Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
Haze actually made a working product, and it didn't fail because of bulkiness.

The fact that you're trying to design the heater after the fact is a big problem. It's not something you can just jam into the footprint you want (this touches on grasshoppers failures). The heater is the meat of the device, not an afterthought.

To step back a bit to your OP about investors, why should an investor believe this is any different? What makes your idea stand out? So far everything you've mentioned has been tried by other companies to varying degrees of success.
Haze product whether it failed because of the bulkiness or not was still too bulky. We are going for something more discreet. We really dont have to change much for the heater maybe the material but the design is still the same, this is where engineering comes in. Anytime dealing with investors theres no guarantee, they just have to believe in the product and in what we see, hence the familiar saying no risk no reward. My idea stands out because its never been done (you guys all ask me the same question, it's redundant). The design and its function, you can google all in one vape and multichamber vape and youll find theres nothing. Not everyone will agree with us or believe this product will succeed and thats fine im just here for anything that might help us if we overlooked anything.

Gyre,

KeroZen

Chronic vapaholic
I beta-tested a couple dual-use vapes (e-juice 510 port + ceramic conduction oven) in the past and they both sucked. One from FlowerMate, the other from VapeDynamics, named Aura Hybrid X and Duo respectively.

The conduction part was poorly executed and inferior to their previous products in the FlowerMate case. And the 510 part was features-deprived and could not compare positively to any dedicated mod-box (no TCR, few settings, no good sub-ohm support etc)

The VapeDynamics Duo was just a disaster due to the unsafe materials inside (silicone bonding glue near the heater) and it was just overall terribly designed anyway.

Their threads are still floating around somewhere in the portable vapes section for those curious enough, but don't waste your time, there's not much to see!

staircase slight of hand

My idea stands out because its never been done (you guys all ask me the same question, it's redundant).

I’m seeing several different unanswered questions in this thread; you might try re-reading with a less defensive eye. Here’s one to start you off:

looking back at your prototype photos*, I’m not really understanding how this could work. Like, which part is doing the revolving? Could we get some pics of it opened up, or even just a sketch of the revolving mechanism (the illustration from your patent would be perfect)? Or just a verbal narrative of how it would work? The more I look at your pics, the less sense it makes.

*or renders? It’s hard to tell what I’m looking at.

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: Vizyt91

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
@Gyre, what are you envisioning as a price-point (or price range)? I think that info might help us calibrate our responses.

As you’ve noticed, you’ve got an audience here with a lot of experience and a lot of opinions, and when you say things like “I’m not claiming I invented the wheel, I’m just perfecting it” it’s going to go two directions: some will take you and your intent seriously, and some will find it sort of charmingly naive.

So, for the sake of clarity in this discussion: are you truly aiming to perfect a multi-medium vape that surpasses all expectations, or are you aiming for a mass-market implementation of your concept that is good enough? I suspect that your imagined price-point will provide the answer.

Edit to add: looking back at your prototype photos*, I’m not really understanding how this could work. Like, which part is doing the revolving? Could we get some pics of it opened up, or even just a sketch of the revolving mechanism (the illustration from your patent would be perfect)? Or just a verbal narrative of how it would work? The more I look at your pics, the less sense it makes.

*or renders? It’s hard to tell what I’m looking at.
Me claiming to perfect the wheel has nothing to do with feedback regarding the vape, just being honest. I get this forum is for vape enthusiasts but that doesnt give them the right to belittle people, at the end of the day you can be courteous and professional. Not sure if you read that dudes message but it was all negative comments, which I dont mind because everyones got an opinion but if your being negative without suggestions, or actual feedback its just trash talking at that point saying people being way too nice here responding to me and trying to help. Saying theyre not impressed and us being based in Florida meaning very little to them. All of that makes no sense and is irrelevant to what im trying to achieve here. So im not trying to be charmingly naive. The top thicker part rotates. At this point I dont see the need in sharing anymore of the product, I got what I needed out of this which is motivation. So thank you for your comments.
I am sorry to be negative but you clearly sound to me you have too little experience with vaping in general. This is to me the biggest problem, you are ignoring the issues many of us have experienced and i am honest i have to admit i am surprised by the kindness and time members have dedicated to you because you do not really sound you have a clear idea of what you are doing. You have designed only so far, you just need to solve the minor issues like picking the right coils and heating elements like if these were irrelevant details.
And speaking about the design i am not impressed, this thing will get super hot, will taste like silicon and if it will manage to perform as the Pax does it will be a success. The fact you are based in Florida means very little to me, i will be more interested to know where you would be manufacturing
I am not trying to be…sorry nothing personal, but i would get some study and experience first and them once you have a better picture you can start all over again, i see there you have enthusiasm to sell and this is good. Peace.
You dont need to have experience in order to sell something and be successful (trust me I know). The members who are on here do so out of the kindness of their heart (there's still people out there who want to see others succeed) and offer free advice (hence why im here) Those are minor issues that dont take long to fix so iIdont see it being a big challenge. Not everyone will be impressed with the design but im sure others will, its all subjective at the end of the day. It wont taste like silicone because there is no silicone in the path airway so idk where you got that interpretation from. Being based in Florida has nothing to do with the success of this project, why should I be based out of California, Denver, or Seattle? LOL Manufacturing is in China like most vape companies because of pricing, eventually id love to do it here in the US.

