• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

Gnome or Vaponic/VapoCane?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bananiq

OO: One thing you must be aware that you heat the heating element to much higher temperature than the one that reaches the herb. In case of flame powered, the metal is heated above 250 degree celsius, where low-temp oxidation begins at 300. Glass Vapo-Bowl heating element isnt even pure stainless steel I would say. Mine collapsed after extensive heating and I can confirm the flaking. I did posted pictures of the broken vapo-bowl hat but somehow there is no this thread anymore. (I don't mean the one in ask FC section).
The airpath IS altered by metal. The bor. glass should not release anything up to the 1000 degrees.
You are right that gn0me has bigger surface area, that's why it can retain heat better than Vapocane / VG / Vapo-bowl. It is also heated indirectly so you dont inhale burned fuel. Vapocane can be heated indirectly too but I find this less effective than with gn0me for you need bigger torch and longer pre-heat. with gn0me slider I used our kitchen toaster as a heater (see the gn0mes thread) so its quite effective:) to sum up:

gn0me - pure airpath, all-glass, good heat retain,
vapo-bowl - non qual. metal source, direct method (you inhale burned fuel)
vapocane - pure airpath, all- glass, bad heat retain
VG - bad quality ceramic element (see glass VG thread), direct method

Bananiq,
with gn0me slider I used our kitchen toaster as a heater (see the gn0mes thread) so its quite effective:)
That's so cool :D

to sum up:

gn0me - pure airpath, all-glass, good heat retain,
vapo-bowl - non qual. metal source, direct method (you inhale burned fuel)
vapocane - pure airpath, all- glass, bad heat retain
VG - bad quality ceramic element (see glass VG thread), direct method

Thanks for that. Though I haven't made the purchase yet, I've all but decided on the Gn0me.

kingofnull,

vorrange

Vapor.wise
That's so cool :D

Thanks for that. Though I haven't made the purchase yet, I've all but decided on the Gn0me.

Have you check the funnel gn0me? It's the new design by Calen, i think it will be the best gn0me so far although i haven't tried it yet.

vorrange,

Bananiq

Why is it bad quality? Sounds like an oxymoron to me...

I am sorry providing such closed statement, however it is based on facts. I have had 2 Glass Vaporgenies, and the ceramic element was leaving soot and small particles after some time of use. The overall size of element was kind of smaller and loosened in the VG top. There were other people who claimed "shrinking" VG Element. Please see my post in VG threads and you can find also other people confirming this. I know that VG is popular on FC, I was too excited about VG before. IMHO it is very convenient vape, but sorry, I don't want to inhale small ceramic particles. Nevertheless, I also lose faith in VG company after I made a wholesale inquiry and they did not send me a free VG as they promised. If there is gn0me around, I don't have any right to recommend VG products. Thanks

Bananiq,

SSVUN~YAH

You Must Unlearn, What You Have Learned...
Cool thanks, have you had any use with the VG coil?

SSVUN~YAH,

Bananiq

YW. No I havent tried VG Coil, but since all VGs have the same ceramic element, I am not so interested in that even though VG Coil seems a bit more versatile.

Bananiq,

max

Out to lunch
Bananiq said:
the ceramic element was leaving soot and small particles after some time of use
The Genie doesn't have a heating element. The lighter provides the heat. The ceramic is just a filter to absorb the the heat from the flame and pass it on. The only way to avoid soot buildup is to use a torch lighter, since all regular lighters produce soot. You really should get a good understanding of how a vape works before you put it down.

max,

vaporonly

living in a van down by the river
OO: One thing you must be aware that you heat the heating element to much higher temperature than the one that reaches the herb. In case of flame powered, the metal is heated above 250 degree celsius, where low-temp oxidation begins at 300. Glass Vapo-Bowl heating element isnt even pure stainless steel I would say. Mine collapsed after extensive heating and I can confirm the flaking. I did posted pictures of the broken vapo-bowl hat but somehow there is no this thread anymore. (I don't mean the one in ask FC section).
The airpath IS altered by metal. The bor. glass should not release anything up to the 1000 degrees.
You are right that gn0me has bigger surface area, that's why it can retain heat better than Vapocane / VG / Vapo-bowl. It is also heated indirectly so you dont inhale burned fuel. Vapocane can be heated indirectly too but I find this less effective than with gn0me for you need bigger torch and longer pre-heat. with gn0me slider I used our kitchen toaster as a heater (see the gn0mes thread) so its quite effective:) to sum up:

stainless steel or even aluminum won't release anything up to that temp either. The melting point of stainless steel and borosilicate is roughly the same. The drawbacks of glass as heat exchanger is that it is has poor thermal conductivity. It might surprise some people to learn that even dry earth has better thermal conductivity then b glass.

are you sure the gnome has more surface area then the vapocane?

I don't know what the vapo-bowl is made of but even bor glass can melt under extensive heating.

I'm not trying to ruffle any feathers, but personally i think that metals in vapes get an undeserved bad rap. (sub-par offerings of questionable material don't help with the perceptions of metals)

vaporonly,

Vapodudule

As the most would vote for Gnome or vapocane, i vote vaponic.

This device can be used with water path and is a really compact and advanced technology.

Go to see vaporizando video with it

Vapodudule,

Bananiq

The Genie doesn't have a heating element. The lighter provides the heat. The ceramic is just a filter to absorb the the heat from the flame and pass it on. The only way to avoid soot buildup is to use a torch lighter, since all regular lighters produce soot. You really should get a good understanding of how a vape works before you put it down.

lol thanks for pointing out that the lighter provides the heat for the flame powered vape. Anyways I always use torch. Even though I mislabeled the VG's ceramic element instead of "filter" (I am sorry, non native engl. speaker), I stand behind what I stated. The element was shrinking both times I bought glass vg leaving small particles after I took it out. Other people claimed this too in the VG threads. But this is not VG thread so please do your research and dont try to discredit other people's experience just because you dont think so.

Vaporonly: that's true about steel being better at thermal conductivity properties than b glass. However if you consider the torch lighter's burning temperature and the fact that oxidation begins at much lower temperature than melting point, the steel is not particulary ideal material for flame powered vape. Just saying this after having 2 different metal vapes. This of course does not apply for log style / non-flame powered vapes because the steel element is not exposed to extreme temperatures and is heated to certain degree without overheating.
Thanks to gn0me's ripples, the heating surface is bigger. Even though glass poorly retains heat, the airflow in gn0me is streamlined and the ripples provide very good ability to transfer heat from the glass to the air stream. Instead, Vapocane has no ripples so the heat is not transferred so well.

I have never used Vaponic but it is made by Vapocane guys and it is maybe better than Vapobong but in the thread people complain that it is easy to burn the load and excessive conduction process. Maybe someone has different opinion, Vapodudule have you tried Vaponic?

Bananiq,

grokit

well-worn member
So I just tried out my Vapocane B for the first time, and I must say that I'm impressed. It's a very good option for one's waterpipe during power outages.

The B version is cheaper Chinese glass but since I didn't need a torch that's the one I got. From what I have read just don't overheat it especially the very tip or it could seal.

I took that advice and it worked perfectly the first time right out of the gate; perfect avb in only two hits and they were good ones with nice thick vapor. I don't know about a daily driver but for power outages it's awesome!
:clap:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom