• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
I am afraid if the dyna isn't working for me, will the fury? depending if the dyna is user error. I am confused on what to do
The vapcap has more of a learning curve than the Fury Edge, not only with torch technique but also the tight draw resistance. The Fury is easy and idiot-proof. It's also a good introduction to temp stepping unlike the vapcap.

I wouldn't give up on your vapcap though. The two things that helped me were 1) combining multiple cigarette-style drags with the carb closed as one hit rather than trying to inhale directly with the carb open or feathered, and 2) using an induction heater, which must made the ritual more relaxed for me.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I love a good twax sandwich (that's flower, a small bit of wax, and more flower on top)
What does the “t” stand for? THC is in both the wax and flower...
Seems like a “fwax” sangy would be more obvious. ;)

@jj71787 - get a fury (2 or edge) and then in a few months, you can give the VC another shot.
There is very, very little room for user error with the F2/Edge. The VC takes a lot more patience.

jj71787

@jj71787 - get a fury (2 or edge) and then in a few months, you can give the VC another shot.
There is very, very little room for user error with the F2/Edge. The VC takes a lot more patience.
I think the only thing stopping me was some people said if dyna doesn't work for me then fury won't. Not sure if that's true. I guess only 2 way to find out

jj71787,

badbee

Try it without the condenser.
I'll have to try that next time.

Huh, that's a good question. Urban dictionary claims this definition for twax: "When you roll your wax or shatter concentrate into a worm and twist it around the outside of a joint or blunt.", so presumably it stands for "twist". This doesn't sound like it would work very well.

In central Canada (at least when I was young) people would wipe "hash" oil on the inside surface of a rolling paper and then roll it up with tobacco (sometimes flower). We called that a spliff.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
I think the only thing stopping me was some people said if dyna doesn't work for me then fury won't. Not sure if that's true. I guess only 2 way to find out
Definitely not true.
Of course, I can’t guarantee you will love the Fury, but this is a very different vape than VC and soooo much easier to use.
Especially if you are trying to F combustion, this is a great way to go.

purpletweed

Does anyone know the appropriate size of beads to stick in the mouthpiece for cooling, if that's your kind of thing? I've got an Edge on the way, and a bunch of 3mm beads, still. Someone else mentioned 4mm, but I'm not sure if that was just preference or that anything smaller would be too small.
To answer my own question for anyone who may wonder in the future, 3mm beads fit just fine and won't come out the top of the standard mouthpiece.

justcametomind

I'll have to try that next time.

Huh, that's a good question. Urban dictionary claims this definition for twax: "When you roll your wax or shatter concentrate into a worm and twist it around the outside of a joint or blunt.", so presumably it stands for "twist". This doesn't sound like it would work very well.

In central Canada (at least when I was young) people would wipe "hash" oil on the inside surface of a rolling paper and then roll it up with tobacco (sometimes flower). We called that a spliff.
Civilized! :spliff:
Be Nice Mikey Day GIF by Saturday Night Live

justcametomind,
Reactions: GetLeft

hinglemccringleberry

Is it true that the F2 had a nichrome heating element and the Edge has a stainless steel element and this results in the Edge having better flavor than the F2?

Also do you guys think that that blue silicone screen gasket interferes with the flavor at all?

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
Is it true that the F2 had a nichrome heating element and the Edge has a stainless steel element and this results in the Edge having better flavor than the F2?

Also do you guys think that that blue silicone screen gasket interferes with the flavor at all?
Yes, to all your questions, I have both, and the Edge is a big improvement in all categories. I can't tell the difference on the blue gasket. I have ran it with and without. Without, there is little resistance, huge rips, but lots of Scooby snacks in your draw. I put it back in, I was coughing up shrubs ! :lol:

C No Ego

I've never used the silicone blue part at all and have used this vape mostly exclusivlly a few years now ... all glass vapor pathways FTW ... drop the glass into the herb bowl and vape away

hinglemccringleberry

I've never used the silicone blue part at all and have used this vape mostly exclusivlly a few years now ... all glass vapor pathways FTW ... drop the glass into the herb bowl and vape away
How do you accomplish this without getting scooby snacks in your mouth? (see the post above yours)

I'm thinking a bent glass stem along with a basket screen jammed in the stem just above the bowl..

