glass whip for vaporite hyper

Status
Not open for further replies.

R.I.P.

Hi!

I've been an owner of vaporite hyper (http://www.halfbakedgoods.net/vr-003.html) for about 6 months now and I must say I'm thrilled about vaporizing (it takes some time to get used too, but when you get there... :)).
The machine itself is pretty good, apart from the heating element, which I had to replace after less than 3 months (anyone else with the similar problem?).
The dry air and the particles that fell through the screen were bothering me, so I linked it with a bong and I must say... Water does wonders! :)

And now to my problem... The glass whip it came with wasn't much to begin with, but that doesn't matter now, because I've managed to brake it. Checking the net for a satisfying replacement, I've stumbled upon this piece (http://www.gotvape.com/store/vapor_whip.php), but was disappointed with the customer service (I'm from Slovenia and they failed to answer a single question about the product and/or shipping without having to beg them...).

I would like to ask which glass piece would you recommend for my vape?

Thank you and keep enjoying simple, but fulfilling things :)

R.I.P.,

lwien

I'm sorry no one's responded, R.I.P, but I think the reason may be because no one here is familiar with your particular vaporizer.

lwien,

Progress

'Socratic Existentialist, MD'
Hello RIP,

I have not used the unit you described above, but it seems similar to many I have had the opportunity to use. I imagine you can use any whip with the same size glass joint (it is probably 18.8, but you may want to check with the manufacturer or a glass on glass joint you can get your hands on before purchasing anything). If you have a shop nearby that sells parts for vaporizers (or someone who has a similar vaporizer) you may be able to see the bowls up close. Other than that, many companies make them, and (afaik) the main differences between them are shape, bowl size, durability, and design. The subtle difference that the bowl designs may make are too complex to me to really explain here (has to do with physics of convection, etc), but are usually not major nonetheless.

On a side note, I may be careful about units that have sooo many flashy/expensive features, yet are able to offer it for such a low price. There are many corners you can cut to keep the price of a unit down (manufacturing in a less-regulated country, use of cheap parts, etc). I personally prefer to cut corners on the flashy aestectic components and spend for safe materials, performance, and durable/seperate inner-workings (maybe you got lucky and got one that is priced VERY well and made of quality parts, yet not popular in the market :rolleyes:). You could always google the name of the unit and see if anyone has reviews of it or insight into replacement bowls, or google glass whip replacement .

Out of curiosity, is the box of your unit able to be opened without violating the warranty? (if so would you be willing to open it and post a picture of its insides, so we can give you some more insight?).

I hope this helps (and I look foreword to your reply if there is anything you do not understand or any other questions you may have).

PS: Feel free to post your question (with quoted replies) in the vaporite thread (and read what others have posted if you wish)--you may get more responses there. And ALWAYS TRY TO READ/SEARCH THE FORUM BEFORE ASKING QUESTIONS/STARTING NEW THREADS (you'll likely get more/better answers that way). I have included a link to the vaporite thread and a link to the FC search for all posts including the word vaporite below for your convenience (this time :goon: :p)

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=107&p=1
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/search.php?search_id=1674100907

Progress,

max

Out to lunch
If I were in your situation, I'd contact the makers of the SSV/DBV (7th Floor) by phone (1-866-835-6418) and see if their excellent 19mm GG wand ($25) will sub for the 18mm Gotvape offering. Not sure if the 1mm difference will matter or not though. But if it'll fit you won't find a better quality wand for the money.

max,

Acolyte of Zinglon

Wizard-Ninja
19 and 18 are the same thing, the measurement is actually 18.8mm, but its usually rounded down, only occasionally rounded up

Acolyte of Zinglon,

max

Out to lunch
Acolyte of Zinglon said:
19 and 18 are the same thing, the measurement is actually 18.8mm, but its usually rounded down, only occasionally rounded up
Good to know. Thanks. :)

max,

R.I.P.

First off... Thanx guys :)

I must admit, I didn't spent much time going through old threads on this forum, because I'm in the middle of studying so my faculty life wouldn't interfere with my vaporization life ;) ... or vice versa

Thank you for the link, though. I read the whole thread an I must say I'm a little bit disappointed about my choice. If I chose a vape to buy now, it would probably be the V-tower extreme.
It's not that the hyper is underachieving, it's the fact I live in Slovenia and every thing that goes wrong costs me 20$+ just for the postal fees.
That was the case, when my heating element broke... When i received a new one, I replaced it with no problem, and it works fine now... For how long?

