Good precise whip vape suggestions

crumped

My buddy who turned me unto vaping likes to measure to stuff. He does it for a living.

He used an arizer xtreme (sp?). I liked it -- no visible smoke, almost tasteless. But effective.

The plastic bag though, apart from being ridiculous, is not going to work for me. I have a family in the house, I need something that is not like a hot air balloon.

I understand that I probably cannot get the same precision with a whip as with forced blowing. But, is there a vape design that is recognized as being good at delivering a constant temp at a constant temp?

Thanks in advance.

crumped,

Nycdeisel

You get more precision when you do the work and not a computerized fan :lol:

There are other types of vaporizers besides whips.

Regarding whip vaporizers: The BEST whip type vapes out there are the DBV and the SSV, both made by 7th Floor.

In addition, the vapor from a whip is much more concentrated then the vapor from a bag.
Bag vapes have a much higher air to vapor ratio

Nycdeisel,

crumped

"delivering a constant temp at a constant temp?"

God damn. That's the kind of careless crap I hate doing when I am stoned. Temp / Distance was what I intended to write.

I'll blame it on the reggae in the background.

mod note: We have an edit button if you need to make a correction in a post.

crumped,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
The only one I can think of right now is the AroMed 4.0. It's precise and can definitely deliver the effective stuff in a consistent and controlled way, with little visible vapor if you want- I think it fits the bill for you.

It's not cheap though.

WatTyler,

crumped

Thanks Wat. I've noticed you make some very helpful posts.

The AroMed looks brilliant, but it's not for me, as it would be hard to explain $500 to the wife, and hard to explain to junior why he cannot play with Daddy's steampunk looking laboratory device.

If I added unobtrusive looking and reasonably priced to the aforementioned "precise" qualifier, would it change anybody's opinon?

crumped,

WatTyler

Revolting Peasant
Do you need variable temp?

If you're happy with a fixed temp (190 C) you can get some fairly constant temps (at least with regards to the upper temp limit, which I'm assuming is what you're most concerned about?) with the Log vapes, or even an Iolite. They're also stealthy and easy to hide from prying eyes. Both restricted direct draw rather than whips though.

WatTyler,

SD_haze

crumped said:
Thanks Wat. I've noticed you make some very helpful posts.

The AroMed looks brilliant, but it's not for me, as it would be hard to explain $500 to the wife, and hard to explain to junior why he cannot play with Daddy's steampunk looking laboratory device.

If I added unobtrusive looking and reasonably priced to the aforementioned "precise" qualifier, would it change anybody's opinon?

sounds like everythings pointed to a log vape =]

Under $200
Stealthy
Fixed but stable temp
Efficient :D

SD_haze,

crumped

I am cool with a fixed temp, so long as it is fixed at the correct temp. ;)

The correct temp (to my mind) is the one that burns off the maximum amount of THC and the minimum amount of soot and the gazillion other psychoactive chemicals in the herb. I have always believed that this was the maximum temp that showed almost no visible smoke (or vapor).

I am guessing I could achieve this "correct" temp by modifying the draw rate on a log vape with a fixed temp? But, the less skill required by me to achieve consistency, the happier I am.

crumped,

Nycdeisel

Of course its fixed to the right temp! :p how else would it work with no controls? Silly!

You wouldnt want to burn anything, or even come close to too high of a temperature(which could only be achieved by insulating the unit or using a different type of power cord, but these things could damage the unit, as they're designed to stay at a certain equilibrium of sorts regarding temperature). THC is available more at the lower temperatures, high VAPORIZING temperatures bring out other cannabinoids(which compliment the THC, and you can not single out certain chemicals).

When you VAPORize, there is no SMOKE, thats what separates US from the people who burn and combust this precious herb. However, with some vaporizers it is possible to accidentally scorch/combust/burn your herb, but not with the logs! The temperature is set so its literally IMPOSSIBLE to combust, while releasing the actives you want!

FYI, EVERY vaporizer has a learning curve. they do differ from vape to vape. The logs are extremely simple! You only experiment with grind, dryness of herbal material, packing technique, and breathing technique. The adjust of temperature settings is taken completely out of the equation, the vapor is controlled by the factors I just mentioned.

good luck!

Nycdeisel,

max

Out to lunch
The correct temp (to my mind) is the one that burns off the maximum amount of THC and the minimum amount of soot and the gazillion other psychoactive chemicals in the herb.
A log vape should get you the temp you're looking for. You won't get soot from any vape if you're just getting vapor. Soot's a combustion product. I'd think you'd want a good deal of the other cannabinoids available though. Another nice thing about a log vape is that it can serve as an essential oil diffuser. Get some copper end caps of the appropriate size, or use what's provided with the vape and without the vapor stems around, it's a legit diffuser and nobody will question it. And a log vape is great for stretching your supply.

I am guessing I could achieve this "correct" temp by modifying the draw rate on a log vape with a fixed temp? But, the less skill required by me to achieve consistency, the happier I am.
A log vape has a heat exchanger to maintain temp, so draw speed isn't as big a factor as with a model that depends on the heating element to regain vaping temp.

max,
Top Bottom