Have an Elev8tr now needing a more powerful portable. FW7 or P80 which would be better for me?

Medivapequeen

👋🏻 Hey

I've posted a few times and your advice has been invaluable so thank you. Im just in a quandary at the moment. I need to medicate quickly sometimes and the hybrid just wasn't cutting it nor was the mighty so I got an Elev8tr with upgraded PID and coil and I love it. My desktop VAS is satisfied for now as I use it alot.

However I'm disabled so somedays can't stand to use my Elev8tr and have a small space for my mighty and dosing caps but it just isn't medicating me as well as the elev8tr obviously.

So I've been looking at portables. I don't go out all that often but I'd like the option for hospital although I could keep the mighty and dosing caps for hospital use.

Now I'm torn between the FW7 and the P80 both are hard to get I know so I'm trying to find either second hand but I don't know what will be best for my use. I tend to use my mighty through my sneaky oete mega and mini globes as I prefer water but will happily puff away at 205c on the mighty.

I'm asking you lovely folks here which device do you think would suit me better? I vape ecigs already so have 18650s and external chargers. I did try a tinymight but I didn't like all the cooling units, orings and baskets and I like how the P80 and firewood have more standard WPA options.

What are the pros and cons? It I ever manage to get either I'm on a set budget and really want to find a hard hitting portable ill love as much as the elev8tr without getting the wrong one.

Thank you 💚

Abysmal Vapor

Supersniffer 2000 - robot fart detection device
I've heard both are solid choices,but i have only experience with the TUBO tech and i can say it is one of hardest hitting and it is very precise . Only downside is that it uses a lot of battery life.
Might worth looking also at the Tinymight,which is more widely avaiable and is my favorite electric portable. I prefer the perfomance of the TUBO,but the TM is more convenient and pocketable also makes better use of battery life. Bowl is a bit smaller on the TM,so if you are looking for having large bowls i'd say go with the P80.
The P80 also beats the TM for aesthetic value,but there is glue involved into fusing the wooden puzzle ,while the TM is solid wood,so it feels safer and more durable.

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
I don't have either of those vapes but I do know a little about them. the P80 is a relatively small dose vape unless you are packing the joint which probably would be best to stir, so not a super portable option and the overall size and shape doesn't help. the FW7 is much more portable and I believe has a larger bowl but not the size of the mighty, if you like the hybrid heating of the mighty you will probably like the vapour of the FW cause its hybrid to but with more cojones! both are really great vapes and I don't think you could really go wrong with either but you might want to consider any warranty work that might have to be done, depending if you are in Europe or North America. I'm also pretty sure the FW uses preset temps but can be configured manually to your own specifications so you can have the experience you want but that does make it a little less flexible than the P80.

Medivapequeen

I'm in the UK so the FW is probably a better shipping option. I had a tinymight but I just could not get on with it even with dosing caps etc I couldn't get an even cool and I didn't like the stem and cooling units.

It sounds like the firewood 7 is the better option if its similar to my mighty. I've just been told good things about both so it's hard to chose. Bowl size isn't massively important but I'd like to stay as close to the mighty or bigger if possible.

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
I'm in the UK so the FW is probably a better shipping option. I had a tinymight but I just could not get on with it even with dosing caps etc I couldn't get an even cool and I didn't like the stem and cooling units.

FW7 is not shipping to the UK either way you're looking at reddit so you're at the mercy of being first and them shipping to you... Also I know you're not asking for this, but dosing caps would make the TM even worse imo and I don't use the cooling unit or stock stem, I am using it like I would use the TP80, just WPA and a basket screen with jayhooks or water pieces... But I digress

It sounds like the firewood 7 is the better option if its similar to my mighty. I've just been told good things about both so it's hard to chose. Bowl size isn't massively important but I'd like to stay as close to the mighty or bigger if possible.

Yeah so this is why I would think you're just not that into pure convection on demand, but perhaps you just need to try a different version of it, I would suggest looking into the Tafée Bowle actually because it is extremely quick and simple and effective with decent size capability... I've never used the drinkware with mine either.

Otherwise new xmax v3pro is actually quite impressive, if I recall correctly you were a fan of the fury edge? So this one can do on demand pure convection but also a session mode, pretty versatile and easy to connect to water, very affordable as well!

I mean I would also suggest looking into different water pieces, dry glass pieces, but will digress on that too lol

Yeah the FW7 bowl is not bigger than the mighty, if anything is less but that is a good thing, it is very efficient, you don't want to load it full, you want to do that most 3/4 full but it works really well half full or even less in fact, it is really versatile, but loading unloading isn't necessarily the most convenient, there is no dosing capsule type thing for it, but using with the WPA is pretty awesome because it has a very direct ceramic path that is easy to keep clean and it does rip through water and hooks alike! Although I don't think a matrix globe would be very good for it really? Eh I said I would digress! FW8 could be around the corner... The on demand conduction with hybrid convection that it offers is truly unique!

mixchu69

I never tried the FW7, but the only portable I use is the tubo evic (have about a dozen portables like the mighty, minivap) while my DC elev8er or Showerhead flowerpot are warming up. It milks my bubbler. The p80 has 4 heaters instead of 3 for the tubo evic, so expect it to harder. If you vape mostly at home, I would recommend p80.

but honestly it’s not fair for me to say that since I never tried the FW7.

CANtalk

👋🏻 Hey

I've posted a few times and your advice has been invaluable so thank you. Im just in a quandary at the moment. I need to medicate quickly sometimes and the hybrid just wasn't cutting it nor was the mighty so I got an Elev8tr with upgraded PID and coil and I love it. My desktop VAS is satisfied for now as I use it alot.

However I'm disabled so somedays can't stand to use my Elev8tr and have a small space for my mighty and dosing caps but it just isn't medicating me as well as the elev8tr obviously.

So I've been looking at portables. I don't go out all that often but I'd like the option for hospital although I could keep the mighty and dosing caps for hospital use.

Now I'm torn between the FW7 and the P80 both are hard to get I know so I'm trying to find either second hand but I don't know what will be best for my use. I tend to use my mighty through my sneaky oete mega and mini globes as I prefer water but will happily puff away at 205c on the mighty.

I'm asking you lovely folks here which device do you think would suit me better? I vape ecigs already so have 18650s and external chargers. I did try a tinymight but I didn't like all the cooling units, orings and baskets and I like how the P80 and firewood have more standard WPA options.

What are the pros and cons? It I ever manage to get either I'm on a set budget and really want to find a hard hitting portable ill love as much as the elev8tr without getting the wrong one.

Thank you 💚
Just a thought, have you ever considered conduction? I ask because something like the Davinci IQ2 has a huge bowl (good for big doses/users/medicating) Also a fast heat up time, good oven/airpath, hella ultraportable, a quality build/design... and a removable 18650 battery setup as well. I have a friend who is a big user (smokes two Oz a month) and he was happy with it. Easy to use with a water piece. Conduction vaping compared very favorably to convection in a recent FC preference poll, which was interesting.

Good luck with your search and choice. And merry Christmas eve!

:peace: :leaf:

Last edited:

Medivapequeen

Hey apologies for the late reply I've been unwell I was looking at both the Davinci IQ2 and IQC but reddit absolutely slates them. Ideally I'd love a 18650 mod so this looked perfect and powerful but now I'm not sure. Other options are

Firewood 7

Tetra P80

XMAX V3 Pro - glass mouthpiece and water adapter - been told by owner no

Nebula Fuzion - 18659 bonus

Minivap

Boundless Tera - 18650 bonus

DaVinci IQ2 reddit says nooo - 18560 bonus

DaVinci IQC newer 10 year warranty

Taffee bowle - battery looks small

Atlas or halo - no idea what these are lol

Flowerpot B1 - told another desktop is a better idea

I was told I probably would struggle opening the FW7 when it was heated as I don't have great hand strength. I'm just reading through the thread now so will try and edit for the replies thank you!

I'm looking for the Tetra really but thank you. I still don't have enough privileges to post in the wanted section and thanks for your honesty. I'm pretty torn at the moment with what to get tbh just a step up from the mighty. Dosing caps would be a great option but aren't necessary.

