Heat gun vaporizer HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

spikyvape

Hi,
i wass going to buy a vrip last year. I mailed with Steinel for their best heatgun. They strongly advised me to not use their heatgun as an inhalation device.

So the Gotvape heatgun musst be a far below the quality from the steinel.

They advised me once to buy the Evolutions, well i got pictures from the insides of this thing. Worst
vape construction ever !

Hennessy1414

Terrorist
spikyvape said:
Hi,
i wass going to buy a vrip last year. I mailed with Steinel for their best heatgun. They strongly advised me to not use their heatgun as an inhalation device.

So the Gotvape heatgun musst be a far below the quality from the steinel.

They advised me once to buy the Evolutions, well i got pictures from the insides of this thing. Worst
vape construction ever !
well that vape gun is like $120-$200 and that is made for vaping....who has more insight? :2c: needed!

Hennessy1414,

spikyvape

To me it also would like to be sweet with a heatgun !

It was an employee from Steinel who told me that.

He said it has never been tested if it is safe so adviced me not to use it.

But maybe Steinel must say that ???

If somebody has more info let me know ;) From what i have heard you get great taste
from the setup.

spikyvape,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
I thought I would just cut and past this from the other thread. Much like a lot of us have built relationships with the Purple Days dynamic duo, I have had conversations with Mark from VRIPtech. I don't claim to be an expert on the technical issues but the explanation of the internal components of the Steinel heat gun put my concerns at to rest. The heating element and heat path is separated from the electronics, it is ceramic encapsulated, and uses an advanced method to regulate it's temp. I like to see myself as vendor agnostic, and to this day, the VRIP was my first set up and still cannot be beat on taste. I think the Herbo comes the closest (but mine doesn't have the dimmer switch) so I rank the VRIP ahead of it because I can control the type of vapor I get with the heat setting.

If anyone read the thread that I posted on the heat regulator on the Vaporfection and SSV, I made an observation that my SSV doesn't maintain it's heat as well when you are hitting it super hard. With the Steinel heat guns, it doesn't matter how fast or slow you hit it, it gives the most CONSISTENT vapor IMO because of the low fluctuation in temperature. Unfortunately, the heat gun is also the hardest tool to use and does take some coordination. One last thing about the safety of the heat gun and Steinel's official statement. I don't think any company of that size will ever come out and say that their tool can be used for phyto-inhalation due to legal issue, but Mark did mention to me that they were working together on a smaller gun that had the same internals....but then he moved on to another type of heating element, I think he's releasing it in a few weeks.

I am trying to get a pic from Mark with the newest heating tool. It has a ceramic heating element that looks very similar to the one in the SSV. Actually, the best way I can describe it is, think of the SSV heating element with the heater cover, except there is no 90 degree bend. Take away the SSV housing, and make it to the size where you can hold it in one hand, like the thickness of 5 pens together. So theoretically, you could hold that in front of your whip and take hits that way, or put it in the VRIP bowl and take hits through a bong. EXTREMELY versatile IMO. It can be hands free if you put it on a stand, and with the VRIP bowl, you can pretty much use any of your existing glassware from your smoking days. I would recommend a thorough cleaning tho to get rid of the taste.

One last thing, the gotvape heatgun bowl and the VRIP bowl are very different. I owned one of the Gotvape bowl's as well, and due to the shape of it's design, your herb tends to fly out unless you are taking a big draw as you put the heat gun to the bowl. I dunno if that makes any sense, but what happens is, the fan assisted air tends to blow around your vaping material. THe VRIP bowl is designed so that you can pack your material into the bowl so it won't move around when you put the gun to the bowl. With VRIP's new heat tool, it's a moot point tho.

I for one, LOVE THE STEINEL heat gun, I trust that Mark has done his due dilligence on the gun. I have no opinion of the other brands, but I am always safety first, so it made sense to spend a little more on the gun.

This is an email from Mark McCoy to VTAC

The Steinel heat guns are not "intended" for phyto-inhalation; however they
have been used for over 20 years and are used in clean room applications for
medical device and semi conductor manufacturing. The materials around the
heated air flow are medical grade: Ceramic encapsulated nichrome element
inside a stainless steel nozzle. Could it be better sure? I'd love to see
the boards all silicon dipped as is standard practice for electronic medical
devices and I'd love to see the be changed to a different material but at
the end of the day the greatest risk you're looking at pragmatically
speaking is a carbon ion coming off of the fan motor and maybe getting into
the air flow. This should be filtered off if you're running through water
anyway and to put it into relative terms all the carbon ions that would ever
come off the fan motor on that heat gun during its entire lifespan would be
significantly less than the carbon found in ONE SINGLE INHALATION OF SMOKE.
There has been a lot of demonizing of the heat guns by Storz and Bickel who
ironically, first went to Steinel in Germany when developing the Volcano for
possible manufacturing solutions. Also a bit ironic: they chose to go with
an Aluminum element!!! Cheap yes....clean? I hope so!!! Also dry hot
vapor and with most medicinal herbs its actually the heat and dryness that
does the majority of the damage whether your talking smoke or vapor.

