Globe vs Cube vs Other Glass

PhilosoStoner

Hey, so hopefully there isn't a thread asking this already. I recently got a mini globe to tide me over after breaking my main piece (RIP). Despite its size it's fun and does the job. Got me wondering whether a globe would interest me in the future. I'm concerned about the glass tipping over. There are of course cages to stop this, though I don't see many around the UK, and I know I'd spend a bunch of money trying to find one perfect for me, which is both a good and bad thing lol

Then there are cubes. No need to worry about it tipping over, looks cool. But is there any difference in how it feels and performs?

What do you think? Feel free to send suggestions beyond those two

PhilosoStoner,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
I don't have a cube, but my globe with a matrix perc is by far my least favorite glass piece. It's thin glass. The perc swallows all the flavor and I feel like it only cools okay.

However if you like the globe, you'll probably like the cube.

If you are looking for other good inexpensive recommendations, you should have a look at the cheap glass thread (read backwards):

My favorite piece from that thread is my TAG 9" donut:

Although I got that on sale for a lot less. Maybe for 7/10 they will have a sale?

My current favorite pieces are from Cloud Connoisseur. The best dry piece is the Prophet:
https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Prophet-dry-rig-c144510772 . The Protege and the Vertex are both also great and very different from each other.

Last edited:

PhilosoStoner

I don't have a cube, but my globe with a matrix perc is by far my least favorite glass piece. It's thin glass. The perc swallows all the flavor and I feel like it only cools okay.

However if you like the globe, you'll probably like the cube.

If you are looking for other good inexpensive recommendations, you should have a look at the cheap glass thread (read backwards):

My favorite piece from that thread is my TAG 9" donut:

Although I got that on sale for a lot less. Maybe for 7/10 they will have a sale?

My current favorite pieces are from Cloud Connoisseur. The best dry piece is the Prophet:
https://cloud-connoisseur.company.site/Prophet-dry-rig-c144510772 . The Protege and the Vertex are both also great and very different from each other.
Thanks for the recommendations, they look cool! Especially the pieces from Cloud Connoisseur :love:

Bologna

(zombie) Woof.
I had a Sneaky Pete showerhead mini-globe for a few years until it literally just fell apart... it was ok for less than $40 but I wouldn't buy another.

Then I got this American made one (on sale 30% off :tup:) 4/20/21 and it's been an awesome, very versatile/stable, easy to clean piece. Highly recommend:
s320602492962714128_p13_i5_w2560.jpeg

It'll probably be 20% off 7/10 (oil day)...

Edit: and if you do like it or want to buy one, they'll trade out the bowl with any of their bangers and they'll make em without logos etc... just ask.

Last edited:

howie105

Hey, so hopefully there isn't a thread asking this already. I recently got a mini globe to tide me over after breaking my main piece (RIP). Despite its size it's fun and does the job. Got me wondering whether a globe would interest me in the future. I'm concerned about the glass tipping over. There are of course cages to stop this, though I don't see many around the UK, and I know I'd spend a bunch of money trying to find one perfect for me, which is both a good and bad thing lol

Then there are cubes. No need to worry about it tipping over, looks cool. But is there any difference in how it feels and performs?

What do you think? Feel free to send suggestions beyond those two
I have both and prefer the globe to the cube, but the advantages are marginal given my usage. A suggestion, if I may, consider applying a thin layer of silicone sealer or adhesive to the bottom of the glass piece, it really reduces sliding.

runnerguy1987

I only have a mini globe and the regular and mega cubes, so can’t comment on any of the other globe versions.

I really like both of the cubes for different reasons, and the price was great. There’s a cube bundle for $105 from VGoodiez, but it’s a US store, unsure about international shipping.

Both cubes are heavy and are made of pretty thick glass. I use the whip attachment with both, and while the regular sized cube does move when filled, it’s definitely manageable. The mega cube doesn’t move unless I move it, even when I use it with my Dynavap and a low water volume.

The mega globe is definitely a desktop piece, and while the cube can be picked up to use handheld, it’s not as comfortable as the globe shape.

Wish I could help compare the two types for you, but figured I’d at least give my thoughts about the cubes. Good luck 👍

ChronPain86

Is a globe with a sphere or matrix Perc better? Or what are you user opinions on the 2 different style of percs?

Thanks in advance!

Last edited:
ChronPain86,

howie105

I have both, but based on water and vapor interaction, I have no preference for either. Performance is just too close for my insensitive senses to differentiate.