People are telling me the xmax v3 is amazing but I just can't see it for the price 😕

Medivapequeen

I've heard both are solid choices,but i have only experience with the TUBO tech and i can say it is one of hardest hitting and it is very precise . Only downside is that it uses a lot of battery life.
Might worth looking also at the Tinymight,which is more widely avaiable and is my favorite electric portable. I prefer the perfomance of the TUBO,but the TM is more convenient and pocketable also makes better use of battery life. Bowl is a bit smaller on the TM,so if you are looking for having large bowls i'd say go with the P80.
The P80 also beats the TM for aesthetic value,but there is glue involved into fusing the wooden puzzle ,while the TM is solid wood,so it feels safer and more durable.
Hey apologies for the late reply I always post wrong so apologies for that I've tried again!. I've been unwell. I've owned a Tinymight but I just could not get on with it I tried all the guides etc different temps. Baskets etc but only very small loads worked for me and it wasn't enough unfortunately so I sold the TM but heard the P80 was easier for stirring etc as I don't mind but with the TM it was difficult. Especially with my dexterity issues.

I don't have either of those vapes but I do know a little about them. the P80 is a relatively small dose vape unless you are packing the joint which probably would be best to stir, so not a super portable option and the overall size and shape doesn't help. the FW7 is much more portable and I believe has a larger bowl but not the size of the mighty, if you like the hybrid heating of the mighty you will probably like the vapour of the FW cause its hybrid to but with more cojones! both are really great vapes and I don't think you could really go wrong with either but you might want to consider any warranty work that might have to be done, depending if you are in Europe or North America. I'm also pretty sure the FW uses preset temps but can be configured manually to your own specifications so you can have the experience you want but that does make it a little less flexible than the P80.
Hmm I thought you could pack the bowl I really wanted to stay away from vapes I need to pack the stem with I prefer a bowl I can stir. I'm in the UK but was told I may struggle opening the FW7 when it's warm as it expands and I may struggle to load it.
for a really large bowl there is the Minivap
I've been looking at these as it looked like a great in between to move around with a small footprint but I couldn't find many reviews for it. Although it seems to be sold out most places in the UK so I'm assuming that's a good sign hopefully.
FW7 is not shipping to the UK either way you're looking at reddit so you're at the mercy of being first and them shipping to you... Also I know you're not asking for this, but dosing caps would make the TM even worse imo and I don't use the cooling unit or stock stem, I am using it like I would use the TP80, just WPA and a basket screen with jayhooks or water pieces... But I digress

Yeah so this is why I would think you're just not that into pure convection on demand, but perhaps you just need to try a different version of it, I would suggest looking into the Tafée Bowle actually because it is extremely quick and simple and effective with decent size capability... I've never used the drinkware with mine either.

Otherwise new xmax v3pro is actually quite impressive, if I recall correctly you were a fan of the fury edge? So this one can do on demand pure convection but also a session mode, pretty versatile and easy to connect to water, very affordable as well!

I mean I would also suggest looking into different water pieces, dry glass pieces, but will digress on that too lol

Yeah the FW7 bowl is not bigger than the mighty, if anything is less but that is a good thing, it is very efficient, you don't want to load it full, you want to do that most 3/4 full but it works really well half full or even less in fact, it is really versatile, but loading unloading isn't necessarily the most convenient, there is no dosing capsule type thing for it, but using with the WPA is pretty awesome because it has a very direct ceramic path that is easy to keep clean and it does rip through water and hooks alike! Although I don't think a matrix globe would be very good for it really? Eh I said I would digress! FW8 could be around the corner... The on demand conduction with hybrid convection that it offers is truly unique!
Yes I inow that's my main issue with both the FW7 and the P80 I know ill struggle to get one on a drop so I'll be paying a lot. I'm on a budget I'm a medical user on benefits so I have to pick my vapes carefully really. But I tend to use most of my vapes through my megaglobes and the mighty just isn't cutting it anymore.

