Hash on a pin

chris 71

Ok so I have been a cannabis user for like 38 years smoked hash and oil when younger . bottle tokes , hot knives , joints with tobacco and weed you name it .
There was a time when weed was not seen as much as hash and oil .

Anyway I switched to vaping in 2011 for the health benefits of vaping .

I went some years without smoking at all just vaping many different vapes . I love vaping ....

But I still have nostalgia for the old days and smoking a joint which I occasionally do not often at all actully but I have smoked a few times since I went full vapor.

Anyway I'm rambling now lol

Why I'm posting now is I'm in canada 🇨🇦 and with the legal market we are starting to get lots of hash avaliable and I have been buying a few grams here and there smoking mostly through a pipe with on a screen . The thing is the pipe gets pretty gross and gummed up .with this method so I have been just sticking a little peace of hash on the end of a pin .
Lighting it and blowing it out and then just inhaling the smoke through a small steam roller pipe . I love it its soo smooth great effects seems easy on the lungs too , and unbelievably clean the pipe looks cleaner then some vape stems .

Soo I'm wondering as I'm enjoying this very much just what is going on when I smoke like this ?

There is no particulate matter to inhale it just smokes a stream from the little hash coal until all the resin has been incinerated.

Is this a type of high temp vaporization ?
Any thoughts after reading my long winded post lol

gangababa

I am remembering my first cannabis. My at that time very paranoid brother was returning home after the college school year. He stopped at my home and offered to share the small amount of hash he had hidden in the turn-signal light housing of a VW front fender. In 1969 there was reason for paranoia. He even had paranoia that I would be incensed.

Anyway, he had the hash smoldering under an overturned drinking glass and we used paper straws to suck the 'special-smoke'.
It was marvelous! Did I mention it was my first cannabis 'high'? I especially remember another later hashed event.
Now, a half century later, I honor my younger brother's karmic role in returning me to cannabis for this particular, peculiar lifetime.

A Canadian friend is arriving for a recurring annual stay of several months. I ought to have asked for some hash, damn!

JOHN GALT

Reminds me of my first experience with hash, in 1976.

A friend from Europe had fractured his collarbone and smuggled, under his upper body cast, what was then a large amount of 2 different types of hash, maybe an ounce of each. One was very dark, almost black, that he said was Moroccan and the other a light brown color, that was much smoother, that I believe he called "Double X, XX."

We smoked both using a glass and small, thin plastic "cocktail" straws we slipped under the glass to inhale the burning hash.

Last edited:

Farid

I remember when I was a kid I used to roll a rolling paper around a pencil, and twist off one end. Then I'd pull it off the pencil, and scoop it full of kief and twist the other end so it looked like a candy. Then I'd rub water on the outside of the paper and run a lighter over it, and press it with a textbook. Good memories.

Farid,
Reactions: chris 71

710yota

Have you heard about the boom on Mizar 5?
Reminds me alot of this hash dome I've been coveting from one of our local hash makers.

chris 71

Reminds me alot of this hash dome I've been coveting from one of our local hash makers.

That is awesome very nice , and great nastaligic memories thanks for sharing everyone . So what do you guys think is this combustion or some type of vaporization or something in-between ?
I mean if you were to put that glass cover over a flame it would go out because there isn't fuel for the flame . Does this mean it's not combustion then ?

Last edited:

David Root

"Hash under a glass" a pin through a piece of cardboard under a smallish drinking glass. Light the hash and blow it out. We just tipped it up and sucked the smoke out of the glass.

David

David Root,

Petetbay

Soo I'm wondering as I'm enjoying this very much just what is going on when I smoke like this ?
I looked this a while back(we’re talking herb here), don’t remember the numbers, but vaporization(gasification) of the thc components is very small as it only occurs only for an instant before the heat reaches combustion that produces ash filled smoke. This where they say smoking joints is really inefficient with maybe 20%(really don’t remember the number) of thc components is consumed. The whole bong thing was to consume more quicker while lowering the harshness and heat of these bigger tokes.