SixStringToker

Naked member
I'm not a huge fan of any of the manufactured globes that I've tried, but I do love my lab flasks:

51677739550_67afe162bb_k_d.png
20230729_215613.png

Relatively inexpensive to put together and the performance is awesome and completely customizable from fizzy to bone-rattling chug via different downstems. That's the 500ml; there's also a 250ml that works quite well.

Flask: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0789FZFFD/
Crystal Ball Stand: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08F2Q75WM/

I use 2-part epoxy resin to attach the flasks to the crystal ball stands.

Last edited:

Curious Gorilla

Sounds like something smells purple.
The Herborizer Sphere has a decent built in stand, its on the large side but the perc is a simple 4 hole at the end of the down stem, tastes great, huge volume of water or air ,particularly nice with a whip. It is increadibly stable. And its very easy to clean. I use coffee grinds left from fresh coffee. the perc holes are big enough for it to not get jammed up. Its about 12.5 cm diameter.
Down sides, the glass is a little thin, but had it a year and not bust it yet, was my main piece for 6 months,
Its other down side- Its kinda noisy. Big chug. This can be toned down putting it on a matt of some sort(thick cork, then a silicne mat) in my case) and using less water.
Its a little more than other globes, price has gone up since a year ago, but its under the import tax limit for uk.

body-sphere.jpg

SixStringToker's set up is sweet, tho specialy with the base glued to the flask !
I'm not a huge fan of any of the manufactured globes that I've tried, but I do love my lab flasks:
Then I got this American made one (on sale 30% off :tup:) 4/20/21 and it's been an awesome, very versatile/stable, easy to clean piece.

They also have a similar piece to the nice Gooroo Bologna mentions above.....I think its the same as the ehlle PowerTower but with a built in downstem with a free flowing 4 hole perc. Think i prefere the GooRoo tho...
body-bubbler.jpg
products-de-ehle-power-tower-body.jpg

In theory a globe looses less midicinal compounds on the walls, the least surface area to volume.

Been using smaller rigs for the most part lately.
Need to get the globe out again. The herborizer ti can stay in the draw.

Last edited:

ChronPain86

Is there such a glass piece like a globe or cube bong with a removable percolator? Or a glass piece you can buy and choose which Perc you want? I tried searching, but with these concussion symptoms my brain is foggy and can't concentrate long or I am just googling the wrong words as I can't find what I am trying to describe...

Thanks again for all your input, man this site has been so helpful to me I would be even more lost without the help and suggestions you all have....all while being nice and responding to my simple basic inquiries.

Much appreciated everyone!!

20230729_215613.png

Relatively inexpensive to put together and the performance is awesome and completely customizable from fizzy to bone-rattling chug via different downstems. That's the 500ml; there's also a 250ml that works quite well.

That is brilliant! Would you be so kind as to expand what parts you sourced to get to that? I would like to make something similar to use with a Solo 2 and a whip.

feralcomprehension

Qualified Observer

20230729_215613.png

Like. What are you doing for downstems?

Curious Gorilla

Is there such a glass piece like a globe or cube bong with a removable percolator? Or a glass piece you can buy and choose which Perc you want? I tried searching, but with these concussion symptoms my brain is foggy and can't concentrate long or I am just googling the wrong words as I can't find what I am trying to describe...

Thanks again for all your input, man this site has been so helpful to me I would be even more lost without the help and suggestions you all have....all while being nice and responding to my simple basic inquiries.

Much appreciated everyone!!
Doesnt have a removeable perc but you can get a similar globe to sneaky petes in the UK at RecommendedVapeSupplies,
also does Cubes.
You can get 2 neck round bottom flasks on amazon UK and ali.Ex.
SixStringToker's mouthpice is going to work particularly well, from the look of it, the curve helps with cooling and the bulbous mouth piece bit gives a boost to the draw speed. Like using your cheeks puffed out to give a blowpipe more pressure, but in reverse, if i am correct. The mouthpiece seems to change how things work quite a bit, iv'e found.

20230729_215613.png

If you dont go for the scientific round bottom flask, It can be worth getting a small low cost traditional beaker bong or straight tube that takes different down stems, get some with different style percolators, - straight slit, little holes, plain straight tube, shower head percs, theres also 4 shooter downstems, so you can compare the different percs,
Could also be worth comparing different joint sizes, both 18mm and 14.5mm.
Give you an idea of different performance before comitting to a more expensive piece. Its worth taking some time to experiment, if you enjoy it.
But you end up with alot of
G A S, or alot of Glass.
Or both.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
Is there such a glass piece like a globe or cube bong with a removable percolator? Or a glass piece you can buy and choose which Perc you want?