I've heard rumours about the FW8 but again I've been told not to get one because I'd stuggle to open it etc. Im disabled. Not massively but to the point I can't stand some days to get to the elev8tr. But those two look the most powerful Although I'd be happy with a good 18650 mod I know ill not get elev8tr performance with a hand held but I'd just like mote than the mighty

I was told about the tafee bowle but they said the battery isnt great on it.

the V3 MaX just seems to good to be true for the price. I'm being told its great but then users are messaging me on insta showing theirs and saying no so it's very confusing.
yeah TUBOx for me even when it's limited to 65W is like the ELEV8R (should be limited to 70W with TCR activated, recommended by the manufacturer. ) get TP80 if you can and reduce W to save battery if needed. it's a desktop device by performance.
That sounds pretty awesome actually! I do really want a TP80 its just finding one now.
I never tried the FW7, but the only portable I use is the tubo evic (have about a dozen portables like the mighty, minivap) while my DC elev8er or Showerhead flowerpot are warming up. It milks my bubbler. The p80 has 4 heaters instead of 3 for the tubo evic, so expect it to harder. If you vape mostly at home, I would recommend p80.

but honestly it’s not fair for me to say that since I never tried the FW7.
How is the Minivap I was looking at that one? I'll check out the tubo evic as I haven't heard of that one but if it performs I'm sold!
Just a thought, have you ever considered conduction? I ask because something like the Davinci IQ2 has a huge bowl (good for big doses/users/medicating) Also a fast heat up time, good oven/airpath, hella ultraportable, a quality build/design... and a removable 18650 battery setup as well. I have a friend who is a big user (smokes two Oz a month) and he was happy with it. Easy to use with a water piece. Conduction vaping compared very favorably to convection in a recent FC preference poll, which was interesting.

Good luck with your search and choice. And merry Christmas eve!

I was looking at both the Davinci IQ2 and IQC on YouTube and reading reviews and it looked and sounded perfect especially with the ten year warranty but reddit absolutely slates them. Ideally I'd love a 18650 mod so this looked perfect and powerful but now I'm not sure.
Saw this that might be of interest:

Tubo Evic poplar/red w/ Power Adapter [W] PayPal 350 €

https://www.reddit.com/r/EntExchange/comments/qq47z7
I think that may be a bit expensive for me I was looking at £250 max well maybe more for the P80.
Yes that's me. Interest in Europe doesn't seem to be too much though. Maybe I'll try here in the classifieds also.
It's a bit too expensive for me im looking at around £240 so I hope you get a buyer 💚

Shit Snacks

@Compassionqueen it does seem like you're on a little bit of a research overload with a bunch of different people's input lol

Honestly from everything you've said, I would say grab the X Max V3pro, cheap enough that it's worth trying, it really is simple, the price is surprising but they finally are getting it right, you'll be able to load more or less, versatility with the different mouthpiece attachments, plus on demand or session mode...

Worst case it's not for you and you sell it?

Also there is no way to know how the FW8 is going to be, very likely that it uses a different system for opening / closing battery and chamber, likely that they are separate, but no one knows, so I wouldn't believe anyone that claims they do? I think you are right about the FW7 though maybe it's not worth taking the risk, abroad especially!

Tetra yeah you are loading glass stems, 18 mm female connection, so you would load basket screens at the edge of the stem and a WPA, male to male adapter, for your water piece, or you could load and use the stems they sell, or other alternatives, also you could pack inside the joint of the stems to load more, or deeper in a male to male adapter as well... Oh but if you specifically want to have a more even extraction without the need to stir, the tetra heater is definitely better for that, tubo can be rebuilt with tetra heater, not cheap though...

Yeah the battery on Tafée may not be enough for you, unless you can almost always keep it ready charging?? May be doable...

No clue what a nebula fuzion is so I would guess a rebrand of some kind??

However if using 18650s is something that appeals to you, and you don't mind getting a separate e-cig mod, the new HerbieV2 is on sale and just launched yesterday, I think they are out of the bundle with the mod, but they may have it again, and it's not too hard to get another mod somewhere else... Seems like it should be easy to set up temp control out of the box with anything, and you load the vape itself, not a separate stem, but it also has built-in water connection, also built-in cooling option with glass stem too...

Atlas and Halo are new plug-in models made by cloud connoisseur, aka member idrinkbleach here... Similar to logs but a bit more heavy hitting with larger bowls (Atlas uses glass beads or rubies and Halo has a halogen bulb within rubies and steel mesh, both within glass then within wood) they use VVPS as opposed to enail PID like flowerpot and qaroma (another new desktop)

Oh and DaVinci IQ2 is more than solid, I like all the bells and whistles compared to the C (although I have not tried it) it's nice that they offer both for the different price ranges... They are pure conduction session style though, can be pretty efficient with the zirconia spacers too, but yeah I don't know if that's exactly what you are looking for really??

