• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Hamilton Devices - The Shiv

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
I just ordered two twists, one as a gift. $22/each.

And a cool one, that totally protects the whole cartridge, should be good for pocket carry.

Very interesting, seems like maybe a slightly nicer UNI Pro!

Does it eliminate the magnetic adapter? I'm getting tired of the magnets and would probably try one for that reason alone.

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Very interesting, seems like maybe a slightly nicer UNI Pro!

Does it eliminate the magnetic adapter? I'm getting tired of the magnets and would probably try one for that reason alone.

No magnets. 2.0-3.8 volts. While expensive compared to the Uni, I wanted a device that total encased the cart. I was considering the cheaper switchblade - Flip out key fob types, but none that I found had lower voltage settings.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
No magnets.
😎😎😎 SCORE! Now I'm definitely intrigued because my buddy recently gave my UNI pro back I let him borrow, and now the slider barely moves as I can tell the cart leaked and completely flooded the battery... In fact, I'm seeing him today, so now I know exactly what he can replace it with 😆

I like the IDEA of the magnets, for hot swapping between flavors, but I've never really used them for that in practice. In fact I think it creates more potential connectivity issues and can impede the airflow.

I preferred my Pax Era for quick cycling through flavors, no threads in that pod platform.

Lol @ the reviews on the Hamilton devices site - one guy said it was great until he dropped it in water..... YA THINK!? 😁

RustyOldNail

😎😎😎 SCORE! Now I'm definitely intrigued because my buddy recently gave my UNI pro back I let him borrow, and now the slider barely moves as I can tell the cart leaked and completely flooded the battery... In fact, I'm seeing him today, so now I know exactly what he can replace it with 😆

I like the IDEA of the magnets, for hot swapping between flavors, but I've never really used them for that in practice. In fact I think it creates more potential connectivity issues and can impede the airflow.

I preferred my Pax Era for quick cycling through flavors, no threads in that pod platform.

Lol @ the reviews on the Hamilton devices site - one guy said it was great until he dropped it in water..... YA THINK!? 😁

Yeah reviews were good, though I won’t cry when the mechanism breaks, as I’m sure it will, hopefully it works for a decent amount of time. Kind of a novelty, but as the entire cart is covered, I felt it would be safe in a pocket, I hope it’s not too heavy, I like the lightness of the Uni.

You are right, adapters do add resistance. And the adapter included with the UNI Pro, have a solid bottom, as it does not do “breath activation”, so the only air getting in, is through the small holes above the 510 threads. I get more airflow with the PKCT adapters, as they have an airhole straight through.

I like the magnets on carts, as I take them out when not in use, in case they leak. The “Shiv”, will be my first THREAD ON ONLY device. So I’ll leave it on and hope quality carts won’t leak.

biohacker

Yeah reviews were good,

Am I missing the reviews? I saw only one for the Shiv?

I hope it’s not too heavy, I like the lightness of the Uni.

It mentioned rubberized zinc alloy. There is a massive difference between the weight of the Uni Pro and Uni Twist due to the different housing materials. And while the Twist is indeed smaller than the Pro, it's much heavier. When I pick up the Pro it feels really light, cheap and plasticky in comparison. But with that said, the paint on my Twists is definitely not very resilient in my usage lol

I like the magnets on carts, as I take them out when not in use, in case they leak. The “Shiv”, will be my first THREAD ON ONLY device. So I’ll leave it on and hope quality carts won’t leak.

I don't understand how carts even leak? Are these CCELLs? Even my CCELL clones have never leaked, and i'm pretty sure I abuse my carts more than you guys lol

Having to take carts out "in case they leak" sounds like an anxiety that should not even ever exist.

biohacker,

biohacker

Do you guys want to start a new thread for the shiv maybe? :lol: :whip:

Oh man I totally forgot to comment on it! lol NICE FIND @RustyOldNail and big up on ya for taking one for the team thank you!!! It looks AMAZING! USB-c, low voltage range, no magnetic adapter, 900mah, digital, hides cart, looks like it's worth the money indeed and so looking forward to your feedback/review because my buying one depends on it!

Reviews on hamiltondevices look pretty good! Some video reviews on Youtube too. Apparently they go on sale 1/2 price from time to time but the $39 shipping to Canada is an automatic deal breaker for me. I'll be living through you @RustyOldNail ! Shiv and PCKT 2 you have all the cool toys bro! lol

Last edited:

RustyOldNail

Am I missing the reviews? I saw only one for the Shiv?