These are modular glass pieces, where you can remove jointed mouthpieces and or perc downstems, if you search with that term and fuck combustion you will find a lot of options actually (I'm not such a fan of the cube or orb shape personally too much volume and I don't like those matrix percs for vaping either)

This^ is a great all-around option for vaping now, I prefer it without the ash catch, they do have alternative perc styles and are going to add more in the future to choose from... This one is 18 mm and it is similar to the GooRoo HD3 (though it is a bit smaller, basically between that and the regular 14mm GooRoo 3piece bubbler)

ChronPain86

is there a globe or cube that has a removable drop in perc? Or a seller who offers you a choice of perc you want? I don't know anything about percs, read on them a bit but having a removable one seems like a smart choice for easier cleaning. I have a small compressor/submarine device and the small slits in the perc can be a pain to get clean at times so looking for something with more capacity and easier cleaning.

ChronPain86,

Grass Yes

Yes
Staff member
is there a globe or cube that has a removable drop in perc? Or a seller who offers you a choice of perc you want? I don't know anything about percs, read on them a bit but having a removable one seems like a smart choice for easier cleaning. I have a small compressor/submarine device and the small slits in the perc can be a pain to get clean at times so looking for something with more capacity and easier cleaning.
I don't know of a globe or cube that is modular like that, but I think the suggestion for other modular pieces is better anyway. I've had my eye on the Goo Roo 3 piece for a while.

I am not a fan of the globe style and I would suggest you explore the other options that might better meet your needs.

ChronPain86

I have a cheap China globe that was picked up at a gas station that has a removable down stem. Perhaps DHGate would be a good place to start looking.
dhgate frustrates me with searching...I will look again and see if there is something with a removable perc that interests my visually. Anything is probably better than what I got just want to get a good piece I will like and do what I want. I can't afford to go down the rabbit hole of collecting lots of glass pieces and only found 1 steel style beaker bong that was interesting how long it kept ice for and looked easy to clean but unsure if that is the direction i should or will go.

This is a tough choice! WAY too many options out there! Appreciate the feedback from everyone and their recommendations

ChronPain86,

davesmith

Glass Blower
great suggestions and feedback so far id just like to chime in and say that a cube is a horrible shape for glass to be and would never recommend non-round glass for funtionality.

That said i had a globe and hated it. (I now have a mobius nuc) but before that used a cheap matrix perc piece from vapefiend which was perfectly adaquate. Cost about £40 which made it competitive with dhgate and its still functional now. Yea the matrix perc robs a bit of flavour but you get good cooling.

Curious Gorilla

a smart choice for easier cleaning
5 litre jugs of isopropyl alchohol, lots of salt or bicarb, coffee grinds (depending on the grind and perc hole/sliit size) and dont get multi chamber multi perc bongs.
larger hole percs seem easier to clean.
Globes are very stable, and they will white wall easier than any other piece, but it is just visual. But are very easy to clean. Good for huge bowls and fat sessions.
Swiss faberge style percs and recyclers dirty up real quick but taste great. And tend to need ispropyl to clean easily.
Some percs have a very soft draw(sssffffffffffft), some have more of a chug(chugblubChugBlubchugBlub)
I find more chuggy simple percs can taste better , but it is personal preference, finding the right piece for 'You' can take a little while and some experimentation.

If I had the cash i would look at the Gooroo, but if your funds are tied up , this thing kicks. I do not believe you can get better for the money.

This is My faithfull backup. 2nd piece i bought, cost £20 and its still one of my favourites, needs a double female adaptor tho.
It is reasonably thick glass, takes a knock , tastes great, not to hard to clean. Its always been what i reach for to compare other pieces to.
https://www.amazon.co.uk/Recycler-H...691322023&sprefix=turbine+bong,aps,162&sr=8-1

61cUz1saeWL._AC_SL1005_.jpg

I use it with a baller head.
Dont fill it past the disk by too much. It ratchets. And remember the double female adaptor if you get it for herb.
Having run it side by side with my herboriser globe, The green turbine is about to get washed for use, the globe is back in the cupboard.

Top Bottom