you get a grinder and start grinding down the glass you will get silica dust. Who in their right mind would do something like that. The SSV is by far the best vaporizer made in the USA or the world. There are a lot of haters out there. They go around and talk crap. Thanks so much for asking about this!!!!

Oh, yeh not that mine has it, but silica is not nearly as dangerous as asbestos. Talk with a doctor, and he/she would agree with me. You are right that silica is not good for you though. They are just not the same dangers.
Peace and best regards!!!

Steve
Again, if there's any proof/evidence to the toxin claims, let's see it.

vtac,

spikyvape

Hi,

Yes it was VapeEscape who told me that. And he also told me that the heater is from solomon i sendet
him a pm on dopecast. He says he has spoken the supplier and they don't think it's made for
vaporisation.

I really like the SSV design and i want to try it but do the guys from the 7th Floor have some information
about wich components are used in the heater ?

The problem with the VB unit is that everything falls in the heater (sometimes)

But do they confirm that they use the Solomon heater, because the STD number is confirmed by one
so i am for 75% sure they use the solomon ;)

Maybe they could tell us wich ceramics it are ? Aluminum Oxide, Al2O3 etc etc so i can prove someone
that there is nothing wrong with it

I just wan''t to vape in piece and no stress ;)

spikyvape,

max

Out to lunch
I really like the SSV design and i want to try it but do the guys from the 7th Floor have some information
about wich components are used in the heater ?

But do they confirm that they use the Solomon heater, because the STD number is confirmed by one
so i am for 75% sure they use the solomon.
Since you're the one that's doubting the safety of the heater, and vtac has already emailed on your behalf and received a prompt response, why don't you email your concerns to Steve at 7th Floor (customercare@7thfloor.biz)? He's obviously willing to stomp out unbased internet rumors.

The problem with the VB unit is that everything falls in the heater (sometimes)
Prop up the back end, turn it upside down, or lay it on its side.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I dont see the issue if the heater sourced from a soldering iron factory or whatever.

spikyvape said:
The silica fibers is just a competitors fabrication. 7th floor have had a SSV running non stop for over 3 years according to TokinGLX without failure so if they can source the heaters for $11 its still good business and there products are very competitivly priced.

No I don't own a SSV or DB :p

vaporcloud,

tokinGLX

vapor_cloud said:
I dont see the issue if the heater sourced from a soldering iron factory or whatever.

spikyvape said:
The silica fibers is just a competitors fabrication. 7th floor have had a SSV running non stop for over 3 years according to TokinGLX without failure so if they can source the heaters for $11 its still good business and there products are very competitivly priced.

No I don't own a SSV or DB :p
its actually been running straight for near 7 years.
(':

tokinGLX,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom