• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

hinglemccringleberry

Ok but I don't want to drop the inserts direct into the bowl and have to remove them after each session whilst having a smaller load size, that's the whole reason I got rid of my F2 and that's why I really like the Edge accessory housing. Hence the Dynavap stem questions...

Steverino

I'm a microdoser, usually using .05-.07. I note that Healthy Rips recommends filling the bowl or capsules full for best results. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they get good results using the capsules with around this amount. I don't want to use a Fury 2 stem in the bowl to microdose as I need a good cooling stem and I don't see one available for the F2. Also, is the HR 3d flow stem the best current option or would I be better off with a long hula stem from Sneaky Pete? I'll get a wpa, but I'm really looking to use this dry as I have some other vapes that I use through water. Thanks for your help.

OF

I'm a microdoser, usually using .05-.07. I note that Healthy Rips recommends filling the bowl or capsules full for best results. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they get good results using the capsules with around this amount.

Yes I've done it. As no doubt have others. I can't say I got 'good' results, far too subjective a rating for my blood, but I will say it was as I expected from such modest loads. It's not realistic to think you'll get the same results by heating less material since this is a conduction vape (the entire load is basically at the same temperature. But you do get full extraction, so if you're happy with such small doses you should be fine. The vapor will be less dense, of course.

The capsules limit the load size a bit and since they are in 'the heat path' they also slow production over what you'd get if you loaded directly into the bowl. Longer heat soaks help, as does bumping the temperature up a bit.

With capsules there's no reason to short load really. You can simply remove the capsule when you've finished a session. Vapor will stop immediately, once cool you can return it to await your continuing with the next heating.

That said, I really love this setup for bubble hash. It goes several sessions if loaded full and doesn't foul the bowl (capsules are easy to clean when warm). You need access to bubble hash, of course.

FWIW you might consider Go for this use? Being convection it can quickly and evenly heat such loads, many of us loading even less (say .035 grams) for a few quick hits. Being convection, once you get the hang of it they are 'normal' (full) hits.

F2 is a great vape anyway, no matter how you use it. IMO it's almost sure to please? You don't find many folks who don't think so.....or at least if they do they're keeping it under their hats.

Regards to all.

OF

Steverino

I've said it before - in my useless opinion, the Edge is the best bang for the buck.
Thanks OF and Bazinga. I think I will go ahead and get one, either soon or on black Friday. I don't generally like to go back and finish a load, especially as it might be several days later, but I think I'll be ok with partially filling the capsules. I have splinters, a splinter Z and and e-nano for on demand convection. What I want is an easy vape for those times when I just want to sit in the living room watching tv and not have to worry about making a mess stirring. I had thought about a Solo 2 but, since I have an OG Air, I want to try something different. I guess, like most of us, I have what I need but now I want a new toy. The Edge seems like it will be fun.

C No Ego

I'm a microdoser, usually using .05-.07. I note that Healthy Rips recommends filling the bowl or capsules full for best results. I'm wondering if anyone can tell me if they get good results using the capsules with around this amount. I don't want to use a Fury 2 stem in the bowl to microdose as I need a good cooling stem and I don't see one available for the F2. Also, is the HR 3d flow stem the best current option or would I be better off with a long hula stem from Sneaky Pete? I'll get a wpa, but I'm really looking to use this dry as I have some other vapes that I use through water. Thanks for your help.
if the bowl size in any vape does not suit you throw some balled up cotton in ther to take up for the load or degummed hemp fiber ( hemp wicking) . you can micro dose with any vape even herb hog vapes that need a full gram or more per sesh via adding that filler pack in the bowl with the herb

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
I had a buying spree and got myself a Simrell Vortex Titanium + adapter for the Fury Edge. Quite pricey and not really essential but still nice to have, it works great and the Vortex stem considerably cools down the vapor.

IMG_20201106_194120522.jpg IMG_20201106_194101315.jpg

C No Ego

I had a buying spree and got myself a Simrell Vortex Titanium + adapter for the Fury Edge. Quite pricey and not really essential but still nice to have, it works great and the Vortex stem considerably cools down the vapor.

View attachment 3540 View attachment 3541
Dude that is some expensive aftermarket there ... you could have got a 20 30$ piece and possibly had the same [performance ... at least you can use it as a seperate vape if the need arises , or can you ?

