Has Chick-Fil-A Essentially BuFu'd Themselves?

AGBeer

Lost in Thought
As we all may or may not know, Chick-Fil-A has come out recently for not being in support for gay marriage. Of course this has 'angered' a good number of folk, as well as brought out support for their decision as well.

According to a release from Bolivian president Evo Morales (back in 2010) "Chicken Causes Baldness and Homosexuality" - http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/laplaza/2010/04/bolivia-president.html

If you don't want to end up bald or gay, don't eat chicken, says Bolivian President Evo Morales. Speaking at an environmental conference this week in Cochabamba, Bolivia, (officially titled theWorld People's Conference on Climate Change and the Rights of Mother Earth) Morales told attendees in an inaugural address that chicken producers inject female hormones into the fowl, "and because of that, men who consume them have problems being men."

Holy sheepshit Batman! This has a ring of plauseability to it... Is Chick-Fil-A in essence tying its own noose selling hormone filled chicken to the general public? I mean, my tits get bigger when I eat fast food alot, but I always thought it was because I am lazy. I never made the correlation that it might be Chick-Fil-A's fault...

And about those cows up on the billboards. If they are 'both' cows, one would assume that its two of the FEMALE (aka Cow - No Bull) species. And don't try to tell me its mother and daughter crap...

Im hungry now. I think Ill go get some chick-fil-a. Just not a happy meal.

caseball2051

the CEO said that, it is not a company policy.

and it should have no bearing on anything. I dont knwo why this is an issue with people.

caseball2051,

djonkoman

I never heard of chic-fil-a before this story(but that's just location, a few days ago I sae a list somewhere with american fastfoodchains and among those there was only one we have here too, macdonalds)
but just avoiding chicken would probably not help much, I think fish and a lot of pther fopod could be just as worse(because of hormones from the pill ending up in the sea/ocean by way of the toilet male fish become sterile, so I imagine those fish culd transfer those hormones back to us too)
I even heard a story once thart apparently the plastic usede in sodabottles also releases a chemical with an estrogenic effect

but about the 2 cos, cpuld still be a cow ans a bull. you can use cow for both genders(just like goat), no word for just the female animal as far as I know. sheep do have a female word, at least in dutch, don't know about english.

djonkoman,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
I have known about Chick-Fil-a being a bunch of bible thumping bigots since like 1999. They have always been a company run by a bunch of religious extremest. I find it interesting that it has become an issue now. Interestingly it seems like mostly straight poeple are pissed off about it now. Most gay people have known for YEARS that Chick-Fil-A hates gay people. They were sued back in the day for discriminatory hiring policy. Not sure where that ever went.

The thing I find interesting about this current uproar on Chick-Fil-A is that it is being spearheaded by mostly straight people. All of my friends back in Texas are actively protesting the store... which is semi surprising to me. It show you how most poeple my age opinions about homosexuality don't match up with the older generations.

He goes on to quote Leviticus at times when he talks about why he does not support gay people. Well Leviticus also says selfish are an abomination... I wonder if they are actively campaigning against Long John Silvers?

There are no Chick-Fil-A up here in the PNW... I imagine they would be driven out of town if they were to open up.

I think the whole thing is funny. I like watching the company squirm. They deserve it...

Stu

Maconheiro
Staff member
chickfila-graphic.jpg

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs

darkrom

Great Scott!
The one thing I think we SHOULD all be able to agree on here is why the hell are we listening to any marriage issues from a fast food chain? Who cares what they have to say on any non-food related issues?

tranceporter

The Cloud Conductor
A company ran by an ignorant religious nut. I never liked their food anyway. Fuck em.

tranceporter,

BigBurlyBill

Burly Member
Aren't they, Chick-fil-A, supporting these organizations through their own profits? It's not like they're taking donations for this sort of thing. I am not against gay marriage, but I feel that it's just weird to see people bashing these guys for supporting anti-gay marriage organizations. There are plenty of companies that already support this side, so why is it hard to see another company support the opposite side?

It's easy to call them religious nuts, or say that they're close-minded etc., but that's more of an attack on them. The better solution is to put forth an argument showing them that they're wrong. If people let their emotions run rampant, then we'll all be too intoxicated with our own passions and feelings to do anything besides rant at things. ;)

BigBurlyBill,
Reactions: VWFringe

Tea Party

Boro Connoisseur
While I may not share the same views as the president of Chick Fil A, I support the hell out of him for standing up to the politically correct crowd. Just because someone does not share the sames views as you does not make them a bigot.

It's funny liberals are all about acceptance until it comes to an opinion they don't agree with.

I have no problem with gay people wanting to get married, it's not something that gets me riled up. That is until people start trying to push their views on me in public.

Tea Party,

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
While I may not share the same views as the president of Chick Fil A, I support the hell out of him for standing up to the politically correct crowd. Just because someone does not share the sames views as you does not make them a bigot.

It's funny liberals are all about acceptance until it comes to an opinion they don't agree with.

I have no problem with gay people wanting to get married, it's not something that gets me riled up. That is until people start trying to push their views on me in public.

It's funny that you say that. I am a Liberal Christian(who loves and fears God very much), and I have no problem with anyone's sexual preference. Reason being, it is not my place to judge ANYONE. It says so in the Bible. Yet, some people feel the need to do it anyway. God is not on their side concerning this issue. God says, "judge not lest ye be judged." I have several gay friends, and they are some of my BEST friends. People that I care about very much, and would defend them to the death.

Vicki,

X24

Straight man here. Not eating at any of these establishments. I do think they BuFu'd themselves, but only because they have angered a sizeable (and growing) group of people. Not due to hormones =P

X24,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
This may not be a popular opinion, with the politically correct majority and all, but I think the greater crime is committed by the group(s) trying to manipulate chick-fil-a in this situation. I personally don't like it when the media and public opinion is used to manipulate individuals or organizations. Different strokes for different folks. Hatred and intolerance will always be present and can't be forced out of society. I prefer to tolerate the intolerance, rather than fight it with more intolerance.

max

Out to lunch
Sounds like the company has a good plan. I think we should join 'em. Maybe they'll 'like us' on Facebook.

From now on all members must submit a video of themselves in heterosexual 'action', in order to maintain a valid membership, and posting on Sundays will be prohibited. ;)

zymos

Responding to a post above- hormones are not used in chicken in the USA and most if not all of the rest of the world.
Antibiotics, yes. Hormones, no.

I wouldn't eat at chic fil a if they decorated the place with rainbow colored pot leaves, and fully support all the bad press and boycotts people can muster.
But I do support their right to exist- donating to hate groups is different than refusing to serve gay people, and we have the power to support the company or not of we disagree with their actions.

zymos,
Reactions: Vicki

MedicatedVet1911

Lord of The Seven Kingdoms.
I agree with what Tea Party said on the issue : I dont agree with their view but I will defend their right to say it. But what I think is wrong is the fact that they are using company funds to buy adverts opposing gay rights. I'm sure there are people who work for them who are gay and now feel like their workplace has become hostile. Its one thing for a CEO to have an opinion but once a whole label starts wadding into social views , I think we start to get into some really scary territory.

MedicatedVet1911,
Reactions: Vicki

caseball2051

the more i think about this the more it bothers me.

If I lived in the areas directly effected id be pissed. A politician doing this is irresponsible and shouldnt be tolerated. In a down economy a governors personal views are going to take away from the economy? Id be up in arms over this.

caseball2051,

zymos

Considering that they have enjoyed record sales in the past day or two due to all the bigots that feel they need to show support, I wouldn't worry too much about their economic health...

zymos,

caseball2051

Considering that they have enjoyed record sales in the past day or two due to all the bigots that feel they need to show support, I wouldn't worry to much about their economic health...

was talking about the city's economy and the ecnoomy of the people that live there. having a large corporation invest in teh city, pay taxes, hire people is generally considered a good thing.

caseball2051,

Slightly Medicated

(SliM) Iron Lungs
Allot of younger poeple in my home town went because they want to show support for free speech. I know allot of them are not racists. I asked them all if they knew about the KKK flag burning next week, and if they would be showing up there in order to support "free speech", none of them could answer... I am all for free speech, but I don't like freedom of bigotry disguised as freedom of speech.

zymos

was talking about the city's economy and the ecnoomy of the people that live there. having a large corporation invest in teh city, pay taxes, hire people is generally considered a good thing.

How is that any different than what I said? People buy their crappy food, company hires people and pays taxes.
None of the bad press has done any harm to the company ( and by extension, to any local economy where they are operating), and seems like it has increased sales, at least short term.
So basically they are being rewarded for their close-minded views, not punished.

zymos,
Top Bottom