Got to Quit? What's your method?

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Recently I have had a realization that my tolorance is so high that I can no longer vape like a "normal" person. It seems to take almost double what it takes my friends to get me stoned. Also, I am going to be looking for a job in April, so I will need to quit then to be sure my dream job isn't taken away because of corporate bureaucracy.

Asked to quit by a loved one, for a job, for yourself...How do you quit? What methods do you use to ease the pain, and also what measures have you taken to pass a drug test. THAT HAVE PROVEN TO WORK PLEASE!

Please include (if you like) any conditions that make it more difficult that for most people. (IE: I have severe panic/anxiety disorder. I must take some sort of meds, or never leave the house.) What has worked in the past for someone with simular ailments? Any horror stories of detox's not working? How about stories of how long it takes before you see a differance (tolorance), or become clean (detox). Try to add how much you smoke/vape for a good control, eventhough there is so many other factors to concider. (Like weight for one).

Thank you for your information and comments,

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Not sure if my experiences are any value to you DD because I consume MJ for pleasure. I am however a chronic insomniac and have been since a child so I do find tolerance breaks tough because it screws with my sleep pattern. Luckily a few years ago I learnt self hypnosis which helps a lot with the insomnia and provides me with a drugless solution. .

But anyway, back to quitting. There is only one way that is successful when I want to take a break and that's to have nothing the vap in the house. If its there I am drawn to it like a magnet until its gone. But once its gone its getting thru the next 2-3 days that are the hardest (for me at least). I'm sure its the habit side that affects me because I do not have any physical withdrawals but do crave MJ for the next few days.

The best thing is to keep your mind occupied. A good time to do work on the house :)

One thing I did find useful last year during a forced 6 week break was to smoke (and vap) a legal herbal blend in the weekends. Spice Gold was my choice of legal herbs and due to price and the next day mong/hangover I stuck with blazing from Friday - Sunday only and stayed straight during the week. Monday and Tuesday were a little tough but by Wednesday I felt completely baselined and happy to wait for Friday. They don't show up on drug tests and I have heard of those with medical conditions that are alleviated by MJ having success with the legals.

But if I had a medical condition that was best treated with MJ I'd be looking at just cutting back, take out the 'pleasure' sessions and stick to a couple of bowls when you need to medicate.

Good luck mate

:leaf:

vaporcloud,

Volcano South

I'm actually quitting cigarettes at the moment and having success using the nicotine patch. Unfortunately, there is no (legal and OTC) THC patch. :(

All joking aside, I feel your pain about needing to find a job. I'm finishing my B.S. in Criminal Justice this December, then going to law school staring next fall. I'm needing to do an internship and from there find a career. Scary. Hopefully though, because I'm not planning on being a cop, perhaps -- just perhaps an office job will afford me no intrusionary drug test.

Volcano South,

Purple-Days

VaporCloud says, "If its there I am drawn to it like a magnet until its gone." :lol:

Same here... Ever had the seed smoking headache? Yeah, scraping goo from pipes and hacking like hell on stems. If it's there I'm in...

I go along with three days being the jitters stage.

BTW if it's a tolerance issue you might try another strain. Receptors seem to get used to one strain . . .

I think most info says thirty days to a clean test window, but have heard from an M.D. that if you are in a weight loss phase you can be positive even after that.

The flushing teas work (or used to). I've passed a few tests with them, but there are no promises, and I have lost out with a failed test. Not sure if there have been any advances in test sensitivity in the last decade, so that tea info may be out of date.

ps Good luck on the cigs VS. The patch worked for me. A money saving trick I used, cut high strength patches into halves and then quarters (and stick them on with some adhesive tape) when you are ready to reduce the dose. Seems they charged about the same price no matter what the strength was so the high strength were the best bargain/ mg.