Last edited:

GetLeft

I just use the og set up with the silicone ring / screen insert. I can't say the flavor is pure unadulterated cannabis out of the box. Nor after a break-in period, at that, since condensates build up with each session and contribute their own residual flavor profiles to each successive session. I kind of like that feature. I admit though that I don't use my Edge as my flavor chaser. I use if for its strengths: it's fast, effective and convienient.

Skinku

I thought the blue silicone was needed to form a seal for the airpath?
I just take out the mesh section as I now use the capsules.

Skinku,
Reactions: GetLeft

C No Ego

Skinku

It certainly is entertaining finding which pieces fit.
I wouldn’t recommend the BB3 or rather mine as it got jammed and gave me a wobble.
I am just giving my Edge the love it deserves and am I enjoying the BB9 as a WPA due to the carb, nice as a stem but prefer the XL Hula for my lovely lips.

hinglemccringleberry

I'm confused about something. If these DV stems work in the Edge accessory housing with no modification needed, why does Simrell sell a special $40 adapter "to make the Simrell stems work with the Edge"???

Shouldnt the Simrell work in the Edge just the way it is??

Last edited:
hinglemccringleberry,

Skinku

The BBs are thicker than the Simrell and metal Dynavap stems, I think it’s 11mm compared to 10mm? Hence the pricey Simrell adapter.
Even so there are variances in the BBs glass so my BB9 is good but the BB3 is too wide.
Someone with measuring apparatus will no doubt confirm diameters.

bulllee

Agent Provocateur
I'm confused about something. If these DV stems work in the Edge accessory housing with no modification needed, why does Simrell sell a special $40 adapter "to make the Simrell stems work with the Edge"???

Shouldnt the Simrell work in the Edge just the way it is??
I'm using a glass piece I found in a pet store. It works great for Dynavap and the Edge. Not all Stems are the same , even Dynavaps come different. My Nonavong has a different width to fit 14mm, my 2019, and 2020 M's are 10 mm. I paid $3.98 for the glass piece versus $20 for a glass Dynavap stem. It works great in the Edge you can really crank it up and still get cool vapor. :D

C No Ego

confusing , why does dynavap pieces come up more in this thread than actual Fury ( Healthyrips) glass or parts ? modding is great but there is glass that goes with the Edge that can fit that one and the Fury2 . also glass that fits the edge exclusively .. anyway whatever works justy curious to see more custom than made for ETC...

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
confusing , why does dynavap pieces come up more in this thread than actual Fury ( Healthyrips) glass or parts ? modding is great but there is glass that goes with the Edge that can fit that one and the Fury2 . also glass that fits the edge exclusively .. anyway whatever works justy curious to see more custom than made for ETC...
This is FC... Modding is a sport ‘round these parts.

hinglemccringleberry

confusing , why does dynavap pieces come up more in this thread than actual Fury ( Healthyrips) glass or parts ? modding is great but there is glass that goes with the Edge that can fit that one and the Fury2 .
I'm about to buy an Edge and wanted to know if that Simrell adapter is really necessary since I own a Vortex and I'm trying to understand why the SIMRELL FURY EDGE ADAPTER is required. It's not off topic, it's not irrelevant, it's important for me to know about before pulling the trigger since I want to use my Vortex with the Edge.
PS... The DV stems do not come up more in this thread than the actual Fury. You're being dramatic :lol:

Last edited:

C No Ego

I'm about to buy an Edge and wanted to know if that Simrell adapter is really necessary since I own a Vortex and I'm trying to understand why the SIMRELL FURY EDGE ADAPTER is required. It's not off topic, it's not irrelevant, it's important for me to know about before pulling the trigger since I want to use my Vortex with the Edge.
PS... The DV stems do not come up more in this thread than the actual Fury. You're being dramatic :lol:
look back over the pages .. I am the only one mentioning dropping the inserts into the bowl for that all glass pathway it seems ... most other mentions were for custom pieces or pieces that were made for other vapes ... this is awesome and great that so many different parts work just that I would expect more " made for that vape parts " . I guess since I am using Fury2 inserts in the edge I am as well using parts made fro other vapes LOL ...

Top Bottom