It mentioned rubberized zinc alloy. There is a massive difference between the weight of the Uni Pro and Uni Twist due to the different housing materials. And while the Twist is indeed smaller than the Pro, it's much heavier. When I pick up the Pro it feels really light, cheap and plasticky in comparison. But with that said, the paint on my Twists is definitely not very resilient in my usage lol

I don't understand how carts even leak? Are these CCELLs? Even my CCELL clones have never leaked, and i'm pretty sure I abuse my carts more than you guys lol

Having to take carts out "in case they leak" sounds like an anxiety that should not even ever exist.

Well thanks for jinxing me, got my first LEAKY CART.

Received the SHIV and another today, put that info in the link below, don’t want TWIST anyone’s panties ....

RustyOldNail,
  • Haha
Reactions: biohacker

RustyOldNail

SPRK is boof. CCELL or bust, they don't leak... at least not in my experience of well over 100-200. Never had a Cerall CL6 ceramic leak either and i've been through dozens of those.

I’m using a few CCells now. Do you find they need more voltage? Ohms on my 1gram cart is 1.25, all the SPRK carts I’ve been using are about 1.5 ohms, seems I have to go higher to get the same hit.

RustyOldNail,

biohacker

I’m using a few CCells now. Do you find they need more voltage? Ohms on my 1gram cart is 1.25, all the SPRK carts I’ve been using are about 1.5 ohms, seems I have to go higher to get the same hit.

Not at all, i'm using authentic CCELL TH2 as well as CCELL Jupiter (still authentic) and I seldom ever rarely go over 2.3v. I use the dabcap and rig most of the time and can milk it pretty good on just the preheat 1.8v. I use fse or co2 oil carts only. I think they come in around 1.45ohms or so but i've seen it under and over that but don't really pay attention.

Airflow can be a huge factor in the voltage you need to dial in for your hit. Like you said the Pro and Twist mag adapters are slightly different airflow and that could make the difference of say .1v or maybe .2v. I actually like the slightly more resistance of the Uni Pro bigger adapter lol

PPN

Volute of Vapor
Speaking about cart I got the chance to test the full ceramic Duocore cartridge by Ispire and they are great, airflow is better than Ccell although you can go faster through the cart if you are pulling too hard.

I'm working myself in a dusty environment and I would dig a cart battery where you can seal all the cart into the battery, with the one I have (Uni pro, Handy, Ispire autodraw battery and small pen shaped batteries) I always got contact issues cause the dust, dust in the mouthpiece also... I use silicone caps for the mp but they tend to slip out and last trick is to put the battery in a small box but it's less easy to grab for a hit. I like these catridges for daytime use, faster to get a hit, stealthier and since I fill my cart myself for the most I do low thc load mixing my wax with some cbd wax (or sometimes with cbd e-liquid booster) to lower thc wax content to a 50% level making hits less potent for working time. I still have a Uni Pro with a full cbd extract cart ( Grow carts by the-best-of-nature.com :tup:), taste very good since terpènes are extracted from cannabis, surprisingly uplifted also!

Do you have a link for the Shiv?

PPN,

RustyOldNail

Speaking about cart I got the chance to test the full ceramic Duocore cartridge by Ispire and they are great, airflow is better than Ccell although you can go faster through the cart if you are pulling too hard.

I'm working myself in a dusty environment and I would dig a cart battery where you can seal all the cart into the battery, with the one I have (Uni pro, Handy, Ispire autodraw battery and small pen shaped batteries) I always got contact issues cause the dust, dust in the mouthpiece also... I use silicone caps for the mp but they tend to slip out and last trick is to put the battery in a small box but it's less easy to grab for a hit. I like these catridges for daytime use, faster to get a hit, stealthier and since I fill my cart myself for the most I do low thc load mixing my wax with some cbd wax (or sometimes with cbd e-liquid booster) to lower thc wax content to a 50% level making hits less potent for working time. I still have a Uni Pro with a full cbd extract cart ( Grow carts by the-best-of-nature.com :tup:), taste very good since terpènes are extracted from cannabis, surprisingly uplifted also!

Do you have a link for the Shiv?

LINK in first POST in this THREAD, on this PAGE.

Photonic

Lesser-Known Lurker
No magnets. 2.0-3.8 volts. While expensive compared to the Uni, I wanted a device that total encased the cart. I was considering the cheaper switchblade - Flip out key fob types, but none that I found had lower voltage settings.
I picked up a fob/switchblade style with voltage adjustment (down to 2.0V I believe) for around $40 at a local VaporKing store. Works well with 510 CBD carts:

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Looks nice but damn proud pricing...

Love no magnet...

How serviceable is it?
If you get a leaky cart, are you tossing this, or can that chamber be easily cleaned?

FlyingLow,
Top Bottom