Purple-Days,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
ya, the metabolites get built up in fat cells because cannabinoids are lipophyllic, thats why cannabis shows up so long after use

ive actually heard that you should gain some weight a week or so, or at least eat fatty foods, and ive also heard a quick fix involving downing a packet of jello so that your body doesnt process any of the fat, and that prevents the metabolites from being released from the fat

ive also heard that drinking a shitload of water will dilute your system enough to at the very least make the test fail and give you longer to flush your system

check out the major drug boards if you find yourself in a pinch, im sure there are thousands of posts about this

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
But if I had a medical condition that was best treated with MJ I'd be looking at just cutting back, take out the 'pleasure' sessions and stick to a couple of bowls when you need to medicate.
I think VC put it well here.

If you use marijuana as medicine, there is no reason to 'quit'. It might be a good idea to abstain, because marijuana is a medicine in which the tolerance factor needs to be included; your medicine becomes less effective because you build a tolerance, so you increase the dose, so you increase your tolerance, so you increase the dose, etc.

I, myself, haven't really abstained from, or cut back my usage in a while, because I have a sort of system to keep my tolerance in check. Not to mention, I have a rather addictive personality, and a predisposition to substance abuse through genetics, which I have largely curbed through the sole use of marijuana (although admittedly, when I was younger I was rather reckless in my drug use), that and I love routine. Vaping a bowl at the end (or middle) of the day is something I simply look forward and motivates me as well;

"I can make it through 5 more hours of work with a positive attitude, if I just remember, I'm getting h-h-h-high afterward."

"I'm going to put in an extra 2 hours of study time instead of getting high now so that I can feel better about myself and comprehension of the subject, and have a more appreciable and accomplish vape-session after acing the midterm."

Usually when I have weed, I vape just about every day, (some days, all day) but if one keeps in mind that most THC has 'left your body' (metabolites still remain) within 24 hrs, you can space out your sessions more to 'clear your palate', so to speak.

An easy way to accomplish this, but still get high, which, take it as you will, but has worked for me, is when you actually run out of bud, assuming you save your AVB, vape that.

It has low THC levels, but because your vaping it at a higher temperature to produce vapor more CBDs and CBNs are released. So it makes sense to me*, that just cutting back, both in the form of using AVB sparingly, when needed/desired, for a solid week is almost as effective as maybe a day or two break.

Maybe after this sack is gone, just stick with puffin on duff for 3-5 days like I do, not only will your desire to get high go down, because well, duff puff ain't that pleasant, but when you do get high, your not saturating your mind in 'goodness', even if your vaping it for for hours at a time. When a new bag is eventually acquired, you still get blown away. It's tried and true and has works for me every time.

*I am no scientist, but I did just vape a bunch of kief and just ate some tapioca pudding.

SpiralArchitect,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
check out the major drug boards if you find yourself in a pinch, im sure there are thousands of posts about this
Yes, Marijuana.com has an excellent Drug Testing sub-forum, with loads of information and helpful people who are actually in the drug testing business or have serious experience and knowledge. It's arguably one of the best resources for drug testing on the web.

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
Great posts everyone. I'm reading each going, yup thats me, yup I do that too ... oh and that as well :lol: This is an oustanding community due to its like minded members who come from different corners of society and the world.

Purple-Days said:
Ever had the seed smoking headache? Yeah, scraping goo from pipes and hacking like hell on stems. If it's there I'm in...
I have done the pipe/bong scrape to many times. And have been left with a pretty sore unpleasnt head for days afterwards. Whip hash on the other hand is nothing like resin scraping. It doesn't even stick to your hands leaving that horrible black goo. Vapping is just better from all angles!

Spiral said:
I have a rather addictive personality
Both me and the wife are like this so niether of us are very good at saying no.

