Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Thanks so much for the reply. Would it be possible to know a little more about that steel? For example, whether or not its 304/316 grade and what qualifies it as safe for being heated to the temperatures requisite for vaporization and subsequently inhalation? Again, thanks :)

And one more (just thought of it haha).

Could you also tell me about the finishing process/machining done on all your steel? Does it undergo a burning off/kiln heating to remove final potential toxins?

Thank you for your time ~
Thank you for your questions, it helps us expound on the health and safety of our devices in greater detail.
All of our DHE (dry herb extraction) devices are crafted completely from top to bottom with food-grade materials and stainless steel. There is nothing in the vapor path that can cause you any harm, as it is completely isolated from the electronics.

The Isolated air path is a food-grade 304 stainless steel tube that runs from the bottom of the vaporizer all the way up to the chamber, which is also made of 304 stainless steel. Our devices also have a stainless steel heating element as explained in our previous post. 304 stainless steel can be continuously exposed to temperatures as high as 1650ºF (899ºC) without appreciable scaling (our devices only reach a maximum temperature of 430ºF [221ºC]).

All of our devices are CE and RoHS Certified for your health and safety, which is obtained through extensive testing, audits, and reviews of our devices and the materials used in our devices by BST Testing Co., LTD. We have all of the official CE and RoHS certificates of compliance, as well as very detailed, multi-page reports issued to us regarding these test results.

Have a wonderful day!
Healthy Rips Team

Ddubziggy

Thank you for your questions, it helps us expound on the health and safety of our devices in greater detail.
All of our DHE (dry herb extraction) devices are crafted completely from top to bottom with food-grade materials and stainless steel. There is nothing in the vapor path that can cause you any harm, as it is completely isolated from the electronics.

The Isolated air path is a food-grade 304 stainless steel tube that runs from the bottom of the vaporizer all the way up to the chamber, which is also made of 304 stainless steel. Our devices also have a stainless steel heating element as explained in our previous post. 304 stainless steel can be continuously exposed to temperatures as high as 1650ºF (899ºC) without appreciable scaling (our devices only reach a maximum temperature of 430ºF [221ºC]).

All of our devices are CE and RoHS Certified for your health and safety, which is obtained through extensive testing, audits, and reviews of our devices and the materials used in our devices by BST Testing Co., LTD. We have all of the official CE and RoHS certificates of compliance, as well as very detailed, multi-page reports issued to us regarding these test results.

Have a wonderful day!
Healthy Rips Team

Again, I really appreciate your time and attention to your customers. However, I am still having a hard time understanding whether or not the heating element itself, as in the coil (not the tube or the chamber), is 304/316 grade stainless. Or whatever other material, I would simply like to know the specific composition.

You state,

"The Isolated air path is a food-grade 304 stainless steel tube that runs from the bottom of the vaporizer all the way up to the chamber, which is also made of 304 stainless steel. Our devices also have a stainless steel heating element as explained in our previous post."

I am only able to, again, garner that the tube and the chamber are 304 stainless. May I inquire once more what grade of steel constitutes the coil? You stated in a previous post that it is sourced from Japan due to its purity. It sounds great, but before I purchase one of your devices, it would be reassuring to know what type of steel is used.

Additionally, in my previous post I asked whether or not the steel undergoes a final heating/cleaning process before it is installed into the unit. If you could please answer that question it would give me and others some peace of mind about using your products.

Finally, is this BST Testing Co., LTD, the same that is located in Shenzhen, China?

Once more, thank you for your time and transparency.

Ddubziggy,
Reactions: Jill NYC

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Again, I really appreciate your time and attention to your customers. However, I am still having a hard time understanding whether or not the heating element itself, as in the coil (not the tube or the chamber), is 304/316 grade stainless. Or whatever other material, I would simply like to know the specific composition.

You state,

"The Isolated air path is a food-grade 304 stainless steel tube that runs from the bottom of the vaporizer all the way up to the chamber, which is also made of 304 stainless steel. Our devices also have a stainless steel heating element as explained in our previous post."

I am only able to, again, garner that the tube and the chamber are 304 stainless. May I inquire once more what grade of steel constitutes the coil? You stated in a previous post that it is sourced from Japan due to its purity. It sounds great, but before I purchase one of your devices, it would be reassuring to know what type of steel is used.

