Have Dynavap M/Solo 2, want to round out the line-up but not sure what to get

aeth

Hey there!

I started vaporizing in December. I am still relatively new to cannabis. Before December, I pretty much would only smoke at a friends house who had a bong/standard pipe.

The first vape I purchased was the Dynavap M. I do like it but I do not enjoy the butane torch like I thought I would. So I picked up a Solo 2 and have really just used that every day. It's a great vape. I've gotten the extraction method down. When I do use the Dynavap, the torch just doesn't do it for me. Feels weird, tbh! I just don't enjoy using the torch. I do like the vape itself though.

I fear I have a bit of VAS right now, lol, so I want to have some advice on either picking up another vape or just learn to be happy with what I have with some adjustments.

I vape in the house only and do not travel. If I travel, I use edibles. I use the Solo to walk around the house in the late evenings, so the battery is nice. I also like the Dynavap for what is is, an efficient vape that has full extraction. Super nice!

What I really like to do is micro-dose in my home, doing so relatively discreetly and quickly. I also want to keep my tolerance relatively low but I also would like to have small hits here and there throughout the day. So the appeal of a desktop unit or induction heater is appealing.

Here's what I have in mind:
  1. Keep what I have except swap the butane torch for an IH, perhaps a VapHotbox or Koilboi.
  2. Pick up a desktop vape like the e-nano, and keep everything else the same. I believe the e-nano can be kept on for an hour or so and I can take microdosing hits whenever I like? Is that possible? That's the big draw to this option if it's true.
  3. Sell the Solo 2 and DynavapM for a Mighty? Up for opinions here!
Thank you for reading!

aeth

The log is safe to keep on as long as you want, including being on 24/7
That's awesome. It doesn't waste anything doing that?

Email Alan@toasty-top.com for a heat island, my favorite log vape, and you can get them the cheapest, he is a lot of options and nano is kind of based on his design... Underdog is also great though!

If you want a round the house portable, check out Tinymight and Firewood7 with a jayhook, or maaaybe Tafée Bowle
Hm, I haven't heard of this vape. I have heard of the Tinymight though. Why that over say a Mighty?

aeth,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
That's awesome. It doesn't waste anything doing that?

No, that is a whole perk of log vapes, leaving them on 24/7 so they are always ready for a hit, they do need 5 to 20 minutes to heat up depending on the specific log though and variable voltage power supply controlling it at what setting (enano has that dial on the cord, but it can be shitty, hit or miss?)

Hm, I haven't heard of this vape. I have heard of the Tinymight though. Why that over say a Mighty?

The mighty is overpriced old garbage, giant plastic thing with irreplaceable batteries, can't even stand flat to load it really, super slow heat up, and it is session conduction so it is constantly cooking your herbs regardless if you are inhaling, not efficient, not a fan!

Tinymight is on demand pure convection with steel and glass, much more power (70 watts versus like 30 something in the mighty) it extracts much faster but it has a temperature control dial for a full range to control the extraction and batteries are replaceable...

Firewood7 is on demand conduction with some hybrid convection (yes mighty has some hybrid convection) and it is just like nothing else, kind of like a conduction counterparts to the tinymight in use, but instead of glass stem chambers to draw the hot air through, you are loading a ceramic oven chamber that heats up... Glass stem vapor path too.

Wasn't sure if you were also asking about Heat Island? Check out the threads for these vapes here, start at the most recent page and work your way backwards :tup:

aeth

Wasn't sure if you were also asking about Heat Island? Check out the threads for these vapes here, start at the most recent page and work your way backwards :tup:
Thank you so much for your advice. I'll definitely do some more digging. I was asking about Heat Island, yep.

I'm leaning toward a log vape ... the more I think on it.

Shit Snacks

Thank you so much for your advice. I'll definitely do some more digging. I was asking about Heat Island, yep.

Yeah logs are pretty king for microdosing, especially if you are home-based anyway, and yes the heat island is my favorite... I have the regular small 3/8 size core, one glass hybrid and one standard steel, custom-made exotic wood beauties, I am having another standard steel in the large 7/16 size being made now in fact since my name came up on the list again...