What about healthy rips Rogue too? I feel like you already had that maybe??

CANtalk

...I was looking at both the Davinci IQ2 and IQC on YouTube and reading reviews and it looked and sounded perfect especially with the ten year warranty but reddit absolutely slates them. Ideally I'd love a 18650 mod so this looked perfect and powerful but now I'm not sure...
Conduction vapes aren't for everyone with their need for long slow draws... and the OG IQ pissed off some people, but I wouldn't put much stock in the reddit vape hate mob (though they're loud & vociferous). A lot of vape recommendation threads, especially on reddit, are an outta control shill-fest of certain vapes, cheap Chinese brands and/or new products.

As for the IQ2, check out the owner thread here and ask members what they think and how it's going. I too spent a lot of time on YouTube looking at the IQ2 a year back or so and saw some very good videos.

There's no perfect vape for everyone, each vape has its own unique advantages/disadvantages and as such there are a number of different vapes that appeal to different people. Find the good ones in different styles and types, think about what you really want in a vape, check out features/advantages/disadvantages and try to pick wisely for yourself. Good luck with the search and hope you find a vape you enjoy long term!

Cheers and happy holidays

Medivapequeen

@Compassionqueen it does seem like you're on a little bit of a research overload with a bunch of different people's input lol

Yeah I definitely am on overload 😆

Honestly from everything you've said, I would say grab the X Max V3pro, cheap enough that it's worth trying, it really is simple, the price is surprising but they finally are getting it right, you'll be able to load more or less, versatility with the different mouthpiece attachments, plus on demand or session mode...

Worst case it's not for you and you sell it?

I've gone on recvapes in the UK and could get the xmax, glass wpa, mouthpiece and silicone wpa and screens for around £143 but if it didn't work I would have to wait to sell it before trying something else. I'm really temped if it works for the price but ive got people on Instagram saying no its just on their shelves so very conflicting!
Also there is no way to know how the FW8 is going to be, very likely that it uses a different system for opening / closing battery and chamber, likely that they are separate, but no one knows, so I wouldn't believe anyone that claims they do? I think you are right about the FW7 though maybe it's not worth taking the risk, abroad especially!

Yeah I think for now the FW7 is shelved.

Tetra yeah you are loading glass stems, 18 mm female connection, so you would load basket screens at the edge of the stem and a WPA, male to male adapter, for your water piece, or you could load and use the stems they sell, or other alternatives, also you could pack inside the joint of the stems to load more, or deeper in a male to male adapter as well... Oh but if you specifically want to have a more even extraction without the need to stir, the tetra heater is definitely better for that, tubo can be rebuilt with tetra heater, not cheap though...

Ok so no tetra then as that's like the stempod I have and i didn't like it that or packing joints etc I'd prefer just a bowl if at all possible. Yeah ive just seen the price for a second hand one 😳
Yeah the battery on Tafée may not be enough for you, unless you can almost always keep it ready charging?? May be doable...

I could leave it on charge im literally just moving rooms in the house so one day I'll be on the couch and have This much space so I need something quite small. I was just put off after seeing the vapefiend review as the vapor looked dissapointing. I don't quite understand the point of the cup either..
No clue what a nebula fuzion is so I would guess a rebrand of some kind??

Yeah it looks like it Their page is here it looks interesting but probably is similar to the rogue but with replaceable 18650s. A friend said they had been waiting for it although my Rogue is good for stealth it's not that powerful and I rarely use it.
However if using 18650s is something that appeals to you, and you don't mind getting a separate e-cig mod, the new HerbieV2 is on sale and just launched yesterday, I think they are out of the bundle with the mod, but they may have it again, and it's not too hard to get another mod somewhere else... Seems like it should be easy to set up temp control out of the box with anything, and you load the vape itself, not a separate stem, but it also has built-in water connection, also built-in cooling option with glass stem too...

Its just what I've been told but a local shop was trying a herbie out as I really wanted one but they don't reccomend it and say it has a few kinks to be worked out and to wait for the next version. Pinch of salt but they've never led me wrong before and I'm a customer so I can't see why they wouldn't want me to buy one which is a shame as it did look great.

