Hahaha! Some people just don't understand (glass)

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
So after picking up my new piece today, I had this conversation with my wife.

"So did they give you the money back?" (took back parts for a hookah, we ended up not wanting)
"Well, they gave me store credit."
"Don't tell me, you used it?"
"Yep."
"What did you get?"
<crickets>
"What did you get?"
"A glass piece."
"Why!? You have enough glass pieces! You even have 2 extra! (EXTRA!? - BDV) Plus, the one you gave to my dad!" (not counting the other I guess she forgot about).

Hahahaha! Enough glass pieces? WTF is she thinking?

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Did she beat you like a rented mule BDV? :horse: lol :lmao:

Been with mine for 28 years now so I am what we call "well trained" :D

But I still woulda done what you did :) sometimes its worth the pain.

t-dub,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Missed a trick BDV. It's all about how you present your "new multi-purpose vase". You forgot the flowers.
images
images
images

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, lets just say... t-dub has a good read on the situation. I'm in the doghouse, rightfully so. Going to be my wife's
rack.gif
for a bit.

It stung, trust me. It ain't done stinging.

Think I'll go numb it, with a vape in my new glass. C-ya!

EDIT: AND... I'm going to be sleeping on the couch. Didn't see that one coming, seriously.

Vicki

Herbal Alchemist
Well, lets just say... t-dub has a good read on the situation. I'm in the doghouse, rightfully so. Going to be my wife's
rack.gif
for a bit.

It stung, trust me. It ain't done stinging.

Think I'll go numb it, with a vape in my new glass. C-ya!

EDIT: AND... I'm going to be sleeping on the couch. Didn't see that one coming, seriously.

Wow, the couch! Buying something without permission wouldn't buy my husband a ticket to the couch. It would have to be a much more serious offense. :lol: At least you have a nice new shiny piece of glass. :)

Vicki,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
You got yourself one strong woman there BDV! :nope: I don't think I've ever made my husband sleep on the couch.... and I'm a real bitch! :lol:

momofthegoons,
Reactions: Vicki

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, she didn't make me. She just didn't stop me, when I tested the waters by grabbing my pillow (she was conveniently turned away). Which in wife-speak is, "eh buddy, right idea."

It worked to some degree. No claws today... but eggshells and landmines, everywhere. If you don't hear from me in a few days... you know what to do.

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
What really sucks, is I couldn't find the length 18mm downstem I wanted. The one I grabbed, is just a bit too long and hits the back of the tube (it was all they had). It works, it just won't seat well enough to not twist. I was going to have The Guy In Orgeon That Blew My Downstem make me another one, for the new tube.

$33 that might end my life.
icon506.gif
My finger has been hovering over the "Buy" button, since last night.

(clickable)

I have a ton of 14mm downstems, but 18mm, meh. Usually I wouldn't get 18mm, as I don't like the roar associated with clearing one. But, this tube w/ inline perc is sweeeet. I already tried my Oregon showerhead downstem with it to check the drag and oh sweet bliss! Hope I can actually wait a while before I replace it.

This is what got me in the trouble, btw (for those that don't keep up with the cheap glass thread).

20120514_171007.jpg

UPDATE: Karma took a big bite out of my ass this morning, just desserts for the purchase and contemplating a new downstem. I had loaded up my Eclipse w/ some oil, lit the torch, picked it up and noticed the downstem and perc were just flopping around. Clean, all around break on the downtube/slide. Sigh... going to take it back, of course... for more store credit.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Vicki

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well, I lost the cool Blue motif I had going. But, I traded up... on a straight tube POS, for a 6-arm tree perc tube POS.

I cashed in some of my Pay It Forward credits (one of my favorite hobbies). :D

20120516_174736.jpg

BigDaddyVapor,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Whoa! Big misread on that!

She started one of those still hurting fights and let the claws out. Decided she wanted WWIII. Over freakin' $33. She can't take back what she said either... :(

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Whoa! Big misread on that!

She started one of those still hurting fights and let the claws out. Decided she wanted WWIII. Over freakin' $33. She can't take back what she said either... :(

Hate to break it to you BDV, having a female perspective on the female mind as I do, I have a feeling there's more to this than a $33 piece of glass... In fact, I'd go out on a limb here and say it may have nothing to do with the $33 at all. Just saying... ;)

t-dub

Vapor Sloth
Mom, I am such a guy. I was totally foucused on a "pick your battles" response but your right. This appears to be the tip of a match maybe?

Sorry BDV, we are with you in spirit, try to hold hands when you "discuss" things, it has an amazing calming effect on the situation.

t-dub,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Sorry BDV, we are with you in spirit, try to hold hands when you "discuss" things, it has an amazing calming effect on the situation.

As does a good bottle of wine and some flowers..... :lol:

hey.... maybe you can use your new bubbler for a vase?:brow:

momofthegoons,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Oh, I know what its about, mom. Trust me, the $33 was a trigger AND part of it. My wife, hasn't any idea how to communicate, however (we're an odd relationship)... so she typically ends up saying the meanest thing she can. Last night, she mocked my terminal condition (ascending/descending aortic dissections for those that don't know. Its about a 3% survival condition. I'm on borrowed time). I try to forgive these things, I'm not any angel and have said my fair share of mean things. But, not like that. I wouldn't ever dream of and haven't ever mocked, or belittled any of her medical conditions. I think that's detestable behavior, honestly. As I told her this afternoon. My own wife has done and/or said the 3 meanest things, anyone has ever said/done to me... and I repeated them back to her. She didn't have a snappy comeback for that one.

Excuse the rant. Just not in a good place right now... needed to vent, while I make sure my BP doesn't shoot through the roof, like it did last night.

BigDaddyVapor,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
Well shit BDV, sorry to hear it. Also sorry to have joked at your expense.

Take a big cleansing breath, and get in your happy place. Hope being able to vent helped a little. ;)

momofthegoons,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Well shit BDV, sorry to hear it. Also sorry to have joked at your expense.

Take a big cleansing breath, and get in your happy place. Hope being able to vent helped a little. ;)

Oh, don't worry about the joke. Didn't even register on my hackles, in fact... it had the desired effect. I chuckled, because I needed the damn tube that broke, for flowers. It looked more like a vase.

Top Bottom