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
I, myself, haven't really abstained from, or cut back my usage in a while, because I have a sort of system to keep my tolerance in check. Not to mention, I have a rather addictive personality, and a predisposition to substance abuse through genetics, which I have largely curbed through the sole use of marijuana (although admittedly, when I was younger I was rather reckless in my drug use), that and I love routine. Vaping a bowl at the end (or middle) of the day is something I simply look forward and motivates me as well;

"I can make it through 5 more hours of work with a positive attitude, if I just remember, I'm getting h-h-h-high afterward."
dude you so nailed it, what i would do id this exact thing except i would only smoke on weekends, i would make an eighth last a month and still feel great
this is mostly how i discovered its medicinal benefits, i was really chill the entire week and found great motivation to do schoolwork that i didnt have before

Acolyte of Zinglon,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
2 things:

1 -- sleeping is hard for me when getting cleaned up, so waking up early and exercising helps me to sleep when I'm not vaping. Gotta do enough to be tired when 9pm rolls around.

2 -- I know someone who quits things by not really quitting them. She tells herself she's not going to do it tonight, but tomorrow instead. Then tomorrow she tells herself the same thing. And so on until it is not a struggle anymore. This way it doesn't seem like this huge quitting issue.

stickstones,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
I have taken the bud I'd have left and stuck it in a lock box. That should accurately represent haveing none in the house. SprialArchitect had a great suggestion. I'm going to vape the duff and the spice diamond I have left for the time being. If an attack happens, then I'll vape a "real" bowl. I'll have an emergency bowl in the car at work since that is where most of my attacks take place.

I notice the sleeping problems a lot when I'm out, so I'm sure it will be murder over an extended period of time. I do think I'm vapeing way too much, but like was said...If it is medicine, then I can't just give it up. I have picked up a nerve tonic that is all natural, but I think I'll look into what vaporcloud was tlaking about. Self Hypnosis. Never really heard or tried it, so I'm interested.

As for the future job problem...I was a fat person, and still have a good amount to go to be called skinny. I'm not giving up my exercising, and in fact like stickstones said...I'm going to use it to replace my cravings. One question about the metabolism subject. If marijuana works with metabolism, and my metab is constantly evolving to a more efficiant state; Why does loosing weight effect me negatively when I need to remove traces of cannabis out of my system. If pot stays in my fat, and I'm loosing fat because of a faster metabolism...shouldn't the traces of MJ be leaving faster as well? Just wondering. I'm confused. AGAIN. :lol:

Well next monday will start my semi-sobriety. I'll definetly be looking through this thread in the future for advise.

Funny story about a detox program that doen't work...

Test for a manager position at an auto parts store in 3 days, and just blew through 2 grams of cocaine and a 1/8 of weed. My brilliant roommate said..."try working out while in trash bags, with the heat on, and drinking a bottle of vinegar each day." I gave it a shot. I dare anyone right now to take only a sip od white vinegar right now...I'll wait.

Are you done throwing up yet? Get a drink of water and a spoon full of peanut butter. :lol: HORRIBLE SHIT AINT IT!

Well needless to say it didn't work, but I lost like 10 pounds between the exercise and the vomitting. Don't waist your time with any of these methods.

BTW...This was pre-internet. No Google. Just wing it. ;)

DD

DigitalDavinci,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
but I think I'll look into what vaporcloud was tlaking about. Self Hypnosis. Never really heard or tried it, so I'm interested.
Self Hypnosis was a great help to me several years ago when I was conming off 15 years of shiftwork and trying to settle into a 9-5 job. My sleep was totally up the creek and I was lucky to be getting 2 hours of sleep a night ... and I was on a weed break!

The whole process of self hypnosis (as taught to me anyway) was about diss-association. Learning to relax and remove whatever is bothering you or stopping you from sleeping coz your thinking too much. I learnt a technique that allowed me to completely free my mind of everything and allow only good thoughts to come into it. Worked a treat and is great for stress release.