Additionally, in my previous post I asked whether or not the steel undergoes a final heating/cleaning process before it is installed into the unit. If you could please answer that question it would give me and others some peace of mind about using your products.

Finally, is this BST Testing Co., LTD, the same that is located in Shenzhen, China?

Once more, thank you for your time and transparency.
Hi! Sorry for the late reply, we thought that we answered your questions and didn't realize that you posted more questions.
The coil/heating element we use is 316 medical grade stainless steel. Of course we thoroughly clean our materials in an industrial boiler prior to assembly. We do recommend a couple of burn-offs at max temperature before first use in order to eliminate any remains that may accumulate during the production and assembly process. This will also help 'season' the metal like you would with metal cookware. Our products are thoroughly tested and certified by Shenzhen BST Science & Technology Co., Ltd.

Have a wonderful day!
Healthy Rips Team

Ddubziggy

Hi! Sorry for the late reply, we thought that we answered your questions and didn't realize that you posted more questions.
The coil/heating element we use is 316 medical grade stainless steel. Of course we thoroughly clean our materials in an industrial boiler prior to assembly. We do recommend a couple of burn-offs at max temperature before first use in order to eliminate any remains that may accumulate during the production and assembly process. This will also help 'season' the metal like you would with metal cookware. Our products are thoroughly tested and certified by Shenzhen BST Science & Technology Co., Ltd.

Have a wonderful day!
Healthy Rips Team
I really appreciate you getting back! I think that companies being engaged with their customer base like this mean a lot these days. Thanks again for the info, and I look forward to trying out one of your devices :)

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
I really appreciate you getting back! I think that companies being engaged with their customer base like this mean a lot these days. Thanks again for the info, and I look forward to trying out one of your devices :)
Looking forward to having you as a client!
All the Best!
Healthy Rips Team

HealthyRips.com,
Reactions: BigJr48

3l3tric

Well, it's been a good few months with this device, and I feel like I should give some extended thoughts now that I have what I feel is a relatively holistic understanding of this thing. Ultimately, I've gotta say I'm really satisfied with my purchase, as I think this vape definitely fills a sorely needed niche within my arsenal, although I'm sure VAS will strike again eventually.

So first, let me outline explicitly who this vape won't be for. Don't expect this to satisfy any group larger than a duo, nor users expecting good macrodosing performance. I use the unit near exclusively either by myself or with my wife, and it handles both situations very well, in particular excelling with solo sessions. I've tried a couple trio sessions and to be frank, the bowl capacity just isn't quite large enough for meaningful hits for anything but the least toleranced of smokers, regardless of whether you use the dosing caps or a "naked load". If you're the type to use more than .2g in a session, don't expect this vape to satisfy, especially with the dosing capsules.

Now, let me talk a bit about some of the real advantages I've found with this design compared to many others. Puffitup or some other site did a tremendously revealing teardown of the Fury 2 years ago, and part of this showed the presence of a thermistor directly outside the bowl area, indicating this vaporizer at least attempts to monitor the temperature of the bowl rather than solely relying on monitoring the temperature of the heating element below for its temperature control system. This may seem like a minor difference, but the major ramification is that this device is far more responsive to the temperature losses introduced by taking a draw than many others, which makes this device much more viable for low temping experiences.

The fundamental problem with many devices and low-temping is the inevitable temperature sag that occurs when the user takes a draw, which can take a while to be "seen" by the temperature sensor of the heating element. When you add some direct monitoring to the bowl, you're able to detect these sags way earlier and thus account for them with increases in the heater's output, leading to more consistent temps throughout the hit. Nearly any other device I'd try to get low temperatures out of, I'd manage to get maybe 2-3 somewhat decent cloud hits before the session descended into disappointment as the heater sagged well below my intended temp. Dumping the load would reveal far more almost green bits than I desired, yet trying to increase the temps would lead to other parts of the bowl being further browned than I wanted.

And this, my friends, is where this device excels at temp control compared to any other that doesn't attempt to monitor the bowl temperature directly. I remember initially scoffing at the manual telling me to try a session at 365 to see the exceptional flavor, as my experience with just about every other device saw them refusing to produce much vapor at anything below 390 without serious modification. But over time, I first found my temp sticking around 380, then throughout the 370s, and finally settling pretty cozily at the nice 369 degree mark for the majority of my sessions. I get very low visible vapor in low light conditions, but exhaling directly under a light reveals a lot more going on than I'd initially expect, and as I tend to seek the more cerebral effects rather than sedative anyway, these lower temperatures are way more ideal for my use.

