Have Dynavap M/Solo 2, want to round out the line-up but not sure what to get

aeth

As someone who owns a Solo 2, Dynavaps, an e-nano and a mighty, I feel highly qualified to respond to this. Let me tell you how they fit into my life.

The Solo 2, as wonderful as it is, was an early vape for me. I seldom use it anymore. It is a good at slow extractions over some time. You must hit it long and slow to get the best vapor.

The dynavap is in my daily rotation. Get an IH heater and it will change things up a lot for the positive. With a torch I must PAY ATTENTION to what I am doing. I can't do that while doing something else. With an IH heater I can be doing something else and get better, more consistent hits.

I have found my sweet spot with the e-nano and it's in my daily rotation. For me it is for 1 hit extractions of a very tiny load. Every hit is consistent. Full flavored, satisfying hits with no discomfort or coughing. The best hits I have ever had compared to my other vapes are from the e-nano. I imagine any log vape could do this, but the e-nano is the only one I have experience with.

The Mighty is in my weekly rotation. I have 2 uses for it. The first is just sitting back to watch a movie or something mindless and wanting to easily get nice vapor from an easy to use vaporizer. The other use is something I've never heard anyone else mention. I will use it as an on-demand style vaporizer. I came to this after reaizing my first hit off a mighty after turning it on was always my best hit. So I tried just using it that way. My first hit for an evening is turn it on, let it heat up, hit it long and hard for one big draw, then turn it off. Repeat every half hour or so until the bowl is done. It will take maybe 5 hits like this to finish a bowl. I have a low to medium tolerance and this works for me. YMMV.
Wow! This entire story just sold me! I've been looking for a few months now and I seriously have zeroed in on the e-nano. I just think it's it.

This entire thread though does nothing to alleviate my VAS, unfortunately for my wallet 😅 Such great ideas and so many things to try. What a hobby.

Vaporware

I’m not trying to steer you away from logs or the e-nano in particular, but if you haven’t already looked you should also consider other logs like the Heat Island @Shit Snacks mentioned. Woodscents and Underdog are two others worth checking out.

aeth

I really would love to have add a little water to my setup. Maybe a stem (?) or something like a little bong water piece or something for the Solo 2 and/or these log vapes? Something to just have a little fun with and enjoy cooler vapor. Would just stems work? I kind of want to pull out a small glass piece when my brother in law comes over too...

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Solid! Where should I be looking for glass? In particular that work so well with these log vapes?

That question requires more detail, how much do you want to spend? How big of a piece do you want... For American Glass, GooRooGlass large inline is pretty perfect for pure convection vaping like log vape style... Yeah you definitely want a nice piece like that for log vaping, more useful than with the solo, but also glass j hooks are great, water not necessarily needed! Anyway check out the glass section here, we share a lot of stuff all over the place lol

aeth

That question requires more detail, how much do you want to spend? How big of a piece do you want... For American Glass, GooRooGlass large inline is pretty perfect for pure convection vaping like log vape style... Yeah you definitely want a nice piece like that for log vaping, more useful than with the solo, but also glass j hooks are great, water not necessarily needed! Anyway check out the glass section here, we share a lot of stuff all over the place lol
Will do, I feel like a kid in a candy shop at times reading all of the experiences lol. Thanks man.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Will do, I feel like a kid in a candy shop at times reading all of the experiences lol. Thanks man.

Yeah there's a lot of options, and it's hard to navigate, so I tried to make it simple lol GooRoo has a 15% off coupon code and they are reasonable for US made glass, but I've been buying a lot of China made stuff myself! Hoping to get one of these large inline someday though, perfect like I said...
You can request no logos too btw :tup:

ray_

Solid! Where should I be looking for glass? In particular that work so well with these log vapes?
I've been using mostly the long glass stem with a basket screen (that you can order with the e-nano). On weekends when I want to turn it up to 11 I have a Sneaky Pete mega-globe and the gong from Epic w/basket screen. This is a great, inexpensive combo. I like the wand. It provides more cooling and lets you sit back and take a nice hit while watching the vapor in the globe to see when it disapates. We haven't mentioened concentrates but the closest I've had to a dab from a normal vaporizer was from the e-nano. It gets plenty hot enough to do the concentrates justice. Just use a POTV 1 concentrate pad or a Dynacoil which will sit right in the basket screen. Both work great.

ray_,
Reactions: aeth

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
If you're patient--shipping time can be long--I think DHGate is a great place to start experimenting with glass. Scientific glass is very cheap so you can get a sense of what you enjoy in terms of style, percolation, and size without breaking an arm and a leg. It also lets you see how it is to actually live with a larger glass piece (e.g. cleaning and more importantly are you accident prone such that you only want to buy cheaper replaceable pieces or someone who could lovingly use a bespoke piece of art).

There are all kinds of styles but I think something like https://www.dhgate.com/product/d020...Wk45C7ki1cMmueP18W&resource_id=#mfavit-1-null represents a pretty killer value for a simple but functional piece with an included 18mm to 14mm adapter. I don't know the full story but isn't this a piece that was designed with input from FC members in terms of percolation and draw restriction with vaporization in mind, as well?

Top Bottom