Healthy Rips FURY EDGE

OF

Approximately 4.38 cm in length. When inserted there is about 1.85 cm exposed. Good to have the correct number of sig digits right @OF? Although this was measured with an app on my phone, so keep that in mind.

I make mine 1.78 (inch and 3/4) with .70 (not quite 3/4 of an inch sticking out. You'll have to tell me if that's significant or not. I'd also bet there's some variance in length?

OF

olivianewtonjohn

Gotta thank @OF for his opinion on the arizer go (im sure a nice device) and fury edge, and everyone in fury 2/POTV/and this thread because I learned alot these past few nights.

For such a short airpath this thing is smooth, way smoother than I expected it to be, I just did a very long arizer style session, 3x4min doses. My tolerance is laughable so I cant really be a good judge of the strength. IMO this things a game changer for what I want out of a vaporizer. I love the arizer air and solo, reliable workhorses that can have amazing flavor (solo more than air) but this is more what I need as a vaporizer. The stealth is just something that my other portable vaporizers lacked even the air (gotta "hide" it in plain sight with its e-cig stem). This to me is the next step up (perfect bowl size, quick extraction, good with water. I am still waiting for WPA but i was happy with my air with a small water piece so I dont see this vaporizer disappointing.

Since I am taking a break (trying hemp flowers occasionally but thats it), maybe my viewpoint is aligned more with what the generally public would probably like. We can go down the rabbit hole with so many devices, its easy to do so and I totally get it. But if you have a solid desktop (like a log vap) and something discrete like the fury edge (which still packs a punch) then you should be set. A dynavap is nice for experimentation (different lighters or heat techniques), small doses, and quick extraction.

At its price point its a no brainier. I think I get why patients and recreational users all enjoy this device.

sickmanfraud

@OF can I ask how the charging time of the Edge (bigger battery) with USB C compares to the charging time of the F2?

Thank you

Edit:
Do you have "run time" comparisons?

Last edited:
sickmanfraud,
Reactions: OF

OF

@OF can I ask how the charging time of the Edge with USB C compares to the charging time of the F2?

Thank you

Sure, ask anything you want...... I'm not sure I have a solid answer (yet?) however. Like FIERCE it charges faster than F2 by a bit under 50% using the technique I am. That is about 1.3 Amps as opposed to .85 or so for F2 using the same source ('3 head cable'). Understand that the rate changes some as they charge (higher when the battery is 'flat', less as it nears full charge) so it's not really possible to give solid, repeatable, numbers. Also I've found some USB ports more capable than others.

I also typically end charging when the initial current drops off so my recharge times are less than most for that reason. Each takes an hour or so on a typical recharge?

It's 'faster' (but takes roughly the same time since the capacity is higher in EDGE), but how much so depends on how you do it.

Yer welcome, hope it helps.

OF

sickmanfraud

Sure, ask anything you want...... I'm not sure I have a solid answer (yet?) however. Like FIERCE it charges faster than F2 by a bit under 50% using the technique I am. That is about 1.3 Amps as opposed to .85 or so for F2 using the same source ('3 head cable'). Understand that the rate changes some as they charge (higher when the battery is 'flat', less as it nears full charge) so it's not really possible to give solid, repeatable, numbers. Also I've found some USB ports more capable than others.

I also typically end charging when the initial current drops off so my recharge times are less than most for that reason. Each takes an hour or so on a typical recharge?

It's 'faster' (but takes roughly the same time since the capacity is higher in EDGE), but how much so depends on how you do it.

Yer welcome, hope it helps.

OF

I edited the first post. Can you give approximately how many more heat cycles (recognizing that the Edge is using a longer session timer)?

sickmanfraud,
Reactions: OF

OF

I edited the first post. Can you give approximately how many more heat cycles (recognizing that the Edge is using a longer session timer)?

Sorry, not really, I haven't had it long enough for that? For sure it's more. The numbers say half again as many? An extra minute per use is not as big a power drain as it appears I think. Such things use maximum power heating from a cold start to working temperature once there power is cut back. A lot like your car in stop and go traffic.

