Has anyone ordered any glass from Sky Glass?

damm

Long story short, I ordered a glass piece from them over a month ago. The email receipt I got stated it would take 2-3 weeks.

I started trying to contact them and have not gotten any answer/response through the methods listed on their website.

Anyone else with experience with them? or should I start the chargeback at this point? I was holding out hope that they were just busy, but the silence is killing me.

damm

...maybe its made to order??.
Indeed it is made to order. They also set the expectation of 2-3 weeks.

It's been over 5 weeks now without a word. I've tried several avenues to say, hey, what's up here?

I tried being patient, and I am still polite when I try to contact them. Being a dick to them won't get me anywhere.

Lastly, I sent them 2 DM's on Instagram, and it wasn't even read. As they state they take custom orders over DM and questions I had hoped it could be a simple and easy answer that it'd be a few more weeks before it was made/shipped.

... must be my expectations that people can communicate

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
Indeed it is made to order. They also set the expectation of 2-3 weeks.

It's been over 5 weeks now without a word. I've tried several avenues to say, hey, what's up here?

I tried being patient, and I am still polite when I try to contact them. Being a dick to them won't get me anywhere.

Lastly, I sent them 2 DM's on Instagram, and it wasn't even read. As they state they take custom orders over DM and questions I had hoped it could be a simple and easy answer that it'd be a few more weeks before it was made/shipped.

... must be my expectations that people can communicate
I’ve never heard anything bad about them. I always wanted to buy their starter rig.

damm

I’ve never heard anything bad about them. I always wanted to buy their starter rig.
I've never heard about them at all. Just saw it on Instagram over time, and the glass looked really great. So I saved up and spent 730$ for what I had hoped would be a great Recycler.

Based on the responses here, I should give up now, walk away, and stop trying. I should stop posting here as well; I am just not feeling it.

iDRINKBLEACH

knowing is half the power - Gi-JOE
Accessory Maker
I've never heard about them at all. Just saw it on Instagram over time, and the glass looked really great. So I saved up and spent 730$ for what I had hoped would be a great Recycler.

Based on the responses here, I should give up now, walk away, and stop trying. I should stop posting here as well; I am just not feeling it.
Dang bro I guess it’s been awhile since I’ve looked at their reviews. I’m sorry to hear that and I hope it buffs out for you.

3migo

Is this a...what day is this?
I've seen a few people on reddit post about getting some Sky glass fairly recently.

My guess would just be that they're a bit behind on orders & bad at communicating. They've been around the block for a long time so I can't imagine they'd be trying to grift anyone at this point.

arb

Semi shaved ape

Phone still on and goes to voicemail which I would expect on a Sunday.
I am gonna call again tomorrow and ask what's the eta on getting a beaker made and shipped,if you want me to ask about your order specifically shoot me a pm and tell me a first name.
👍🏿

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
document your emails to them, etc., and worse comes to worse you can always contact paypal or your credit card company to try and have the money returned to you... but don't lose hope, i think all is ok just delayed. try calling tmow at 10am their time and give it until Tuesday to make a decision as to what to do.

tb42091

I owned one of their pieces a long time ago, they've been around for decades at this point. I just ordered a custom eclipse a few weeks ago. They had to order my color first but we worked through email. I made a down payment but havent talked to them now in a few weeks. Just emailed the same address yesterday again to ask about an update. I'll let you know if I hear anything, but they have always had a good reputation and done good work.

Not that long ago on instagram I remember seeing Sky posting saying they were hiring glass blowers because they were swamped, so that may have something to do with it.

gordontreeman

Everythings coming up Milhouse!
The first two responses shared their phone number, have you tried giving them a call?

I think everyone agrees that the delay and lack of communication isn't ideal, the sense I'm getting is that before you go nuclear (chargeback or whatever) you should give them a call. If its not a custom at this point you could probably even reasonably ask and expect to receive a refund if you think the delay + lack of communication on their end is enough that you don't want to deal with them.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I just called them and 5 weeks to make and 2 more to ship........relax.
Evil...(😜)

Anyone know if these dudes ever offer any kind of discount...? Like on this rig in particular...?:
:uhoh:

Edit:..... :o:drool::

1626814824657.png

Last edited:

arb

Semi shaved ape

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
Dude.........what the actual hell?
😆
I assume you're referring to the edit pic....? I know, right...?!?! No idea, buuuuuuut WANT.

My best guess it's a fancy banger etc stand and ISO/Q-tip holder of sorts.....? It's one of their "custom" pics...

Bologna,
  • Love
Reactions: arb

damm

I'm blown away at the rude responses in this post. I mean what a shitty way to respond.

I hope you all look in the mirror and feel ashamed of yourselves. I know you won't but you should.

Mods: you can delete this post and delete my user. I won't be returning to this forum ever again.

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I'm blown away at the rude responses in this post. I mean what a shitty way to respond.

I hope you all look in the mirror and feel ashamed of yourselves. I know you won't but you should.

Mods: you can delete this post and delete my user. I won't be returning to this forum ever again.
Honestly confused here....? I kinda thought people went out of their way to try and help... at least I thought I did by calling anyway...

Jeez, 5 years just like that, over this...? What a bummer.

jeffp

psychonaut/retired
yeah that's weird. hang in there, I think it will be ok - try calling repeatedly.
as i recall there were one or two times I got frustrated trying to reach 7th Floor about my Silver Surfer. emails were never
responded to and it was almost a rarity when they answered the phone but there was nothing to worry about. In your case you're waiting
for a custom job so it's going to take a little time. I would continue to call until someone answers.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)

:hmm: sorry I'm totally blown away by this response, I just read through the entire thread again, and all I saw was people offering help and advice to ease your anxiety over not getting your order yet??!

Seriously, I'd suggest rereading, maybe with the perspective that every reply is totally neutral (I saw a little tongue in cheek teasing, but not really any of it even directed to you?) You asked if anyone had experience with them, a few people did or researched, even called them to get details, perhaps you interpreted that as people making excuses for them leaving you hanging by not responding on IG, because I agree that is shitty you were treated poorly by this company, but I really don't see how you were treated poorly by the members in this thread... Sorry?

Well I guess you may not see this reply, but for one thing mods do not delete posts like this, they do not delete users either, I really am just baffled how the responses in this thread to your question, predominantly very helpful, could have offended you so much to boycott the entire forum...

But I hope you get your order very soon or your money back, or whatever you want now!

:shrug:apologies again, I was just totally thrown after following this thread, finding it interesting, though I could never bring myself to spend that much on one glass piece, I could not remain silent and felt the need to defend my FC brothers who have helped me, I know they can be an odd bunch so I just think something may have been misinterpreted somewhere somehow but who knows I'll digress! :D

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
95% of ALL glass blowers are complete shit at communication and keeping time. That is one of the reasons so many flock to the good ones when they come on FC and participate.

...not a bash on blowers, just kinda a state of the industry. Try to be patient or just get your money back [hopefully you used PayPal/bank/credit card as it makes collection easier].

tb42091

I emailed a couple weeks ago and didn't get a response. They recently got more active on Instagram so today I DMd them on there and they answered in an hour or so. I ordered mid June, they said they've gotten my color in and will give me an ETA soon! I think it is just an issue of being swamped. I also know the heat can fuck with their work schedules too because of all the exhaust being extracted, air conditioning isnt common in a lot of these shops. I hope you can get in contact with them @damm ! Or at least get your $ back if you are done waiting!

Top Bottom