I doubt there are that many users ,who vape concentrates,herb and e-liquid . Most people i know are herb/concentrates or just herb. E-liquid is not that popular with the herb vaping crowd ,so maybe it wont be used too much .
Could you put 3 x herb chambers and rotate them or is each one dedicated to a certain material ?
Are the chambers changeable ?
Yes you can put all dry herb or all wax or mix and match, the choice is yours my friend.

spot on
in our days, it's more important to know what's in the market already, we're not in 2002 anymore, when you could "improve the wheel" without knowing your competitors :lol:
I knew some of my competitors but now I know more thanks to you guys :)

This. Spend a year benchmarking and we'll talk; as it is you don't have the experience necessary to squarely meet the needs of the experienced, particular, and demanding audience you've engaged with here.
I dont need to be an expert to engage the people on here, just because my purpose and intentions dont align with what you believe them to be.

Gyre,
Reactions: KeroZen

staircase slight of hand

The top thicker part rotates. At this point I dont see the need in sharing anymore of the product, I got what I needed out of this which is motivation.

But the top thicker part narrows down to basically battery-width before it reaches a junction that could rotate. So what’s actually happening with the chambers and their contact to the battery? It’s not like the rotation would re-center the chamber over the battery.

If you don’t want to share details that’s your prerogative, but be self-aware enough to realize that you have blind spots that you’re completely unaware of us (just like all of us).

staircase slight of hand,
Reactions: Grass Yes

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
It’s also been stated a bunch of times, but your benchmark vapes aren’t that good… and you admit yours isn’t even at that level yet.

You’ve been given good advice: spend some of your development money on the vapes people here bang on about. See for yourself how far you’d have to go to get taken more seriously.

Also, stop thinking marketing is key and that fundamental considerations like “coils, atomisers, materials” are “bugs.” Talking up smoke and mirrors over vapor quality on an enthusiast forum is unwise… and personally makes me question your marketing chops as well.

So far, all I see is a fidget spinner for people with oral fixations. Classic solution in need of a problem.
If mine was at that level I wouldnt be here. Im on here for free advice, feedback, partners, a buyer, or an investor. Marketing is key whether you want to accept it or not, how many people sell terrible products and make a killing? However I dont intend on selling a bad product, just letting you know your statement isnt necessarily true. Yes, they are bugs if they need to get fixed? I think this is the perfect place to be talking up smoke, and yes precisely a fidget spinner! I called it that too earlier glad you see it too

I'm really surprised y'all have given so much time and energy to this. A very generous bunch that a smart maker would be lucky to engage with.

you really have nothing to worry about there.

Ya may want to pivot to Crypto, I think you've got the chops. Maybe some "cowboys dream" NFTs!
Thats why im here for the free advice (has been entertaining in the process) Dont worry about other peoples time and energy, worry about your own. Its clear youre not using it wisely making snarky remarks on here, you should be a comedian instead, even then youre not that funny. I might as well be a professional underwater basket weaver too while im at it lol. And its funny you say that because theres people whove actually made more money than you with NFTs and Cryptos.

You talked him dead
Nah im still here. I just actually have a life outside of this and got to do work. Not sit here chattin it up with people talking trash. Who arent even providing positive feedback

I think you guys scared him off. :lol:
Like I told someone else on here, im still here. I just actually have a life outside of this and got to do work. Not sit here chattin it up with people talking trash. Who arent even providing positive feedback or valuable information.

The reality check was probably a bit harsh, but losing several years of your time and all your spare money is even harsher.