Doesn't work for everyone ... you need to have a decent imagination ... and mine is turbo charged! And these days I am in a much better place, kicked the shiftwork blues and my marriage and family life is now better than at any other time so I sleep well and have little need for hypnosis.

vaporcloud,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
Yo cloud...I would love to hear more about the hypnosis thing. My wife has trouble sleeping because her mind is always wandering. Doobage is not good to her, but tequila is! But if that hypnosis worked for you I'd like to look into it. Where do I start?

stickstones,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
DD, or anyone for that matter, if your having troubles sleeping, you should try melatonin. It regulates your 'circadian rhythms'. I use to be a hardcore insomniac but once I started taking it (it's OTC, 100% safe synthetic naturally occurring chemical) I have slept like angel... and now I can skip it every once and a while because I'm in a natural cycle, which is oh so wonderful. That and my dreams have been *crazy vivid*, especially if I go to sleep freshly buzzed. I have dreams that are so lifelike and (sometimes tantalizing) I almost never want to wake up. :brow:

SpiralArchitect,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
stickstones said:
Yo cloud...I would love to hear more about the hypnosis thing. My wife has trouble sleeping because her mind is always wandering. Doobage is not good to her, but tequila is! But if that hypnosis worked for you I'd like to look into it. Where do I start?
Heres a thread for ya in the vapor lounge

vaporcloud,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
SpiralArchitect said:
DD, or anyone for that matter, if your having troubles sleeping, you should try melatonin. It regulates your 'circadian rhythms'. I use to be a hardcore insomniac but once I started taking it (it's OTC, 100% safe synthetic naturally occurring chemical) I have slept like angel... and now I can skip it every once and a while because I'm in a natural cycle, which is oh so wonderful. That and my dreams have been *crazy vivid*, especially if I go to sleep freshly buzzed. I have dreams that are so lifelike and (sometimes tantalizing) I almost never want to wake up. :brow:
i second melatonin, but dont get 3mg pills, thats way too much and will create a tolerance, go with 0.3mg pills or if you cant find those, 1mg

also benadryl (diphenhydramine) is a good sleep aid, the two work well together

Acolyte of Zinglon,

SpiralArchitect

? & beyond
From wiki

Melatonin is a naturally occurring hormone found in most sea horses and other animals, including humans, and some other living organisms, including algae.[1] Circulating levels vary in a daily cycle, and melatonin is important in the regulation of the circadian rhythms of several biological functions.[2] Many biological effects of melatonin are produced through activation of melatonin receptors,[3] while others are due to its role as a pervasive and powerful antioxidant[4] with a particular role in the protection of nuclear and mitochondrial DNA.[5]

The use of melatonin as a drug can entrain (synchronize) the circadian clock to environmental cycles and can have beneficial effects for treatment of certain insomnias. Its therapeutic potential may be limited by its short biological half-life, poor bioavailability, and the fact that it has numerous non-specific actions.[6] In recent studies though, prolonged release melatonin has shown good results in treating insomnia.[7]

Products containing melatonin have been available as a dietary supplement in the United States since 1993,[8] and met with good consumer acceptance and enthusiasm.[9] However, over-the-counter sales remain illegal in many other countries including some members of the European Union and New Zealand,[10] and the U.S. Postal Service lists melatonin among items prohibited by Germany.[11]

SpiralArchitect,

DigitalDavinci

Vapohaulic
Can I get these at any health food store/pharmacy? OR just the stuff I find on line. I kind of like to see the establishment of where my pills are comming from if I'm ingesting them. If possible of course.

DigitalDavinci,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
pretty much any drug store will have them, theyre common otc dietary supplements, and theyre all subject to fda regulations

Acolyte of Zinglon,

josh

Purple-Days said:
I go along with three days being the jitters stage.
That;s what I am experiencing today on day 3. I've been laid off for almost 10 months now and cannot find a good job, but since Congress doesn't seem to want to pass any more unemployment extensions I am thinking that if I get clean it may better my chances of finding something. Probably ass backwards logic since I haven't gotten a call in the last 10 months regardless of my mj use, but who knows. Anyway I am on day 3 now and am going crazy. The first couple days weren't so bad, but today my mind and heart keeps racing and I can't seem to concentrate on anything. This really sucks. Hopefully it will get better next week.

josh,

WhispOfVapor

Lots of exercise at day, not too late though, works fine for me for both sleeping & quitting. Also for sleeping a big cup of (strong) chamomile tea and maybe reading a book. Avoid internet and TV late at night.

WhispOfVapor,
Top Bottom