Off hand, I'd say it's about like the increase we see between Solo I and Solo II. If you're used to F2 performance you'll notice (and welcome) the improvement. I sure did.

OF

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
Sorry, not really, I haven't had it long enough for that? For sure it's more. The numbers say half again as many? An extra minute per use is not as big a power drain as it appears I think. Such things use maximum power heating from a cold start to working temperature once there power is cut back. A lot like your car in stop and go traffic.

Off hand, I'd say it's about like the increase we see between Solo I and Solo II. If you're used to F2 performance you'll notice (and welcome) the improvement. I sure did.

OF
It'd be easier to sit here with my dirty old Fury 2 and no Edge order en route if you could be a bit less insightful and thorough in your review posts, please.

Seriously though, I appreciate the way HR keeps up the good work with this parade of new and improved devices.

mariowarner

Hi fellas, I just received my Edge. I never used any HR products yet. Are there any special hacks, techniques etc. (e.g. could I use the oil pad or a hemp wick to keep the chamber clean?)? What would be a good temp to vape at? What about heat soaking, how long should I wait until I hit it? I surely will will my own experiments, but a little head start would be appreciated! Thanks :)

mariowarner,
Reactions: C No Ego

SixStringToker

Naked member
Hi fellas, I just received my Edge. I never used any HR products yet. Are there any special hacks, techniques etc. (e.g. could I use the oil pad or a hemp wick to keep the chamber clean?)? What would be a good temp to vape at? What about heat soaking, how long should I wait until I hit it? I surely will will my own experiments, but a little head start would be appreciated! Thanks :)

A Cotton Swab and some ISO is all that you really need to clean the chamber. I usually just brush out the chambers with a Storz & Bickel brush and ISO Swab them when they look like they need it.

Temperature is way too much of a personal thing that's highly dependent upon what flavor or effect you're chasing. For a regular session, I usually start at 375 F but start a long slow pull once it reaches ~ 335 F, so the first hit is full of terpy goodness as the temperature climbs up through the lower ranges. This gets the chamber good and spicy for the hit @ 375. I then typically bump it up by 10 F after every hit (which in a regular session is ~ 10 seconds).

As for heat soaking, if you hit it as it's heating up, you don't really need to worry about it. Else it really only needs like 10 seconds; it heats up quickly.

One trick that I often do with the PoV One and HR Fierce when I'm planning on doing a long hard pull is I bump the temperature by 10 degrees F right before I start my hit so that it's climbing as I start the hit. This dramatically reduces the temperature sag that I get with those two, which can be as much as 40 degrees with the Fierce thru the WPA. I haven't had a change to do testing with the Edge yet to see how it compares to those two in that regard.

Last edited:

olivianewtonjohn

20190822-171401.jpg

I had a $3 OG chillum laying around (was going to use a for a dyna stem but went with something else), its the only thing that fit well. It has a restriction so not ideal (3D Edge stem is probably ideal) but I do get very nice vapor with it. Plus it feels like an Arizer Solo with the long stem.

Two tips:
1) I like the screen switched (once its on hold power to flip screen), fits not quite as well in your hand BUT you can use your pinky to help with grip without worrying about blocking the air holes. Pointer finger rests on on/off button and middle finger can be used to adjust temp.
2) No clue if this is recommended but I basically smelled everything when I received it and I did notice some smell with the silicone parts so I soaked all of them in ISO in the Fury Edge rubber cover (which also had a smell). I also noticed the fury edge finish has a smell and this might be what some people are noticing. I blew air through the bottom holes as well as through the chamber side. I think blowing air in the reverse direction helps to heat cure/rid the bottom of the device from any odor that might be coming from the finish.

Dont get me wrong the smells were all pretty muted but I think thats what some people with more sensitive senses are noticing. I would bet blowing air in reverse is something people havent tried. I dont see how it could damage anything. So far I have been impressed with the flavor, based on reviews I was expecting it to not taste as good as it does.