The vape market is quite mature and very unforgiving. We sadly have many examples of companies that had a good product, and at the right time on top of that, yet failed to turn any real profit and bailed out. So it's really difficult to succeed and survive more than a few years, even when the odds are on your side. You just have to look at all the threads having the "discontinued" tag in their title to get an idea of the size of the problem: most of these vapes are not gone because they were obsolete or replaced by another product.

At this point, either Gyre Vapes have a working PoC to show and prove us all wrong soon, or I would recommend them to do more extensive market research and get back to the drawing board.

:2c:
No not really harsh. I got some positive feedback and then the rest is just key board rangers who talk trash since they got nothing better to do with their life. But then again im on a forum for vape enthusiasts who mainly like to troll, not professionals.

If my business dies after a couple of years thats fine. As long as I launched it and made some money along the way and my time paid off, im good. I learned a lot in this process and would only give me more confidence to do other things as well since I was able to do this even when everyone on here doubted it. But youre right, Gyre will prove everyone on here wrong, just wait and see.

Razhumikin

Awkward Schitts Creek GIF by CBC

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
I hope this isn’t all too discouraging…if you truly believe in your idea I wouldn’t give up on it just because there’s more work to be done, but you absolutely should look more at the companies and devices that have come and gone before as well as what the best/most used and recommended stuff out there is right now.

I’ve worked on some designs myself, and some of them even include multi-chamber designs. Not exactly like yours since I have no interest in nicotine juice and concentrates would be secondary for me, but neither of us is the first to try multiple chambers and by themselves they haven’t been enough to make or break a product.

I haven’t produced anything because I don’t have the money or knowledge to design the electronics I’d need and make a functional prototype. I am also concerned that while the potential market is huge the actual market is not yet, so even if you or I design something amazing it may not be successful.

I also want to add to the caution on materials. Yes many mass-produced vaporizers use materials like silicone in the air/vapor path, but they do affect the flavor especially when they’re dirty (which is likely every time after the first time they’re used).

I also worry a bit about what might be coming off of materials like that and straight into my lungs over many uses…this may not be a well founded concern in this case, but in general it is a good thing to consider.

I really don’t know whether the average person would notice or care about your material choices, whether or not their current preference for smoking has much to do with the bad flavor that comes from dirty silicone and other common materials, but you should know that most people around here have a strong preference for glass, metal, ceramic and other materials that they can’t taste by themselves and that can be thoroughly cleaned.

If you move forward with this project I really do wish you luck and hope to see you release something great, and if you’re in the middle of giving up on a dream you’ve put a lot of work into because you’re no longer confident in it, I’m sorry.

I hope you do a bit more research before you make a final decision, but I’d hate to see you waste years and bankrupt yourself chasing a design that may not be up to par yet in a market where some excellent designs haven’t been enough to keep the companies producing them afloat.

I’d also hate to see you give up if you’re close to producing something great, but I think you’ll have to take a step back and compare what you have and what you can do with it to what else is out there before you’ll know for sure where you stand.

Whichever way you go, good luck. :)
On the contrary this hasnt discouraged me one bit. If anything its just humorous and only motivated me even more to succeed. We wont be going with silicone anyway on the entire vape itll be a different material. Thank you for your feedback and the good vibes, we appreciate you and wish you luck as well in any endeavor you take on.

Good lord, little buddy. You’re talking like a twelve year old.
And what are you talking like? This is a forum not a professional chat, its informal.

staircase slight of hand

And what are you talking like?

Like someone who’s asked a basic question multiple times and been given the runaround. So, the revolving mechanism: how does it work? ELI5.

Edit to add: please keep in mind that this thread is ground-zero for the Gyre vape and the people running the company, as far as the internet is concerned. Maybe put some effort into at least pretending to be a professional?

Siebter

Less soul, more mind
You dont need to have experience in order to sell something and be successful (trust me I know).

Marketing is key whether you want to accept it or not

Okay, now I understand where this is going to.

Honestly @Gyre – if there's anything serious about your project, start listening to the people here. FC as a whole is actually always super welcoming towards new projects, because a new vape is always a good thing for us. But many of us have seen a lot of devices come and go, not too few actually make vaporizers themselves, so some skepticism is to be expected. I strongly recommend overcoming your ego migraine and stop being so defensive. If there's anything worthwhile here, we will support you.

But for now it doesn't really look like it. Think about that.