Atlas and Halo are new plug-in models made by cloud connoisseur, aka member idrinkbleach here... Similar to logs but a bit more heavy hitting with larger bowls (Atlas uses glass beads or rubies and Halo has a halogen bulb within rubies and steel mesh, both within glass then within wood) they use VVPS as opposed to enail PID like flowerpot and qaroma (another new desktop)

Ah I think when I get my next desktop I've decided on the taroma just for its stability and reviews. I love just the heater stand compared to the elev8tr but unfortunately can't afford both.
Oh and DaVinci IQ2 is more than solid, I like all the bells and whistles compared to the C (although I have not tried it) it's nice that they offer both for the different price ranges... They are pure conduction session style though, can be pretty efficient with the zirconia spacers too, but yeah I don't know if that's exactly what you are looking for really??

I'm just basically looking for something I can medicate relatively quickly and load it easily. The Davinci looked great for that with the tapered loading piece and the vapor looked good but how does it compare to a mighty? If it gets me medicated quickly and I can easily use it in the bathroom etc I'd be happy lol sorry tmi
What about healthy rips Rogue too? I feel like you already had that maybe??

Yes I've got one but waiting on a new one arriving due to the error code and I've not missed it to be completed honest so I may sell it to go to the taroma fund lol

Thanks for the detailed reply it's much appreciated

Medivapequeen,

acstorfer

Take My Money Dammit!
If you want to go out and about, even to hospital then don't get a P-80. It's a lot of glass. It’s as big as your Mighty in your pocket. Did I mention it has a lot of glass?

The fw7 is a perfect vape to throw in your pocket and it packs quite a punch.

Medivapequeen

Conduction vapes aren't for everyone with their need for long slow draws... and the OG IQ pissed off some people, but I wouldn't put much stock in the reddit vape hate mob (though they're loud & vociferous). A lot of vape recommendation threads, especially on reddit, are an outta control shill-fest of certain vapes, cheap Chinese brands and/or new products.

As for the IQ2, check out the owner thread here and ask members what they think and how it's going. I too spent a lot of time on YouTube looking at the IQ2 a year back or so and saw some very good videos.

There's no perfect vape for everyone, each vape has its own unique advantages/disadvantages and as such there are a number of different vapes that appeal to different people. Find the good ones in different styles and types, think about what you really want in a vape, check out features/advantages/disadvantages and try to pick wisely for yourself. Good luck with the search and hope you find a vape you enjoy long term!

Cheers and happy holidays

So is My mighty a mixture of convection and conduction? I really do like the look and ease of use of the IQC that one really intrigued me as its the later model with usb c but is the IQ2 better? I will ask in those threads thank you.

I know reddit can be a nightmare so I do take ot with a pinch of salt and the 10 year warranty did impress me. I'll ask and see what the consensus is. I'm sure I also saw dosing caps for them too my only worry is. Is it going to be like the rogue?

Happy Christmas/Holidays to you too!

Medivapequeen,
Reactions: CANtalk

Medivapequeen

If you want to go out and about, even to hospital then don't get a P-80. It's a lot of glass. It’s as big as your Mighty in your pocket. Did I mention it has a lot of glass?

The fw7 is a perfect vape to throw in your pocket and it packs quite a punch.
Yeah that doesn't sound good then. I'm just being told I'll struggle opening the FW7 with the wood expanding but I'm just not sure anymore with all the suggestions.. getting a bit overwhelmed but im needing something sooner rather than later as I'm using vape pens instead and it's taking my tolerance up.

Medivapequeen,

CANtalk

So is My mighty a mixture of convection and conduction? I really do like the look and ease of use of the IQC that one really intrigued me as its the later model with usb c but is the IQ2 better? I will ask in those threads thank you.

I know reddit can be a nightmare so I do take ot with a pinch of salt and the 10 year warranty did impress me. I'll ask and see what the consensus is. I'm sure I also saw dosing caps for them too my only worry is. Is it going to be like the rogue?