Jill NYC

Portable Hoarder
Dont get me wrong the smells were all pretty muted but I think thats what some people with more sensitive senses are noticing. I would bet blowing air in reverse is something people havent tried. I dont see how it could damage anything. So far I have been impressed with the flavor, based on reviews I was expecting it to not taste as good as it does.
I didn’t notice a smell at all, but I also soaked all the mp parts in hot, soapy water and then a thorough rinse.

This was definitely discussed in the Fury 2 thread, thanks for bringing up here @olivianewtonjohn
Probably a good idea to mention it - When you get your Edge (or any other vape) you should do a couple doing off burnoff sessions after cleaning oven with ISO.
With the Edge (and other HR Vapes), you can also do several puffs (exhale instead of inhale) through the airholes. It’s a good way to condition the oven without having to inhale the stuff you are trying to burn off.

Sorry if not making sense - way too much testing going on! :science:

olivianewtonjohn

I didn’t notice a smell at all, but I also soaked all the mp parts in hot, soapy water and then a thorough rinse.

This was definitely discussed in the Fury 2 thread, thanks for bringing up here @olivianewtonjohn
Probably a good idea to mention it - When you get your Edge (or any other vape) you should do a couple doing off burnoff sessions after cleaning oven with ISO.
With the Edge (and other HR Vapes), you can also do several puffs (exhale instead of inhale) through the airholes. It’s a good way to condition the oven without having to inhale the stuff you are trying to burn off.

Sorry if not making sense - way too much testing going on! :science:

It totally makes sense. I also always clean and do burn offs as well, seems like a good idea for anything that your herb touches (container, grinder, etc)

TLDR: Spot on pointers as always

bossman

Gentleman Of Leisure
So far I have been impressed with the flavor, based on reviews I was expecting it to not taste as good as it does.
Yeah, it bugs me when reviewers try to rate HR vapes by the vapor quality with the black mouthpiece alone. The versatility is part of the value and the addition of cooling stems to the typical compliment of glass accessories is where vapor quality and flavor really shine. It's like the Solo II glass airpath with the option to be a stealthy pocket vape like none of the big name session portables can match. Crafty doesn't even have a screen at that size and the airpath is plastic besides.

OF

Yeah, it bugs me when reviewers try to rate HR vapes by the vapor quality with the black mouthpiece alone. The versatility is part of the value and the addition of cooling stems to the typical compliment of glass accessories is where vapor quality and flavor really shine.

I agree completely in the general case. Which is while I appreciate the efforts I keep a salt shaker handy in case I need more than a grain of salt.......

It's completely normal for personal opinions to creep in to such 'reviews'. They filter the information through that, probably not realizing it? Who can blame them, they have fans who agree. Subjective information is easy, even fun. Objective not so much. No real 'vape Gods'?

But you're right. EDGE is powerful in the same way Solo is. There's no 'right way' to use it, only techniques folks have worked out and (hopefully) shared with us. Very versitle. Can fit the 'needs' of a wide spectrum of users. As I like to point out, we are diverse at many levels. We have a prominent Member who consumes an entire gram of herb per month. Honestly, a pinch a day. And yet we have another guy who's known for rolling seven gram blunts. We have cloud chasers, nail nuts an sippers (I'm guilty of being the latter, FWIW). Some crave flavor to the extent of all else.. Freshest bud, squeakily clean glass, very low temperatures. Others of us are MMJ types in it for the medicinal value first and foremost. Some vape everyday (all day in many cases), others after work only, still others only in social cases.

No vape is likely to fit everyone well. It's left to us, as individuals, to make the most informed choices in the market and keep an open mind as we try them out. Lucky for us there's lots of choices, and no end to expert advice........

Ain't it grand?

OF

Last edited:

mariowarner

Should I expect efficiency and clouds like a dynavap? Because I can't seem to get the technique right... I pack half the bowl very loosely, turn to 400°F and have very low cloud production. After 2-3min sipping, the AVB was definetly nicely brown though. I'm used to one-hitter vapes, should I consider more like a session vape?

Top Bottom