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
Well he's already got "an investor" if I understood correctly. Last thing he's going to want is to let this thread keep going, and potentially draw some unwanted attention to it. Disregard the errant snark, it wasn't too kind anyhow. Apologies
You should probably read before you answer.

I agree 100% with Vaporware about silicone in the air path, it takes on a smoky taste that is very hard to get rid of without replacing the silicone. I also agree it makes sense to take a hard look at current successful vapes and consider how your device would compete with them. And also (as I said before) to look at threads where people here have said what they would want in a dream vape. I don't think I've ever seen multiple chambers as something people want. Which isn't to say multiple chambers would be a dealbreaker, but you really need to check the other boxes first.
Im not giving people what they want, im giving them what they need in their life.

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I am reminded of that thread where the guy was selling a crypto scam disguised as a vape. People started to give him the benefit of the doubt with just some 3D printed shells and blinking LEDs. This forum is absolutely willing to help along any and all new devices, no matter the quality. But you gotta show us something!

RustyOldNail

SEARCH for the treasure...
Thats why im here to see if I can potentially get some guidance, partners, investors, or someone whos interested in buying the patent.

At this point I dont see the need in sharing anymore of the product, I got what I needed out of this which is motivation.

“Motivation” is of course important, but deciding on either just selling the idea/patent, or actually following through all the way to actually marketing a product are almost two different extremes. The 2nd one involves a lot of dedication. Since it seems you haven’t chosen a definitive path yet, no reason for me to participate in speculation, especially if you are unable to share any patent information.

While there are many design complaints in regards to the Grasshopper IO device, that company was motivated and dedicated enough to have their own custom sized cylinder style lithium battery made for them, something I have never seen before or since. While perhaps controversial, I do respect their dedication to their design goals. Good luck.

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
Like someone who’s asked a basic question multiple times and been given the runaround. So, the revolving mechanism: how does it work? ELI5.

Edit to add: please keep in mind that this thread is ground-zero for the Gyre vape and the people running the company, as far as the internet is concerned. Maybe put some effort into at least pretending to be a professional?
Now I dont see the point in even adding a picture of video of how it functions and rotates. No ones given anymore genuine advice or feedback. So it seems I got all I needed from here. Thank you for your time and the laughs. Sure thing, Ill bear it in mind for the next time.

Okay, now I understand where this is going to.

Honestly @Gyre – if there's anything serious about your project, start listening to the people here. FC as a whole is actually always super welcoming towards new projects, because a new vape is always a good thing for us. But many of us have seen a lot of devices come and go, not too few actually make vaporizers themselves, so some skepticism is to be expected. I strongly recommend overcoming your ego migraine and stop being so defensive. If there's anything worthwhile here, we will support you.

But for now it doesn't really look like it. Think about that.
Believe me I have heard the people on here, some have given good input others not so much. Regardless I am thankful for the experience, thank you for your message.

Gyre,

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Haze product whether it failed because of the bulkiness or not was still too bulky. We are going for something more discreet

I think you misunderstand exactly what happened with the square, a large part of it was manufacturing problems and defective parts, because there were so many parts involved, moving parts, among other things. They had to make it bulky to accommodate everything, the complexity and cost of the product drove them out of business, not a lack of demand due to its size or appearance... Look at grasshopper for the other sleek design, and all the problems that come with that as well!

Now I dont see the point in even adding a picture of video of how it functions and rotates. No ones given anymore genuine advice or feedback. So it seems I got all I needed from here. Thank you for your time and the laughs. Sure thing, Ill bear it in mind for the next time.

I know some of the comments here were a bit harsh and rude, but to write off all the feedback in this thread, would be a mistake I think, most of it is indeed genuine advice, despite how it may have been expressed...

Believe me I have heard the people on here, some have given good input others not so much. Regardless I am thankful for the experience, thank you for your message.

Yeah you see there is good stuff here, just ignore people that are perceived as just insulting you, focus on constructive feedback and really take it to heart is all I can say!

Also by the way, on the bottom you can quote messages, to collect them, then insert the quotes in your post, so you can reply to many in one post, as I did above. You're not really supposed to make back-to-back-to-back-to-back posts here, so we can keep it a bit cleaner is all... Regardless whatever happens hope you do stick around here!

Last edited:

Gyre

Gyre
Manufacturer
“Motivation” is of course important, but deciding on either just selling the idea/patent, or actually following through all the way to actually marketing a product are almost two different extremes. The 2nd one involves a lot of dedication. Since it seems you haven’t chosen a definitive path yet, no reason for me to participate in speculation, especially if you are unable to share any patent information.

