• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Grav vs High Standard or others

shopdognyc

I’ve really been enjoying the window opening I to this world. I’ve been a hobbyist but with no real teacher and never thought to research, until recently.

My current fascination are bongs. I purchased one out on the West coast years ago and just recently attempted an overdue clean with 90% ISO. Mostly done but will try dish washing detergent seeing something elsewhere.

I’ve only used the bowl occasionally and was so delighted to see people using their vapes with the bongs. Totally different thing for me now.

I have a Grab small bubbler on its way but been eyeing a Grav and High Standard rig.

Any feedback on these two?

Any particular inclination to sizes for any reason? 7”, 9” or larger?

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

Kins

I love both of those companies. Higher Standards and Grav are both high quality glass. I have a small collection of Mostly Roor bongs. Also have some Diamond Glass. Also have the Grav upline water pipe, it's different but it works great with a vape. My bent neck 14" Roor seems to work the best out of what I have.

Grav bubblers are also something I'd look into - https://grav.com/collections/bubblers

Right now they are having a 20% off sale but I'm not sure for how long.

I've also had/have a few glass pieces I've been wanting to order for a while.

shopdognyc

I see a tendency for the smaller 7" to be sold out in a style I'm looking at with the 9" still available. Just personal preference? More compact does seem more ideal as far as just storage around the home.

shopdognyc,
Reactions: Madri-Gal

jbm

I have both of the pocket bubblers, and the wedge bubbler. I’m very happy with them. Used mostly with vapcaps, but I’ve used my Tinymight with the wedge.

shopdognyc

Anyone know time estimates on orders from Grav? Got the best deal with them, but nothing has shipped as of yet.

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

That makes me hopeful. I have a small bubbler and a midsize on order. No news since past week.

shopdognyc,

FlyingLow

Team NO SLEEP!
Sadly Higher Standards closed our local store... not sure if it was COVID related, but the timing seemed to align with COVID.

FlyingLow,

shopdognyc

That’s too bad. What pieces do you have? Like their designs but prices are on the higher end

shopdognyc,

shopdognyc

I decided on both and pretty happy with the build quality of the two. No experience with things from DHGate but assume I will have to eventually give that a go.

shopdognyc,

Kins

I decided on both and pretty happy with the build quality of the two. No experience with things from DHGate but assume I will have to eventually give that a go.

DH Gate is Chinese crap. Support America by purchasing American made glass. Mav and Higher Standards are excellent choices.

invertedisdead

PHASE3
Manufacturer
He’s right. Grav has been selling imported glass for over a decade. Their newest business model involves licensing American designs and then manufacturing them in China, as they did with the Helix line. The original American made Helix stuff is still available at www.americanhelix.com

Here’s some additional info on the story for your perusal.

Kins

Well that sucks for a lot of people. Good I only have a few small pipes from grav. I'd never knowingly support China either. I don't know why people do. People really should think about what they are supporting when they knowingly purchase Chinese made glass.

Last edited:

shopdognyc

I have a handful of rigs and happy with them

price is higher than dh but lower than others

I got them within a week and happy

no experience ordering from dhgate and I’d pay the premium to have the piece earlier with a local contact

shopdognyc,

JEMSKU

People please stop supporting China!

I'm 100% behind the messages in here about supporting local artists and economy. It's also regrettable that import glass is often made in poor working conditions - though this is certainly not a problem exclusive to the manufacture of glass and I would want to believe American companies like Grav and TAG wouldn't allow this to be a part of their business.

But the scare messages about cancer and such are ludicrous. If you're gonna clean your dishware before you use it, clean your bongs before you use them.

The American vs Chinese debate is long-standing, complicated and at this point it's politicized. This article is written by American glass blowers and linked on every product listing on that site, I wouldn't take it as the word of God.

Again I understand the issues with China glass, but the American glass industry isn't without its own sins. The market for heady glass is completely fucked at this point, prices are driven by hype and (artificial?) scarcity as much as or more than quality of workmanship. This has also lead to a lot of gatekeeping and elitism by collectors and blowers. There is definitely also some garbage American glass out there.

Top Bottom