Has anyone ever gotten a tender/scratchy throat from an edible?

MrSpicoli

I wonder if it's the plant matter or coconut oil. Some people unknowingly have allergies to coconut oil which is commonly used....although I can eat shredded coconut and not have any problems.

MrSpicoli,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Are you sure that's what it is exactly? Yeah itchiness could be from an allergic reaction on your throat potentially, but it shouldn't leave you with a sore throat like vaping, however I think what you could be experiencing perhaps is some form of acid reflux, the way your body is digesting and processing whatever is in the edible, releasing gases or whatever up the esophagus making your throat feel a bit sore uncomfortable? Because I have experienced that from certain edibles at least...

MrSpicoli

Are you sure that's what it is exactly? Yeah itchiness could be from an allergic reaction on your throat potentially, but it shouldn't leave you with a sore throat like vaping, however I think what you could be experiencing perhaps is some form of acid reflux, the way your body is digesting and processing whatever is in the edible, releasing gases or whatever up the esophagus making your throat feel a bit sore uncomfortable? Because I have experienced that from certain edibles at least...
Could be acid reflux. Although I don't feel it "coming up" like when I eat spicy foods. Nor do I burp any gases. My throat doesn't get sore...just sometimes will feel a little scratchy and tightened. I'll have to try eating coconut oil by itself to see if it triggers a reaction. Otherwise it could be the plant matter...if so then eating bud straight would have the same allergenic effect.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Could be acid reflux. Although I don't feel it "coming up" like when I eat spicy foods. Nor do I burp any gases. My throat doesn't get sore...just sometimes will feel a little scratchy and tightened

Yeah I was just using that to describe it, it is a bit more subtle, if it's what I am thinking of for myself at least!

Shit Snacks,
Reactions: shredder

cosimo

when i prepare canna milk by just dumping my dry herbs into the boiling milk and let it simmer for 20-30 minutes, the milk ends up witha spicy flavor which in turn makes my throat itch... but just with that "edible" form... other forms are just like any normal gummy or chocolate with the added effects.

cosimo,

arefx

Could be youre starting to come down with an illness. Hopefully not! rsv the flu and COVID all suck and are definitely going around. I've had all three (oof) and scratchy throat was one of the first things I noticed.

arefx,
Reactions: shredder

shredder

Could be youre starting to come down with an illness. Hopefully not! rsv the flu and COVID all suck and are definitely going around. I've had all three (oof) and scratchy throat was one of the first things I noticed.

Agreed, and this is "winter crud" season. ho ho ho ahhh-choo. Highly unlikely it's from an edible.

MrSpicoli

The throat thing has been an issue for decades, and I've only had homemade edibles. I laid out my method on the decarb thread.

MrSpicoli,
Top Bottom