While there are many design complaints in regards to the Grasshopper IO device, that company was motivated and dedicated enough to have their own custom sized cylinder style lithium battery made for them, something I have never seen before or since. While perhaps controversial, I do respect their dedication to their design goals. Good luck.
If you want patent information you have to sign documents individually, I cant just upload it here for everyone to see, that would be unwise.

Zipford

Im not giving people what they want, im giving them what they need in their life.
This sounds like the story of Henry Ford saying if he asked his customers what they wanted, they would have said a faster horse. Steve Jobs had similar quotes about his job being to dream up things people don't even know they want yet, not to give them what they want.

With respect, what you're talking about really isn't in that class of invention. You're not inventing vaping, you're coming up with an idea to make it better. Which would be great if it works. But this isn't the first car or the first iPhone.

Also, again with respect: you shouldn't burn bridges here on your way out if you are at all serious about bringing a new vape to market. It's a knowledgeable community and if you do come up with something truly great, they will be your first customers.

Farid

I hope you didn't interpret any of my comments as disparaging. I genuinely want to offer good advice, and sometimes that can come out as harsh.

I'd like to see more drawings. The outside of a device doesn't really tell you much. But a cross section would show the heater and revolving mechanism which are the parts which are most integral to the products success. I wouldn't worry about NDAs considering you have a patent. The patent IS the protection, and is public information.

You are clearly very motivated. If I was an investor I'd like to know more about your story. Why vapes? What's your experiential background. A person who came from the electronics industry will bring a different "flavor" from a person who worked on jet engines. Remember, an investor isn't just investing in your product, he's investing in you.

Everyone's needs are different. You have the opportunity, through this forum, to engage with free focus groups essentially, but you'll need a thick skin.

jasp3r

We really dont have to change much for the heater maybe the material but the design is still the same, this is where engineering comes in. Anytime dealing with investors theres no guarantee, they just have to believe in the product and in what we see, hence the familiar saying no risk no reward. My idea stands out because its never been done (you guys all ask me the same question, it's redundant). The design and its function, you can google all in one vape and multichamber vape and youll find theres nothing. Not everyone will agree with us or believe this product will succeed and thats fine im just here for anything that might help us if we overlooked anything.

But what you're marketing here isn't a vape, its a multi-chamber rotating stick unless there is heater technology in it. That is what we are trying to convey.

A grass hopper is just a metal pen if you take out the heater out, right?

All you have shown us is the exterior of the design but we are repeatedly trying to figure out what the internals are looking like? Do you have a chipset planned? How is dry herb planning on being vaped? Do you have a temp range in mind?

How about wax? Do you have tempsp in mind? Is it going to be a coil wax atomizer or a cup based wax vaporizer?

These are the question we are wanting to know but we are just being told that spinner revolvers are the rage, but this forum isn't for design aesthetics, its for vapor quality and the technology that comes along with it.

Again, its a novel concept. But people need a good herb heater. We are just trying to figure out what kind of heater technology is at play here? You haven't said anything about that, or the wax heater.

Seeing all chambers can be loaded with the same material at once, means the chambers are interchanable and not fixed, right?

Let me ask you a question. Do you know the difference between Convection and Conduction?

GoldenBud

I'd suggest you not trying to make any portable, the market is too crowded by manufacturers...the Pax dream is over
try building your desktop, and make it repairable if you plan to vanish in few years, and also not too expensive

Farid

A quick Google shows the patent. I will not post it out of respect, but @staircase slight of hand the image posted by OP doesn't show the seam below the 3 chambers. It rotates as you would expect, with the mouthpiece and battery staying in place, and the 3 chambers spinning like a revolver's cylinder.

I actually think this design would work better as a dedicated LAYG dab pen and ditch the plans for flower or e-juice. Then you could use standard ceramic wick coils or crucibles, and prepack several dabs. This is actually something I thought of a few years ago when I got frustrated fumbling around trying to load dabs on the go. That would be a new design that could have some real benefits, and the battery life wouldn't be atrocious.

Also, the drawings on this patent are not bad, and actually pretty professional. If you had posted this earlier I actually think you would have avoided some of the flack.

Best of luck, but seriously consider going in the oil vape direction. Feel free to shoot me a PM if you want more details on why I suggest this.

Last edited:
Top Bottom