Globe trotting. Little help.

eideal852

Hello! New to vape pens, new to globes, to concentrates in general really. Been tearing across the internets, and like all good things, there is definitely a problem of too much information, instead of not enough!

TL;DR new to load as you go says and globes and pens in general. Any advice?

OK... Any way, I've been happily puffing along with some various prefilled carts -Dank tank (CE4 type ecig tank), and some no name prefilled sky walker cart (smaller) both 510threaded on an original evic I inherited from my buddy... So after talking with my brother about wanting to "smoke some of that 'too high' shit" (apparantly my original description of my only real dab experience) I've been looking at grabbing a little wax and a Globe tank or some other wax/oil specific tank (not committed enough for a real rig)

Knowing how so many of these pen companies are just relabeling and price adjusting standard Chinese parts, I grabbed a "Globe Tank" from a local smoke shop... Ceramic cup, wicked coil (I know, not ideal) glass globe. So. Loading the wax carefully into the ceramic cup; little booger ball of wax, sort of rest against ceramic edge and coil, globe it, fire it. Wax ball melts, smoke (vapor?) clouds, hit pulls...

So now for best practices: Do I hold button, let go, puff cloud? Or hold while I hit it straight through like with the carts (ecig stylee). How do I know when wax is gone? (Other than taste, I'm scared of ruining coil dry firing) If wick burns, visibly or to taste, is that it? Broken? Or just less tasty?

Finally, is this even vaping? Or just burning? Should I expect it to be easier on the lungs than toking a regular pipe load of herb? Or is it gonna sit in my chest and feel like pneumonia? Sorry for the questions, regular flower smoker for twenty years, but little to no concentrate experience, even less with vapes in general.

So, what do?
Eide

eideal852,
Top Bottom