50 years this fall since I smoked hash off a cigarette and got stoned for the 1st time. Hash has always been my fav and feel I’ve developed a way of toking small chunks off a Herb Iron(ceramic tipped soldering iron type device used heat and ignite cannabis) thru a glass straw, thru a ash catcher with glycerine coil mp. I describe it as hot knives in slow motion. I’ve also been on a quest to vape hash and tried every which way very successfully, but not achieved a best way yet.

LIs this a type of high temp vaporization ?
Only slightly. Back in the day(70’s) we had a early crude form of vaporization when we used to heat hash oil on tin foil and catch it with a toker. There was probably lots of combustion as well because too much heat is applied.
There is no particulate matter to inhale it just smokes a stream from the little hash coal until all the resin has been incinerated.
Incorrect. The incineration(combustion) creates gases and particulate(ash) in the smoke that your lungs inhale as well making a mess of your bowl, bong, screen and probably your lungs, teeth and throat. It’s not all bad people of been combusting thc products for a thousand years at least and the human body copes with it. We do lots of nasty things to our bodies using a what’s the risk vs what’s the reward mentality.

Petetbay,

Robert-in-YEG

Hash, you hot knife it, crumble it into flower, heat it on a pin, burn it on the end of a cigarette, or similar; it is still combustion. That is what I remember from when I was a kid. Back then, I ate lots of hash to. I didn't decarboxylate or anything else; just put it in a cookie. Eat half; smoke half. That was the ticket back then.

Fudge.jpg

Hash is something I haven't had for sometime.

Robert-in-YEG

"And how is education supposed to make me feel smarter? Besides, every time I learn something new, it pushes some old stuff out of my brain. Remember when I took that home winemaking course, and I forgot how to drive?"
- Homer Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,

chris 71

Im thinging The gunk from smoking in a pipe with a screen is more to do with the carbon from the flame and the reclaim resin on the glass which would be reburnt because it is traped on the glass when the flame hits it .

This is why I'm really liking putting it on a pin and lighting and then blowing it out and using the steam roller to inhale the smoke through . The pipe looks cleaner then many vape stems I have seen . Even the color of the resin with this method looks just like reclaim from a solo stem .minus the partials so looks cleaner actully.
Although it doesn't smell as good for sure lol

I think it mostly is still combustion this method but I disagree that there are partials . Maybe very tiny but no way like the partial filled soot from say a bowl of flower .

Either way I think it must be a healthier way of smoking and it sure is nice 👍

chris 71,

Robert-in-YEG

Im thinging The gunk from smoking in a pipe with a screen is more to do with the carbon from the flame and the reclaim resin on the glass which would be reburnt because it is traped on the glass when the flame hits it .

This is why I'm really liking putting it on a pin and lighting and then blowing it out and using the steam roller to inhale the smoke through . The pipe looks cleaner then many vape stems I have seen . Even the color of the resin with this method looks just like reclaim from a solo stem .minus the partials so looks cleaner actully.
Although it doesn't smell as good for sure lol

I think it mostly is still combustion this method but I disagree that there are partials . Maybe very tiny but no way like the partial filled soot from say a bowl of flower .

Either way I think it must be a healthier way of smoking and it sure is nice 👍
Have you tried crumbling it, adding it to flower, and then vaping around 395F?

I've done that. It makes a mess, but it delivers the effects.

Robert-in-YEG

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson."
~ Bart Simpson

Robert-in-YEG,

chris 71

Have you tried crumbling it, adding it to flower, and then vaping around 395F?

I've done that. It makes a mess, but it delivers the effects.

Robert-in-YEG

"There's no such thing as a soul. It's just something they made up to scare kids, like the boogeyman or Michael Jackson."
~ Bart Simpson
Yes I tried it in a mighty a solo and a dyna vap , enjoy them all tried in mixed with flower and straight .

I dont know why there's just something about hash smoke I love it lol

Top Bottom