If you email him, he can tell you what he has in stock to sell now without the wait list, some basic wood, or he also has bamboo option which is the cheapest ($50-65 just for the log, but you'll probably want stems to use it with and vvps with AC adapter) actually I think he has a cardboard option now too that is even cheaper! Anyway his work is really nice, and still reasonably priced if you get wood, so many options for stems too!

Last edited:

cx714

Unregulated Tendencies
Don’t overlook the IH option— it totally transforms the experience. Even if you go plug-in, the vapcap is still free in hand, which can be a big plus even around the house.

I don’t use mine much lately but doubt I’ll give it up. It’s fast, efficient, and will knock you on your ass with minimal effort. If you’re microdosing, the flavor stays quite nice as well. What’s not to like?

Last edited:

b0

Cloudy...

Really good decision IMHO, you have 2 really good portables, time for a desktop and HI's are amazing devices

aeth

Absolutely 💯 nothing other than a little electricity to run it. The log is your heater and your load is in a glass stem like the solo but unlike the solo the stem is only placed on the log when you want to take a hit and then removed.
This sounds so awesome. And the little log vapes are attractive to boot!
Yeah logs are pretty king for microdosing, especially if you are home-based anyway, and yes the heat island is my favorite... I have the regular small 3/8 size core, one glass hybrid and one standard steel, custom-made exotic wood beauties, I am having another standard steel in the large 7/16 size now in fact since my name came up on the list again...

If you email him, he can tell you what he has in stock to sell now without the wait list, some basic wood, or he also has bamboo option which is the cheapest ($50-65 just for the log, but you'll probably want stems to use it with and vvps with AC adapter) actually I think he has a cardboard option now too that is even cheaper! Anyway his work is really nice, and still reasonably priced a few get wood, so many options for stems too!
I will for sure check him out. These little log vapes seem so cool.
Don’t overlook the IH option— it totally transforms the experience. Even if you go plug-in, the vapcap is still free in hand, which can be a big plus even around the house.

I don’t use mine much lately but doubt I’ll give it up. It’s fast, efficient, and will knock you on your ass with minimal effort. If you’re microdosing, the flavor stays quite nice as well. What’s not to like?
I still think eventually I'll pick up the IH. I do think the designs are cool, and it can get me in the mood to relax. And yeah, the Vapcap is super simple and easy to fully extact the herb quickly, with fantastic flavor.

Really good decision IMHO, you have 2 really good portables, time for a desktop and HI's are amazing devices
Yeah I am going to, for sure, grab a log vape. I think they are just the coolest and they are classy... attractive little pieces that I think also blend in with my desk area for subtlety.

Though I did check out the Tafée Bowle and I think in several years I may look at something like that. That vape is crazy cool! I love this hobby.

im not a robot

i am on the waitlist for a HI log, & looking forward to it, great value i am sure & i really like what i have seen of them so far. plus the way you can customize your unit is really unique.
i do own a woodscents log, and love it to bits, my favourite vape hands down (dont have so many though). i suppose performance differences between logs are probably negligible (?), but a nice plus of the woodscents is the dynavap compatibility - if down the line you should own an induction heater, and maybe more dynastems, this could become a very happy family. here is an old thread where different logs were discussed https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/differences-between-log-vapes.49898/

Shit Snacks

Oh you can get an Heat Island that will fit Dyna tip too btw, so that can be your herb bowl / vapor path stem, instead of whatever other glass steel or wood stem options, so much variety! And yeah pure convection on demand so you're only cooking extracting the herbs as you inhale hot air through them

Texus

My first reaction was to suggest getting an iSpire Wand or a Hotshot to use as an Induction Heater. Or even more inexpensive if you don't need it on the got is the SJK "Dental Wax Induction Heater" on Amazon.

I don't usually disagree with the wise @Shit Snacks but I will put in a good word for the Mighty. There are some great use cases for it. Doesn't get simpler. And while it takes a little to heat up (60-90 secs), the session style can be really nice. And there is no easier interface. The dosing capsules are also great for quick and easy refills, or a Doob-tube type thing is great for quick loading on the go. What really opened my eyes to the Mighty was this comparison to the TinyMight that Troy at 430 Vape Zone did. He very nicely nails the Mighty's niche.
And here's his vid on why he thinks the Mighty still reigns supreme. I wouldn't go that far personally, but again it gives a solid use case argument for it.

