Have you quit Facebook?

gangababa

I am always fascinated by the businesses that use Facebook and, in their advertising, encourage people to go to the Facebook page. Then I do so and find that it is not available to me because I do not have a Facebook account.

Clearly poorly thought out as promotion and in ignorance (the human condition) of lives beyond their own narrow interests and desires.

Further, I will not get an account to what is essentially a spy system to exploit users as commodities.
My narrow interests and desires are my own.

His_Highness

In the land of the blind, the one-eyed man is king
So who cheated? ;)

I think Linked in is really dependent on what industry you work in. Friends that are tradesmen or non corporate have no requirement for a site like Li. They either have a job where work is provided or get work through word of mouth/trade networks.

I had to create a profile recently & view it very differently from FB as it is a professional networking platform not personal. I am connected with people I loathe but that does not change the fact that we worked together in a professional capacity & you don't have to endorse anyone if you don't want to.

Linked in compliments a professional persons resume & allows recruiters to review a persons claimed skills against if they have been endorsed by others. If someone has "strategic planning" as a skill & has 30 endorsements including vice presidents of big corporations then you can see at a glance if they are the real deal or a bullshit artist.

Completely agree. LinkedIn can be a useful networking tool. I'm the person the other person wants to link to so they can be affiliated with my reputation and skill sets. Fortunately I earned my bones long before LinkedIn came along and don't need to network like that. I believe giving a reference reflects on the person giving it and LinkedIn can cause some sensitive moments if someone asks to link up and you'd prefer not to be professionally associated. If you have a select number of affiliations ..... How do you decline an endorsement without hurting the other person and/or making it clear you don't want their reputation rubbing off on yours? When I get a request for a reference or a call for one it would be hard to say I don't know enough about the person to comment if we are linked....without it being obvious I don't have anything good to say.

Fat Freddy

FUCK CANCER TOO !
563368_572539716140844_1124348168_n1.jpg

Top Bottom