I also fell into the same tendency as pretty much everyone else to near exclusively use the dosing capsules in the end. You do need to take a lot of care not to overpack them, as filling them beyond a certain point will end up just stuffing up the airflow without adding much to the vapor. I've opted more often to just kinda tap the side of the capsules as I fill them to try to get the material to settle inside, then make sure there's a little extra herb sticking over the lip as I put the top on since the top adds a small amount of space to the top, although if I want to put a little extra in a capsule I've had good results with a very slight tamp. A dosing cap filled this way will produce nice light vapor for an entire 5 minute solo session at 369F and cut off only about a minute earlier in duo due to less time between puffs. I think part of what made me not like them at first was using them at higher temps, where the small doses would stop producing hits within only a couple minutes, but low temping definitely improved my experience with them pretty significantly.

Now, a couple of bad points. I do have to admit the non-removable battery has ultimately been a con, as I often forget to throw the unit on the charger once I see the battery hit that last bar. I also feel like the heater acts even less aggressively when the battery's low like this based on how fast the temp climbs, but this is obviously anecdotal. Given that the battery is the internal equivalent of a 21700, I'd hope that eventually HR releases a device with a removable 18650 or similar form factor battery, but only time will tell. IMO a removable single battery system is far more convenient since you can always leave one battery on the charger, and my naive perspective leads me to believe implementing a "coin door" battery system wouldn't add too much expense to the device, but HR may have already explored and dismissed this for a multitude of reasons I'm not seeing.

Also, cleaning the device, in particular the airflow, is an absolute necessity in the long term. I'd used the 3D stem almost exclusively since receiving the unit without a proper cleaning (I wanted to clean it with everclear to keep the resin for edibles, then kept forgetting/not feeling like spending the money to go get the everclear). Recently, if I go more than 3-4 bowls without cleaning the silicon gasket/screen, the resin that's built up within the 3d stem will actually build up significantly enough to clog the metal screen in the gasket and sticky up the seal. I can scrape this resin away pretty easily and just use the unit without a screen when I use the caps, but it's important to know that the performance of this device is gonna be diminished a lot if you fail to clean it regularly. A slight design flaw with the "side by side" type design is that it can be hard to reach some parts of the bowl with the cleaning brush due to the battery/screen section of the device being "in the way".

Admittedly, at this point, many vapes either have some method of temp sensing in the bowl, or have such effective heaters that they really don't need to do direct bowl temp monitoring for decent low-temping results. However, at lower price points, the devices that actually properly cater to low temp users like myself have tended to be few and far between. Overall, Healthy Rips really has a super solid solo-user device here that will satisfy anyone looking for moderate doses in the 360-400 deg range. The battery life is more than sufficient for a day's worth of use (especially if you aren't obsessed with milking every last bit of vapor out of every bowl for minutes at 430 deg), the draw is pretty nicely open for direct to lung type puffs, the dosing cap system is well implemented for loading convenience, and the bowl sealing system is pretty ingenious (and with no magnets to fall out!)

I'm excited to see how this market continues to grow in future, and while I'm sure I'll find other devices that meet my goals a bit more dead-on than the Edge, this device is one that I'll always remember fondly as a first look into the true potential of temperature-controlled vaping. While I'll always want those milky edge-of-combustion hits every now and again, the ability to properly low-temp evenly with many devices is criminally overlooked IMO, and I'm glad I can get that experience pretty easily through the Edge.

And to give my final answer to the question that I first asked in this thread the Rogue thread all those months ago: The Edge was definitely the better device for my use case. I think if you're almost exclusively sharing a portable between 2 people and sometimes even more, or if you're more of a macrodoser, the Rogue is likely a better choice, but the Edge really satisfies in solo sessions for me personally. I think I only ever tried my dumb idea of adding glass balls to the dosing caps like once before realizing the dose they provided was already pretty much perfect, and I don't think I've ever really wanted to load more than even the "naked" bowl could provide, save for the few times I used the unit in a group of 3+.

