Glassblowersdirect.com - Affordable quality glass

Steele Concept

Transformer Tubes
Manufacturer
Nice pics with the different setups Deadshort. The pax and this bub looks pretty freakin' portable for sure.

Steele Concept,

SD_haze

A slitted downstem inside a fat showerhead.... pregnant percolation!
:tup:

edit:
It came. I came (figuratively)

Taking pics

Here's my question:

If you can fit an 18mm downstem inside the showerhead, can you hook up the 18mm bowl to the showerhead downtube without the slitted downstem?

If so, thats some seriously nice versatility combined with the GonG mouthpiece fitting.

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist

edit:

Here's my question:

If you can fit an 18mm downstem inside the showerhead, can you hook up the 18mm bowl to the showerhead downtube without the slitted downstem?

If so, thats some seriously nice versatility combined with the GonG mouthpiece fitting.
YES. :D
I love this piece. I can also extend the mouthpiece easily as it's standard glass on glass (I'm 6'7 or so and bending over for everything isn't fun)

jambandphan03

in flavor country
Looks good!! Thanks for all the pics and vids. It percs about the way I was imagining it would the way it's shaped. My tracking is still stuck on depart Portland, I hope it gets here tomorrow.

jambandphan03,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Like to see a video without the downstem in there and water level about 1/4" above the top of the slits, if someone can oblige?

BigDaddyVapor,

VaphingApe415

edit:

Here's my question:

YES. :D
I love this piece. I can also extend the mouthpiece easily as it's standard glass on glass (I'm 6'7 or so and bending over for everything isn't fun)

-Hella pumped for my bub to get here now...But even super pumped that my SF Giants bout to win this World Series....Real Spill!

Like to see a video without the downstem in there and water level about 1/4" above the top of the slits, if someone can oblige?
-Second the motion...

Tweak

T\/\/34|<
FC logo:
dsc4184y.jpg

Water Level: 1/4" above slits
dsc2621p.jpg

dsc2611j.jpg

This is why I love the idea of a removable mouthpiece. My Vaborbrothes Hydrator had one but was not sturdy enough to trust with the weight of a hose + mouthpiece.
dsc2608i.jpg

A view from the top:
dsc2620b.jpg

Dry hit:
dsc2614i.jpg

And a vid:

Just as I'd hoped, this thing clears easy and fast, :tup:

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
This pic is a good illustration. I would like to see water video test(s), if someone would be so kind, starting from right about this point (this is probably closer to 1/8" though, 1/4" is probably the top edge of photo)

bubbler2028229-1.jpg

Anyone, por favor?

Nice touch, on the stamped downstem and that downstem is HUGE tubing. I would like to try a 12-16 hole perc downstem with this, or SYN showerhead downstem.

Also like to add, if I were someone sitting on the fence, from what I've seen (pics, video, quality of welds/seems/cuts)... I'd pull the trigger before this offer ends. Thankfully, there's still time.

EDIT: Thanks Tweak, that helps.

BF3808

^^^ BF3808

It looks like GBD (Glass blowers direct) is making these in batches to make shipping/packaging easier, at least the first orders. So my guess would be depends on how fast they are banging these out and how many they do in a batch.

Can't wait for it to get here, I need a new avatar, :D.

Thanks for the tip!

BF3808,

BF3808

You reported ordering on the 18th. I ordered on the 9th and didn't get a 'shipped' email until late in the day on the 22nd.

Thanks! Just wondering if the orders were sent by numbers or dates, that's all! I'm just anxious for my first bubbler:)

BF3808,

placetime

Thanks! Just wondering if the orders were sent by numbers or dates, that's all! I'm just anxious for my first bubbler:)
Don't forget that this is a brand new design. There was no stockpile of them when I posted those first pics--just the one prototype. My guess is that they're having to push really hard to meet the huge demand for this bubbler (including customization requests from a lot of people, I think). :nod:

It's hard to wait, I know. I myself lollygagged with making a decision about customization, and so I'm also currently waiting for mine to be completed/shipped. :lol:

Given the pics and comments we've seen so far, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :tup:
:peace:

deadc0ffee

Inquisitive vaporist
Don't forget that this is a brand new design. There was no stockpile of them when I posted those first pics--just the one prototype. My guess is that they're having to push really hard to meet the huge demand for this bubbler (including customization requests from a lot of people, I think). :nod:

It's hard to wait, I know. I myself lollygagged with making a decision about customization, and so I'm also currently waiting for mine to be completed/shipped. :lol:

Given the pics and comments we've seen so far, I'm sure it'll be worth the wait. :tup:
:peace:
Thanks again for setting this up, I love the design of this bubbler.

deadc0ffee,
Reactions: placetime

placetime

Thanks again for setting this up, I love the design of this bubbler.

I can't really take much credit for any of this. Lots of people helped with this design--all I did was email Sam and introduce him to the idea of an "FC Bubbler" and point him towards the threads where people were discussing it. Sam looked at all the different things people posted about what they wanted in an "FC Bubbler" and put it all together with his own spin/design. If you look at the different threads and the specs people were asking for, I think you'll find that Sam managed to work in just about everything for a reasonable price. :tup:

dibdab

does anyone know what the price will be once the sale is over?

Edit: Answered my own question, thanks

dibdab,

Fully Melted

It's OK to enjoy your medicine.
Can you feel the happiness in this thread? :) I wanted to get one of these bubs but 2 pieces in one week would have violated my parole, branded me a "glassaholic" and landed me in in the Duran Institute for schott treatments.

Keep the pics coming and enjoy!

Fully Melted,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
What I feel in this thread is Sam's workload just shot through the roof. :lol:

Good for him, he deserves a nice push into the holidays, for his work.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: placetime
Top Bottom