Happy Christmas/Holidays to you too!
Yes, the Mighty is a hybrid vape (a mixture of both convection & conduction). The IQ2 is the more feature-rich vape (over the IQC). I really like the airflow adjustment too. But if you don't care much about the missing features in the IQC, it's very good and has many fans (it still vapes well). USB-C is nice but imo its absence not the end of the world... most of the time it won't be used and the batteries are best charged using a dedicated 18650 wall charger. Works great that way and one can keep, charge and rotate a number of batteries with no cords needed.

I've used the Mighty & Crafty quite a bit and enjoy them. What they do, they do really well.

There are lots of reads discussing and comparing the IQ2 to the IQC. Google, read and see what you think. E.g.
https://vaping360.com/reviews/davinci-iqc-iq2-review/

Cheers

Shit Snacks

I've gone on recvapes in the UK and could get the xmax, glass wpa, mouthpiece and silicone wpa and screens for around £143 but ive got people on Instagram saying no its just on their shelves so very conflicting!

I would not bother with the silicone WPA, but there is also a bubbler mouthpiece, though I'm not sure if they have it yet there... I bought mine from there though before the accessories came out, I only just got the accessories directly from Topgreen now... And so who are these people on Instagram saying no then? Did they actually spend enough time with it, what is their experience, etc... If you look in the thread here, there are a few people that didn't get on with it, but most people have a very positive impression!

Ok so no tetra then as that's like the stempod I have and i didn't like it that or packing joints etc I'd prefer just a bowl if at all possible. Yeah ive just seen the price for a second hand one 😳

I will say it's not like the stempod in many other ways, but yes there are chamber is glass (or wood) stems, many pros and cons to stem-based vapes, for me and my usage the pros tend to outweigh the cons... However yes the price lol

so one day I'll be on the couch and have This much space so I need something quite small. I was just put off after seeing the vapefiend review as the vapor looked dissapointing. I don't quite understand the point of the cup either..

Oh it actually is good from taking up minimal space, because if you don't use the cup, it has a flat surface where you can rest a grinder or herbs jar, or container of spare preloaded chamber pots ready to vape in it... The cup can also hold those items dry, however holding cold liquid it actually helps cool the vapor, I have not tried my cup yet though lol I don't know about that review, I take all refuse with the grain of salt, and don't even follow them anymore myself, but trust me the TB can rip vapor clouds for sure! Pure convection on demand though without any water connection yet at least ...

looks interesting but probably is similar to the rogue but with replaceable 18650s. A friend said they had been waiting for it although my Rogue is good for stealth it's not that powerful and I rarely use it.

Oh, no, that looks like the vivant ambit actually, pretty identical, although I guess with a replaceable battery? I don't know yeah could be in the same league I suppose but smaller...? Xmax also has the fog pro now for a similar looking style session convection btw

Its just what I've been told but a local shop was trying a herbie out as I really wanted one but they don't reccomend it and say it has a few kinks to be worked out and to wait for the next version.

Oh! Hahaha but this is that next version, it literally just came out for sale now, so pretty sure whoever you spoke to at a local shop was talking about the original, and yes it had problems, but thanks to a member here who tested the original with a lot of different coils and such, the V2 seems like a real winner... So yeah you wouldn't need to load stems with this one! On demand pure convection...

Ah I think when I get my next desktop I've decided on the taroma just for its stability and reviews. I love just the heater stand compared to the elev8tr but unfortunately can't afford both.

Yeah there's a lot of cross compatibility, Taroma is the most expensive one I think but a stable beast, still pretty new though all around, there are a lot of options for desktop heavies and you do already have one!

I'm just basically looking for something I can medicate relatively quickly and load it easily. The Davinci looked great for that with the tapered loading piece and the vapor looked good but how does it compare to a mighty? If it gets me medicated quickly and I can easily use it in the bathroom etc I'd be happy lol sorry tmi

Haha not at all, yeah I don't know, I think it heats up a little faster than the mighty, but it is more pure conduction, cooking the vapor for you in the ceramic, but it has fancy temperature control settings that can automatically raise as you go, airflow dial... yeah it is fine to load with a little scoop and tamp tool, and you will want a little poke tool to empty though it does have that, a full bowl is a lot of herb though, that's why those are zirconia spacers are really great, however they make the unloading quite a bit trickier...