But wow is FW7 a great pocketable option. Feels great in the hand, and the combo of the WPA and a J-hook or a water pipe is great.

The other fabulous option, whose cooling is just stellar (better than any portable I've used due to the heatsinks built into the stem is the Tafee Bowle. Stunner to use around the house, just on vape quality alone. And the UX of the attached drinking cup is just lovely. Hardly a gimmick.

howie105

Yeah logs are pretty king for microdosing, especially if you are home-based anyway, and yes the heat island is my favorite... I have the regular small 3/8 size core, one glass hybrid and one standard steel, custom-made exotic wood beauties, I am having another standard steel in the large 7/16 size being made now in fact since my name came up on the list again...

If you email him, he can tell you what he has in stock to sell now without the wait list, some basic wood, or he also has bamboo option which is the cheapest ($50-65 just for the log, but you'll probably want stems to use it with and vvps with AC adapter) actually I think he has a cardboard option now too that is even cheaper! Anyway his work is really nice, and still reasonably priced if you get wood, so many options for stems too!

Oh, thanks Shit Snacks, now I am thinking about a bamboo vape to match a bong I have. Grumble mumble, chirp, bitch and whine?

Shit Snacks

My first reaction was to suggest getting an iSpire Wand or a Hotshot to use as an Induction Heater. Or even more inexpensive if you don't need it on the got is the SJK "Dental Wax Induction Heater" on Amazon.

I don't usually disagree with the wise @Shit Snacks but I will put in a good word for the Mighty. There are some great use cases for it. Doesn't get simpler. And while it takes a little to heat up (60-90 secs), the session style can be really nice. And there is no easier interface. The dosing capsules are also great for quick and easy refills, or a Doob-tube type thing is great for quick loading on the go. What really opened my eyes to the Mighty was this comparison to the TinyMight that Troy at 430 Vape Zone did. He very nicely nails the Mighty's niche.
And here's his vid on why he thinks the Mighty still reigns supreme. I wouldn't go that far personally, but again it gives a solid use case argument for it.

But wow is FW7 a great pocketable option. Feels great in the hand, and the combo of the WPA and a J-hook or a water pipe is great.

The other fabulous option, whose cooling is just stellar (better than any portable I've used due to the heatsinks built into the stem is the Tafee Bowle. Stunner to use around the house, just on vape quality alone. And the UX of the attached drinking cup is just lovely. Hardly a gimmick.

Fair enough, I just think the solo2 already really covers that usage for them I guess... Thanks for this stuff, I was definitely exaggerating when I said the mighty was garbage lol

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
Adding another vote for a log vape of some kind. I'd love to try the other logs to compare the little subtle distinctions, but I think its probably correct that they are much more similar than they are different. I've got a woodscents that has served me very well since late January/early February or so? Using the dynavap tip as a bowl makes it an absolutely tiny microdose sized load, as you're really only filling ~half of the tip so that the heater doesn't make contact with your flower and scorch it. If you leave it on all day (lots of folks do 24/7) its always ready to go for small hits as you describe.

I'm not a big fan of the mighty either, but its hard to argue with how dead simple it is to use and if you like session vapes you might really enjoy it. I've just found that if I want session style I can just do lots of hits from an on demand convection vaporizer and achieve it, but there is the learning curve of a pure convection vape to overcome (I don't think its bad at all). Still if you don't need more of a portable than your Arizer or DV atm I would just save your pennies and get a nice log, personally.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
I'll put in a plug for the enano. While I'm not using a desktop model right now, my nano was a daily driver for 4-5 years. Left it on 24/7 for most of the those years. Great for microdosing and chasing flavor.

My dynavaps sat in the drawer until I picked up a @Pipes IH. That transformed the dynavap experience for me.