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
Dude that is some expensive aftermarket there ... you could have got a 20 30$ piece and possibly had the same [performance ... at least you can use it as a seperate vape if the need arises , or can you ?
I first planned to get the vortex stem for my vapcaps and randomly found the adapter for the Fury, so yes pairing the stem with my VC Tip was my main target :rolleyes: I have the original Fury edge and the black bent stem and the water piece adapter from my Fury 2, so yea not really necessary to get that adapter but I liked the idea to use the same stem with my vapcap tip and Fury :cool:

Last edited:

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
@Greenteam what happens if you use the Vortex in the unit without the Vortex adapter piece? I presume it's still usable but just wiggles a little bit?
Exactly, it wiggles and as a consequence it's not perfectly airtight - so less restricted draw, but I think it will work somehow (i'm out of stash right now, so I only tested with an empty device)

C No Ego

Exactly, it wiggles and as a consequence it's not perfectly airtight - so less restricted draw, but I think it will work somehow (i'm out of stash right now, so I only tested with an empty device)
I have a few WPA adapters that are made for Fury2 that I use in the Fury edge as well, where the adapter size that inserts into the bowl is loose ... I use a bit of cotton to set it in ther tighter ... just set the cotton on the side of the herb bowl and drop the adapter down into it ... not sure if you can however with the snap on piece used on th edge . here is images of what I use

Greenteam

Less ego. More soul.
@Greenteam what happens if you use the Vortex in the unit without the Vortex adapter piece? I presume it's still usable but just wiggles a little bit?
Perhaps a proper o-ring would solve this?
I have a few WPA adapters that are made for Fury2 that I use in the Fury edge as well, where the adapter size that inserts into the bowl is loose ... I use a bit of cotton to set it in ther tighter ... just set the cotton on the side of the herb bowl and drop the adapter down into it ... not sure if you can however with the snap on piece used on th edge . here is images of what I use
Also a good idea :tup:

kadjo

I am curious of your technique then. I do pay attention and still combust. Dyna told me to go 2 seconds past the click and sometimes that's what causes it. I just don't see why it's not working for me. I would say user error, but I get good vapor, I can feel the vapor in my throat, I also do about 4 hits per bowl, 1 per click. I try a few bowls to see if it's tolerance, but nothing happens, not even a mini high.

I am afraid if the dyna isn't working for me, will the fury? depending if the dyna is user error. I am confused on what to do
Going beyond the click is gonna combust a most of the time, especially as it builds up heat. Try thinking if it like a barbecue, you want to slowly bring your product to temp.. Heat it till it clicks. Let it cool till it clicks and hit it again. The click will come quicker as it heats up and holds temp, so going past that point will get you into the combustion zone.

Also I have the POTV one and the Fury Edge, as was stated by OF above, there is no connection between them and the DV.

Both are great easy travel, discreet, vapes. Dosing capsules make it even easier and you can pack them with the twax mentioned above.

In soak them in a jar with 5 star pbw and they look like new.

kadjo,

C No Ego

Thanks for the heads-up! I'm just looking for an alternate WPA as the three-tiered style of the OEM one doesn't seat properly in my waterpiece. I have a BB9, which fits, but is very long.

Hmm, I wonder if this MistVape piece might fit: https://getmistvape.com/products/14-20-stems?variant=37248276234423
that piece is made to insert into a 10mm bubbler ... maybe the busines end fits into the edge bowl ... i've seen mwention of people using dynvap pieces on ( in ) the fury vapes

C No Ego,
Reactions: Greenteam

purpletweed

that piece is made to insert into a 10mm bubbler ... maybe the busines end fits into the edge bowl ... i've seen mwention of people using dynvap pieces on ( in ) the fury vapes
I believe that MistVape piece I linked is for 14mm water pieces. I was wondering if the non-ground end would fit in the attachment; if it fits a DynaVap then you’re right, it might.

purpletweed,
Reactions: C No Ego

PuffItUp

Retailer
The dimpled glass stems that are available from basically every retailer as well as glass charlie usually fit. I've recommended them to quite a few people who wanted a longer stem for the Edge, and they all love them

C No Ego

The dimpled glass stems that are available from basically every retailer as well as glass charlie usually fit. I've recommended them to quite a few people who wanted a longer stem for the Edge, and they all love them
this is so new to me ... can you provide a link ( or many) from your puffitup site of glass pieces that can be used in the Edge vape ... or anyone with that knowledge please and than k you

PuffItUp

Retailer
this is so new to me ... can you provide a link ( or many) from your puffitup site of glass pieces that can be used in the Edge vape ... or anyone with that knowledge please and than k you
I don't believe I'm allowed to do that, if a moderator wants to correct me though I'd be happy to link you one

Top Bottom