Yeah the mighty is more of a hybrid, it is slow to heat up session style, constantly cooking conduction, but you are pulling air through a larger heater then through the herb as well, it has a decent amount of wattage (aka power) though not as much as on demand pure convection vapes... So DaVinci says the IQ2 is still the top of the line model, but yes the IQC is newer and has that USB-C among other things, but it doesn't have the smart path temperature settings or the airflow dial or some of the same materials? Otherwise it really should work the same, and yes they do look and feel quite slick and fancy... As long as you are preloaded with a bowl you are good to go, it is just the loading unloading as always may not be ideal but definitely better than a mighty I think in my experience??

Yeah there are certain vapes that get pimped pretty hard, that's not to say they're not good, popular for a reason, but other great vapes get shat on for stupid reasons, when you're absorbing everything it is a lot of grain of salt but it's also like easy to get hung up on certain things and a lot of unconscious bias... Obviously I think best place is going to be here! Yeah 10-year warranty, for the most part good service, but of course there are a few people who have had bad service... The dosing capsules are not at all like the rogue, there are ceramic ones and I think metal ones now, I haven't tried them, I don't really like capsules in general, if you see in the thread some people like to use them, I think most people don't though?? For the IQ, for the healthy rips vapes I would say the capsules are decent lol Oh by the way fury edge capsules fit inside the Xmax V3pro and work apparently... However another way the IQ2 will not be like these vapes, again it is pure conduction, these other vapes have convection going on, so that's a big difference with the DaVinci stuff.

Yes I've got one but waiting on a new one arriving due to the error code and I've not missed it to be completed honest so I may sell it to go to the taroma fund lol

Haha yeah honestly I don't enjoy using them that much myself either, my roommate uses my fierce though and enjoys it through glass, however I think the xmax v3pro it's just so much better, I like having more control over the convection so it is more pure convection, the on demand capabilities, flavor and vapor quality in my experience too... Despite the lower price! If you go for that budget option, yes even more money for the taroma fund lol

Thanks for the detailed reply it's much appreciated

My pleasure, happy holidays to you too, yeah I know it can be very daunting, there's so much out there, but I don't really think like videos and reviews, looking for vapor density and shit like that is helpful at all because there's so many variables, how each person uses a device and what they are using it with exactly (not just the herbs but how they are ground and everything else, literally so many variables, especially with convection vapes that are on demand especially especially) and yeah people like to be loud when they have negative experience and also when they have really great experience, everything goes both ways, I again say the best way is to use FC as you are here, but also look in the most recent pages of the product threads and skim your way backwards, you will get a sense of how the vape is working for people and hopefully how it could work for you!

I'm just not sure anymore with all the suggestions.. getting a bit overwhelmed but im needing something sooner rather than later as I'm using vape pens instead and it's taking my tolerance up.

Yeah you don't want to mess with the used market for that reason either, you need something sooner rather than later, pens are the easiest of course, but yeah okay I really think this is why you should order the xmax v3pro and give it a shot because it really can work like a pen but with herbs... Very quick to medicate! If you don't already have them the fury edge capsules could be a better more useful accessory for you there as well than using capsules in DaVinci I think too... But worst case scenario you have to sell it and then get IQ2 or IQC maybe wait longer for Taroma then?? Good luck!

Bad Dog

Yeah I pissed on the rug...... so what
@Compassionqueen about the Minivap this is what I can remember reading about it. it can be pure convection or hybrid depending on the core. you can load the baskets with the Flexi cone/felxi cone+ attached to the lid and it dangles in the oven, the baskets come in different sizes or you can load the core which I'm a little fuzzy on the amount ??? its either 1/2 a g or a full g. the Minivap is not as popular as it use to be since its a little old but that just means it is proven tech, so many retailers don't carry it anymore but you can buy direct from Minivap.

I'll tag @MinnBobber who is a Minivap user and can possibly clear up any of the info I gave you, if they see my tag lol

edit: have you added glass or ruby balls to your elev8r yet????

MinnBobber

I love my miniVAPs for full flavor and efficiency and awesome battery life BUT you said you need quick sessions …. weak on that count.

Taffee Bowle is super quick and easy to load/use and it’s genius stem gives you super cool vapor without running thru water. But tiny battery so plug in after every session!

The pair of them covers most bases—-
MiniVAP when you have time and Bowle for super quick hits.

Top Bottom