Maybe explore the world of concentrates for a different experience. You can microdose your concentrates too. A quick way to get you where you're going with less huffing and puffing.
Welcome @aeth!

edit: Went back and reread your op. You said "What I really like to do is micro-dose in my home, doing so relatively discreetly and quickly."

I would not call log vapes and most desktops discreet. If you need to keep your vape shit on the down low, then a more portable device might be better.

Last edited:

LesPlenty

Company Rep
It doesn't waste anything doing that?
Just a little power as mentioned.
I'm leaning toward a log vape
I use and recommend Ed's TNT WoodScents as it will also heat your Vapcap.
Troy at 430 Vape Zone did.
Troy combusts so would not know about flavour(unless that has changed lately), the Mighty is pretty well crap for today's vaporists...plastic body and worse, an aluminium bowl and heater, you would be going backwards compared to your glass and S/S Solo2.:2c:
An IH really does transform a Dynavap from crack pipe to something civilized, I have a few different models and would recommend the Ispire Wand as you can also do concentrate dabs with it!

Texus

Fair enough, I just think the solo2 already really covers that usage for them I guess... Thanks for this stuff, I was definitely exaggerating when I said the mighty was garbage lol
Took me a while to "get" the Mighty. And no experience with the Solo2, so can't speak to those similarities/differences. But without a use case well-suited to a Mighty, I'd go with the FW7 or Bowle.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
I would not call log vapes and most desktops discreet. If you need to keep your vape shit on the down low, then a more portable device might be better.
While I agree that enail based desktops and a lot of the larger items (volcano, SSV, DBV) aren't exactly discrete, I think passing a log off as an aromatic oil diffuser would be easy. The unit is very small (like half of a soda can and not as large of a diameter) and just looks like a wooden cylinder. I don't think anyone who isn't familiar with what it is would have any idea what its really for provided the stems and such are put in a drawer--if you leave it out next to a bong no device will be discrete ;).

ray_

As someone who owns a Solo 2, Dynavaps, an e-nano and a mighty, I feel highly qualified to respond to this. Let me tell you how they fit into my life.

The Solo 2, as wonderful as it is, was an early vape for me. I seldom use it anymore. It is a good at slow extractions over some time. You must hit it long and slow to get the best vapor.

The dynavap is in my daily rotation. Get an IH heater and it will change things up a lot for the positive. With a torch I must PAY ATTENTION to what I am doing. I can't do that while doing something else. With an IH heater I can be doing something else and get better, more consistent hits.

I have found my sweet spot with the e-nano and it's in my daily rotation. For me it is for 1 hit extractions of a very tiny load. Every hit is consistent. Full flavored, satisfying hits with no discomfort or coughing. The best hits I have ever had compared to my other vapes are from the e-nano. I imagine any log vape could do this, but the e-nano is the only one I have experience with.

The Mighty is in my weekly rotation. I have 2 uses for it. The first is just sitting back to watch a movie or something mindless and wanting to easily get nice vapor from an easy to use vaporizer. The other use is something I've never heard anyone else mention. I will use it as an on-demand style vaporizer. I came to this after reaizing my first hit off a mighty after turning it on was always my best hit. So I tried just using it that way. My first hit for an evening is turn it on, let it heat up, hit it long and hard for one big draw, then turn it off. Repeat every half hour or so until the bowl is done. It will take maybe 5 hits like this to finish a bowl. I have a low to medium tolerance and this works for me. YMMV.

BabyFacedFinster

Anything worth doing, is worth overdoing.
While I agree that enail based desktops and a lot of the larger items (volcano, SSV, DBV) aren't exactly discrete, I think passing a log off as an aromatic oil diffuser would be easy. The unit is very small (like half of a soda can and not as large of a diameter) and just looks like a wooden cylinder. I don't think anyone who isn't familiar with what it is would have any idea what its really for provided the stems and such are put in a drawer--if you leave it out next to a bong no device will be discrete ;).

I've told this story before. I used to keep my nano out and running all the time in my den. My kids noticed it and asked what it was. I told them it was a special antenna for picking up am radio stations. They immediately lost interest. :tup:

The nano also doubles as a hand warmer in the wintertime.

Top Bottom