Last edited:

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All!
Get 20% OFF storewide on all Healthy Rips products - including our ROGUE, FURY EDGE, and FURY 2 during the entire month of April. This sale is live now!

spring-sale-2022_orig.jpg

Use coupon code: FLOWER at: https://www.healthyrips.com

Happy Spring Everyone! -Healthy Rips Team

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All!

blog-banner-9-1_orig.gif

We are proud to announce the launch of our new FURY EDGE SE! Our SE version has the amazing features and outstanding performance you’ve come to love, with the addition of our newly designed Sliding Mouthpiece that we’re calling our ‘SE’ or ‘Slide Edition’. The Mouthpiece and Accessories Attachment slide on and attach with a super strong neodymium rare earth magnet. Our FURY EDGE SE is available for purchase now on our website! Click HERE.

Have a wonderful Labor Day weekend!

~Healthy Rips Team

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi All!

blog-banner-9-1_orig.gif

We are proud to announce the launch of our new FURY EDGE SE! Our SE version has the amazing features and outstanding performance you’ve come to love, with the addition of our newly designed Sliding Mouthpiece that we’re calling our ‘SE’ or ‘Slide Edition’. The Mouthpiece and Accessories Attachment slide on and attach with a super strong neodymium rare earth magnet. Our FURY EDGE SE is available for purchase now on our website! Click HERE.

~Healthy Rips Team

Nice! So is this like the old Fierce style? Will it also have the glass stems that go into the chamber?? Still miss those with Rogue...

Shit Snacks,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Nice! So is this like the old Fierce style? Will it also have the glass stems that go into the chamber?? Still miss those with Rogue...
Hi! If you prefer, you can buy the original FURY glass stems - they will fit directly into the chamber of the FURY EDGE V2 and the new FURY EDGE SE, you would just bypass the Accessories Attachment.

Thanks!
HR Team

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Hi! If you prefer, you can buy the original FURY glass stems - they will fit directly into the chamber of the FURY EDGE V2 and the new FURY EDGE SE, you would just bypass the Accessories Attachment.

Thanks!
HR Team

Thanks! Yes this is mostly how I use my Fury Edge for the pure glass path (and I use the WPA for some other things as well) I just don't like how it is the bare stem without having the sheath of plastic the way the Fierce does... I thought that was a fantastic design and was disappointed the Rogue did not have it is all. Looking forward to what you come up with next, good luck!!

Shit Snacks,

Drei

Hi All!

blog-banner-9-1_orig.gif

~Healthy Rips Team
Great news, do you have an estimate when it will be available in Europe?

Drei,

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All! To help you fight the rising cost of inflation, our Black Friday sale will last the entire month of November! Save 20% now on all items STOREWIDE including sales items. Use coupon code: PLENTY20 during the checkout process. As always, we offer free US shipping on all orders over $25 and a free accessory with every FURY EDGE and ROGUE device purchase.

black-friday-banner_orig.png

Click Here to save now :)

Happy Black Friday!
~Healthy Rips Team

GetLeft

Thanks. I’ll order one before the end of the month. I don’t recall when I purchased my edge but it has to be close to 2 yrs. Lots of use with zero problems with the device. My accessory attachment still clicks on and off solid as can be. I don’t bother cleaning the chamber other than making sure I empty it well after each use and an ocassional light iso wipe. I have to clean the screen regularly but neglect to do it as often as I should because I still get decent sessions with a slightly gunky screen. I now clean it with an iso wipe instead of pulling the screen out of the silicone grommet that holds it in place. Easy peasy. I use my edge exclusively with the mini bubbler without h2o as it diffuses the vapor well enough that my throat never gets irritated even at the highest temp. I’d go for a rogue but the size of the edge is perfect for me. I can conceal it easily (yes I still have to be descrete with my usage even at my ripe old age). And the bowl isn’t too small for me. If I fill it (which I rarely do) it would take me at least three sessions to finish it. I tend to fill it half way and get a couple of good sesions (3-4 good hits). I can’t see me being as happy a vaper as I am without my edge so time to re-up before my og decides to let me know it’s only human 😆

OF

Gentle Friends,

So I bought one of these after some consideration. I surly didn't need another Edge, but.... I just got it (having the foresight to order just before the 20% off......).

IMO it's a decided improvement in a key area. The magnet holding the adapter on (rather than the click latch on the standard models) allows for a different gasket scheme. Where before we needed a thick gasket we could compress to get the seal, the new version has a bigger bore (and therefore screen) with a very narrow lip to seal. Considerably less draw resistance, even after some fouling.