But that said, we are about to release a Vaporization Heat Wand that
utilizes an all glass heating surface and nozzle so there is nothing
touching the air you're inhaling except hot glass!!! It's smaller, silent,
only 60W, and less expensive too. It will take a little longer to heat up
(a couple of minutes after plugged in) and when you're taking inhalations
you'll have to take a pull or two to get it going (no fan)....BUT, for most
people concerned about purity and vapor quality it will be the best way to
get a true clean and aromatic vapor extraction and inhalation. And because
it is part of our modular "tools" approach you'll benefit sequential venturi
extraction efficiency (the broadest spectrum vapor in the world bar none)
and water/ice moisture conditioning and cooling. The heat gun, especially
the new HG2510 is still the elephant gun of vapor...ridiculously accurate
and ridiculously huge inhalation potential, but the wand has some really
nice perks and is my choice of tools if I'm not in a huge hurry.

stonemonkey55,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Hennesy, see my post on the new heating tool from VRIP, better alternative to the heat gun

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, i really wouldnt trust that one from gotvape, it looks cheaply made and could be hazardous, you really dont want to cheap out on a heat gun, they arent made for inhalation in the first place

those inspector vape heat guns, i found one thats identical for $30 at ACE hardware after i first started smoking (i knew about vaporizing from the very start, because of all my research) i never got around to getting it though, which is fortunate because ive learned so much about vapes after i found this forum, and now i know enough to question the use of industrial equipment to consume herbs

Acolyte of Zinglon,

patrod93

My buddy got one of these and was not impressed. He thought he could find something cheaper that would perform as well as my volcano classic, wrong. spend the extra couple hundred and get a quality vape that will do the job and won't break. you can find a used one for sometimes under $300 shipped at www.cheapvolcanovaporizer.com

the volcano just can't be beat in my eyes...

patrod93,

marcuss

above the clouds
patrod93 said:
My buddy got one of these and was not impressed. He thought he could find something cheaper that would perform as well as my volcano classic, wrong. spend the extra couple hundred and get a quality vape that will do the job and won't break. you can find a used one for sometimes under $300 shipped at www.cheapvolcanovaporizer.com

ehy patrod93 i do hope you are not a spammer and please take a forum tour to know how our users see your vape!
Hopefully we do not have your eyes!!

marcuss,

Clear_Dome

Vaporhead
Glass Blower
patrod93 said:

you can also get a better vap than a volcano for under 200 shipped LOL ...just my :2c:

Clear_Dome,

max

Out to lunch
The Volcano is great if you only want bagged vapor. Most of us here enjoy the vaporizing experience, so some form of direct draw is preferable to us vs. doing nothing but sucking on a bag of diluted vapor. And if bagged vapor is the goal, the herbalAire and Extreme do just as well and provide direct draw as well (for much less $).

Also, the more you learn about vaporizing and vapes, the more you realize that there are excellent vapes available at much less than even the price of a used 'cano. :brow:

max,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Well, he registered with a throwaway email address and a MI ip. The ebay store that's linked to from all of the items in the affiliate store he posted is also in MI. How could you, patrod93? :lol:

vtac,

patrod93

i'm not spam, you guys are haters!!! buy it from ebay directly or one of the many other sites or your mom's neighbor if you don't like the site i posted. sweet mother of investigative reporting. if i were any of you i'd never register anywhere with a real email addy!!! you never ever know how that info gets used...or when it could come back to haunt you....

with that aside,
max, you make a good point with bagged vs. direct.
i've only experienced bagged and have tried the herbalaire and extreme and i still stand by the volcano in terms of price/craftsmanship/effect quality. and in terms of direct draw, to be honest im just a bit freaked out about it due to all of the talk re the possible bad stuff coming off of the heating elements, from what i've read bags can somehow minimize this but maybe i'm just crazyparanoid over nothing like the vigilant spam hunters on this forum!! :)

pat

patrod93,

stonemonkey55

Chief Vapor Officer
Manufacturer
Pat, no offense but how is the bag supposed to filter any supposed bad stuff coming off the heating element? Take the VRIP VHW for example, even the heating element is encased in glass so there is no possibility of inhaling anything because the entire air path is glass. Anyhow, I for one, didn't think you were spamming but I do think you are incorrect by implying the craftsmanship/effect quality is better with the Volcano than the HerbalAire, Extreme, etc etc. I haven't done this expirament, but I recall someone filling up multiple bags from different machines with the same strain and pretty much no one could tell the difference.

stonemonkey55,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
i would be more worried about stuff coming off the aluminum heater in the volcano than i would be with a ceramic element from say, a vaporwarez

not saying it does, but i think a lot of the "safety concerns" is just mudslinging advertising tactics used by a lot of vaporizer companies
(note: this statement is not applicaible to cheap china vapes, god knows whats in them)

Acolyte of Zinglon,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom