• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gold Mist - THC Sublingual Spray

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Just picked this up today at Canna Culture in San Jose. Its from the same people that make the PureGold concentrate and the Gold Caps (gel caps) edibles. Its a sub-lingual spray that is cinnamon flavored. Advertised as effects in 1-3 minutes. Last 1-2 hours with effects similar to smoking.

Just tried it this afternoon and it certainly works. It feels pretty potent and effective. Seems like a sativa. $40 for 3ml spray bottle.

Below is an image next to the Omicron portable vaporizer and a Sharpie marker for comparison purposes.

More comments after I get to use it a bit more. Very new on the market. Never seen anything like this. Very concentrated stuff. I took 5 squirts and I am very well medicated currently.

Ingredients are: Everclear, Cannabis extract, and cinnamon extract for flavor.

Gold_Mist.jpg

ru_frothi,

SD_haze

Doesn't that everclear burn your mouth?

Every product like that I've tried, be it alcohol or glycerin or whatever, always had an uncomfortable burn and never a pleasant taste left in the mouth.
I'd much rather eat a delicious desert like a brownie or something more exotic (recently made oreo stuffed cookies)
:2c:

Seems like it might give you THC breath too?

Still, never seen a tincture in a spray bottle, neato!

SD_haze,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
SD_haze said:
Doesn't that everclear burn your mouth?

Every product like that I've tried, be it alcohol or glycerin or whatever, always had an uncomfortable burn and never a pleasant taste left in the mouth.
I'd much rather eat a delicious desert like a brownie or something more exotic (recently made oreo stuffed cookies)
:2c:

Seems like it might give you THC breath too?

Still, never seen a tincture in a spray bottle, neato!

No it tastes like cinnamon breath spray. There is no burn. There is some numbing effect to the tongue. There is no odor at all other than cinnamon. Its totally undetectable IMO

There are no other products like this yet on the market. This is a very concentrated tincture made from a proprietary extraction and filtering techniques yields a very pure light gold oil which is pharma quality. Its tastes way better than any other tincture I have ever had and it hit me fast with only a tiny dosage.

If there is something else like this out there please let me know where I can get some so I can compare.

Right now in the South Bay (NorCal) this is exclusive to Canna Culture collective at the moment. They got 1/2 the initial batch from the manufacturer. I get down to SoCal fairly regularly.

ru_frothi,

hereatlast

rufrothy said:
made from a proprietary extraction and filtering techniques yields a very pure light gold oil which is pharma quality
I wanna hear about this if you can get some more info.

Thanks for sharing.

hereatlast,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
hereatlast said:
rufrothy said:
made from a proprietary extraction and filtering techniques yields a very pure light gold oil which is pharma quality
I wanna hear about this if you can get some more info.

Thanks for sharing.

The "Alto Pharma" guys don't have a web site. I had some hard copy marketing material that I went and looked for earlier that I picked up from them at the west coast cannabis expo. Unfortunately I seem to have thrown it away so I can't scan it in and post it. Their concentrate Pure Gold has been routinely lab tested (Steephill Labs) at 74-75% and their Gold Caps are the current benchmark of the industry around here in terms of a pharma quality product. The only concentrate I've ever seen lab tested higher than that is Nitro OG which is some kind of liquid nitrogen extract and ultra sonic filtering techniques.

Quote from Elemental Wellness about Pure Gold:

"Pure Gold 73.8% THC / 4.9% CBD $40 half gram BACK! Pure gold consists of only the pure cannabinoids refined from hash oil. Pure gold is not a regular oil. Pure Gold is made with a complex, scientific process that uses high heat, frigid cold and pressure to remove the hash oil contaminants. It's almost crystal clear, with no sediment."

PureGold Extract Pic (74% THC): (retail $80/g)
PureGold.jpg

Here's a pic of their gold caps:
Bottle2.jpg

and last but not least Nitro OG (79.7% THC): (retail $50/g)
OGNitroWax-1.jpg

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Stu said:
Do any dispensaries in SoCal have this yet?

Dunno. They had a HUGE booth at the west coast cannabis expo in SF back around a month ago. The rep said the product would be out to coops in 2-3 weeks. Guy today told me he had to negotiate hard to get 100 vials. Sounds like production is not fully ramped yet to satisfy their base. Look for coops that sell all 3 of their current products (PureGold and Gold Caps (2 different strengths)). According to alto pharma VP of sales, Those carriers of their full line will be getting this product first before others who only carry a partial line of their products.

I'll share more thoughts I use it more. So far the initial 5 squirts kept me medicated for over 2.5 hours and when I hit the omicron after that it seemed to kick it back in again. so far so good.....

ru_frothi,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
Nuphile said:
Based on the description, it seems like they are using a super critical CO2 extraction. I don't know much about this technique, but it seems to be able to produce the cleanest and strongest extract. Here are some links I have found about this technique if anyone is interested:

https://www.greenpassion.org/index.php?/topic/24094-super-critical-co2-extraction/
http://www.greenbridgemed.com/certified-cannabis-tinctures-3/

Cool stuff.... thanks. need to spend some more time reading.

ru_frothi,

SD_haze

My local dispensary sells super critical CO2 extracted oil and its just amazing. So pure and clean, a massive dab yields little to no coughing its ridiculous!

And expensive :p

Luckily they have a dab bar so you dont have to blow a whole gram

SD_haze,

jambolaya

So is the high just like smoking/ vaping? I tried a glycerin dropper but I didnt feel anything and I have a very low tolerance.
Also how many doses or sprays can you expect from a bottle?
thanks

jambolaya,

ru_frothi

Portable Vaporist
danielofski said:
So is the high just like smoking/ vaping? I tried a glycerin dropper but I didnt feel anything and I have a very low tolerance.
Also how many doses or sprays can you expect from a bottle?
thanks

So far not exactly but closer than other tinctures, not like glycerin for sure IMO. Haven't emptied the bottle yet and will let you know. Will post more in depth review after I have spent some time with it.

ru_frothi,

ilovebOObs

can i stick my male joint in there?
i tried this, didn't really do anything for me :(
took like 5-6 sprays, nothing but a bad taste in my mouth.

ilovebOObs,
just picked up one of these contraptions a few days ago, by this one spot just north of Pink's, off of Melrose. it was 40? I think, it was my first time so i got 20 percent off, the guy said there are 60 sprays to a bottle. 2 or 3 sprays was a nice chill sativa feel, definitely lopro. good to have when smoking is not allowed. it's like carrying a THC-binaca. Fresh breath and a fresh phase.

polishbean,

Kif-Kif

Nuphile said:
Based on the description, it seems like they are using a super critical CO2 extraction.

Hi there, decided I should chime in because I met the makers of "gold" products.

The technique used is fractional distillation, on a large scale. They have some expensive, fancy fractional distillation machine.

They make the gold oil extract then use that extraction to create the gold spray.

Fractional distillation is solvent-less, however they do have to use ether to wash the extract out of their machine, not sure how they purge the ether out, but Steep Hill labs tested their extract several times with finding no residual solvents at all.

My experience with the spray was hit-or-miss. Sometimes it worked nicely, other times the effect was lacking. I only tried a very early version of the spray in summer '11, so they may have made improvements by now.

Kif-Kif,

Twanbiz

Hi, got one of these from sac dispensary that is noted on tetra lab site for having Their products. I want to take it on a plane, it certainly doesn't smell and I would think i could just put it in my carry on with other liquids what u guys think?

Twanbiz,

J.R.R.Tokin'

Wych Doctor
Manufacturer
Just a thought - can you get the name Goldmist off the tube? That would help for a start, then I'd probably, carefully, dab a little aftershave on the bottom for scent. Then if they enquire palm it off as scent atomizer.

J.R.R.Tokin',

SD_haze

Sneaking a little vial of golden liquid onto a plane? :ko:

I feel like other types of edibles would be easier. Cookies and whatnot; normal to get some cookies and bring em home!

SD_haze,

Nuphile

Non-Smoker
Kif-Kif said:
Nuphile said:
Based on the description, it seems like they are using a super critical CO2 extraction.

Hi there, decided I should chime in because I met the makers of "gold" products.

The technique used is fractional distillation, on a large scale. They have some expensive, fancy fractional distillation machine.

Thanks for chiming in. This sounds like a very cool method!

Nuphile,

kertong

*please delete me*
Just tried this - got myself one of the $36 vials.

Came home, did 6 quick sprays. I felt the effects noticeably - with other glycerin tinctures I never noticed. But with this, definitely noticeable - not "knock you off your socks" strong, but it's definitely there. I'd def. recommend this for the first time sublingual experimenter, skip the glycerin tinctures!

The only bad is how quickly the liquid seems to disappear! I did about 4 ore sprays and I was, on a 1-10 scale, 10 being medicated out of my mind, I'd say it got me to a 4 or 5. I killed almost half the vial in a 15 min. sitting. I feel like I could kill the whole thing in a day, but I'm saving the other half for tomorrow for a cirque de soleil showing... should come in handy for that :D

edit: Ok, I ended up taking another 10 sprays. I definitely feel a rough patch under my tongue, not nearly as bad when I would put my homemade everclear + abv tincture under my tongue and it would get white/rough/patchy, haha. It's not really all that noticeable. I'm at a 7 or so on the 10 scale now, but I also took a few puffs off the omicron so it's not really an accurate measure of potency.

Overall, I feel this $36 for what you get is pretty expensive, especially moreso if you have a tolerance - it is a luxury, not really a daily bread and butter item for the daily mmj user like myself. I do understand it uses some intricate processes though so I understand the cost.. gotta pay to play i guess! after the 10 sprays, the vial is at ~40%. They claim 60 sprays but I feel like I'll get more like 40. I'm not keeping 100% accurate count so there's def. a fudge factor, but time will tell!

kertong,
Top Bottom