I'm not sure I can recommend folks with current version Edges will find enough to justify a purchase but for those looking to buy their first Edge I'd strongly suggest considering it, even though as yet you can only get them from HR directly (?).

Regards to all.

OF

vapeape77

Gentle Friends,

So I bought one of these after some consideration. I surly didn't need another Edge, but.... I just got it (having the foresight to order just before the 20% off......).

IMO it's a decided improvement in a key area. The magnet holding the adapter on (rather than the click latch on the standard models) allows for a different gasket scheme. Where before we needed a thick gasket we could compress to get the seal, the new version has a bigger bore (and therefore screen) with a very narrow lip to seal. Considerably less draw resistance, even after some fouling.

I'm not sure I can recommend folks with current version Edges will find enough to justify a purchase but for those looking to buy their first Edge I'd strongly suggest considering it, even though as yet you can only get them from HR directly (?).

Regards to all.

OF
Nice review notes! Probably will buy a Rogue if it has the same screen setup as the new SE Edge. Love my old Edge just want the bigger bowl for my stoner eyes. Big plus if it’s better air flow 🤙

felvapes

I only use caps in my edge and I removed the screen from the blue silicone for extra airflow
It was a regular workhorse for me for a few years especially on outings
It doesn't get the same use now I have newer toys but it is still a great vape that powered on for a long time(still works)

I also have the old slide/click MP and am fortunate enough that it has never broken yet

Chippl

I received Fury Edge SE as a replacement recently and I need to say here that I will be sending it back to the shop.
SE version mouthpieces does not fit well on body and WPA even tends to wiggle back and forth. I also hate that sealing was changed. Such a waste of money on my spare parts for FE V2 that I bought earlier this year.

IMHO idea behind magnets was great (and I know it worked well for other vapes on the market) but the outcome is rather poor. It is a decrease in quality, in my humble opinion.

Chippl,
  • Sad
Reactions: Jill NYC

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi! So sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our new magnetic design. We have had overwhelmingly positive feedback on our new design. We haven't had any issues as you are describing, but you may have received one that has a defect where the mouthpieces fit onto the body? Please contact us and we will take care of you on Monday - no worries! customerservice@healthyrips.com

We are always here for you!
~Healthy Rips Team

Last edited:

Chippl

Hi! So sorry to hear that you are disappointed with our new magnetic design. We have had overwhelmingly positive feedback on our new design. We haven't had any issues as you are describing, but you may have received one that has a defect where the mouthpieces fit onto the body? Please contact us and we will take care of you on Monday - no worries! customerservice@healthyrips.com

We are always here for you!
~Healthy Rips Team
Sorry for late reply and thanks for trying to help! :)

Please don't take me wrong. I didn't mean to be too harsh, however I was pretty disappointed when I received it. I got it from the shop as a replacement because one of my FE's button was not working properly. I am not sure if they will respect the return now, and I don't want to be 'that guy', so most probably I will try to sell this online.

TBH, I just got Tinymight 2 in the meanwhile, so I also don't care anymore about fixing this rattling MP issue. I will sell it in it's current state and let someone else decide if that's acceptable or needs returning.

Chippl,

thrl

Hi All!

blog-banner-9-1_orig.gif

~Healthy Rips Team

looking forward to seeing them in the EU shops.
is the coating changed since the V2?

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
looking forward to seeing them in the EU shops.
is the coating changed since the V2?
Hi, sorry for the late reply! The 'rubberized grip' coating feels exactly the same as the V2. We considered making a change, but we've been improving the materials and application process over the last few years and we feel like this is the best coating for aesthetics, feel, and longevity. Thank you for your question!

All the Best!
~Healthy Rips Team

HealthyRips.com

Healthy Rips Team
Company Rep
Hi All, we hope you are having an amazing holiday season so far! We just wanted to let you know that we added a couple of new accessories to our website:

FURY EDGE Dosing Capsules Kit - Includes:
1 x Silicone Case
4 x Dosing Capsules
6 x Replacement Screens
1 x Loading Scoop - Metal
Price: $25

Loading Scoops - good for all of our devices:
Material: Powder Coated Metal
2 x Loading Scoops
Price: $10

Wishing you all a very merry holiday season!
~Healthy Rips Team

Top Bottom