Heat Gun/Hair Dryer

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
So I have a couple batteries that have some cuts and I would like to recover them. Believe it or not I do not have a hair dryer as I gave mine up in the 80s when I discovered that it had an Asbestos sleeve and I just comb back and let dry (yeah, I know). So I am going to need to buy something to shrinkwrap the sleeves.

So, I am looking for a really cheap heat gun or even hair dryer so I can accomplish this. So far I only use 18650s for vapes, and a flashlight or two, so I don't expect to replace many sleeves in a year, so I don't want to spend a lot on this. I DO realize that I COULD carefully use a torch lighter, and I may if I can't find something cheap enough, but I would rather not for obvious reasons.

Anyone have any suggestion or have something cheap they can recommend? This hobby keeps growing and reaching into my checking account... :goon:

cybrguy,
Reactions: Derrrpp

P.A.M.

Vapo Rising
Crank up the log to 17v see if hot enough to shrink the tube ? Jokes!!! Open flame candle or Bic lighter could work if your shrink tube isn't too big .. i wonder if heat of a stove top or hot plate could work? Hot muffler ... someone will mention or you will find something no doubt!! Best wishes and sTay safe!

cybrguy

Putin is a War Criminal
Well, I haven't found a cheap one nearby, but I did use a torch lighter to shrink one the other day and it went ok. So, given how few sleeves I am likely to need to change over time it may make sense not to bother finding a better tool for doing it.

I am a "right tool" kinda guy, but I'm also a little cheap... ;)

I guess I'll just wait until I'm somewhere near a Rural King and get it then.

cybrguy,
Top Bottom