Now, I'm wondering if there is a point in spending another 50$+ to get the whip, just to see the vape brake down again?!
Here are 2 pictures of the vape, one of the insides and another of the heating element with the sensory unit (pictures were borrowed form another forum ;)) http://img19.imageshack.us/gal.php?g=vaporite.jpg

I'm quite new at this, so i don't know what (and for how long) can I expect form my hyper... I realize now, that it falls under the category of ''chinese shit boxes'', but still... It's my chinese shit box and I learned to use it, so it functions as a vape should... For how long... What can I expect? :p
Nevertheless, I must say, it's still a straight forward improvement from smoking... A week or so of just vaporizing and my lungs were clearer, effects of herbs much purer and the taste... It makes me sorry that I smoked for so long...

Any comments would be more than welcome!

p.s.: @max: you mean these:
http://www.dabuddhavaporizer.com/home.html
http://www.silversurfervap.com/
... if I understood correctly, the whips form one or another are good (tough, nice air flow?) and are suppose to fit on my hyper?

Oh, and this (http://www.vaporstore.com/proddetail.php?prod=whipHF) whip was mentioned a couple of times as a good product... Opinions?

Thank you again and take care!

R.I.P.,

Beezleb

The vapor store wand will make it easy to change the screens, otherwise its expensive. If I was you since your concerned about longevity I would get a regular no frills wand and possibly any other supplies at the same time such as screens and whatnot due to shipping costs. Then I would save up for the eventual next vape whenever that may come.

I would consider what you have as a starter vape and really look into to your next purchase. Being your Slovenia I would imagine your vape is quite popular in your circle.

Im not really able to tell which wand will fit your vape. The wands for the SSV and DBV are different depending on the glass cover so make for certain your wand will fit your vape.

The first place I would look into for compatibility/size of the wand would be the place you got it but being a Chinese vape that may be easier said than done, good luck.

Beezleb,

R.I.P.

There is always the page I got the machine from: http://www.halfbakedgoods.net/g-03.html
For this piece, i know it will fit, because I own one exactly like it... It's the quality of the whip I was hoping to improve. As I experienced myself, this glass is quite fragile and doesn't seem to stay clean :p

As I said before, I was looking to get the whip of better quality, but now, I'm wondering if there is a point in investing more money in this setup?
When the heating element broke, i thought that this was more an exception than the rule, but more I read about it, less I'm convinced...

That's why I'm trying to find out the approximate lifespan of these types of machines...
Used daily, from once to 4, 5 times... For about 20, 30 minutes per session. Any estimates? :)

R.I.P.,

max

Out to lunch
Vaporite is a generic made in China box. The same unit has also carried the Noble Vapor and Digi-Vapor names. It may hold up for you. It may not. Chinese boxes are generally far less reliable than name brands, and digital makes it even more risky. Reliability (and safety) is the issue. Parts aren't top quality, obviously, but there's no way to know what the lifespan will be.

max,

umpnum14

.._. _._. :-)
I purchased this same vape from halfbaked and it served me well for $99. My whip cracked after a few months I traded mine to my dealer for on oz and bought an extreme. It served me well but soon realized there was a reason it was inexpensive.

umpnum14,

R.I.P.

Thank you all for your input, but as I searched through the forum, I've come to realize... There is so much to ask you guys! :)

I must say, I fucking love this page! I've read the things I didn't know interested me... Which is kind of a downer, if you consider I have exams from physiology and biochemistry in a little more than a month (unimportant as a fact, but I'll explain...)
There are about 55 pages on Extreme vape... part II :) As much as I try to balance the necessity to study with the need to read, I just can't afford to spend another day reading the forum post by post... Hope you understand :)

I realize now, that I made the mistake by buying the Hyper... Especially from the US! Shit, what was I thinking?! I checked the web for European retailers and got this page: http://vaposhop.com ... Any experience from European users?

The main reason I'm asking is because I've decided to get a new machine. I am leaning strongly towards the V-Tower Extreme (It's kind of hard not to, reading the threads about it...). As I stated in my first post, I'm from Slovenia, so a Europe-based dealer is the only logical option... Again, any input from the fellow EU residents? :)

The Extreme - is there a reason not to? I love vaporizing, got used to the whip-style, but miss the social aspect of ''passing it around'', which is more difficult with the whip alone (not to mention the lack of effort smokers display in ''being careful not to combust'')... Is there any other machine for me? :)

Another thing is that in effort to quit smoking... Combustion in any way, I fell in love with the Vapor Genie... Small, portable and highly thought of by a couple of members here. Is there a worthy rival in the same price/size/quality category?

And finally: I know the answers some, if not all my questions can be found on the forum, but because of the reasons stated in the beginning, I just can't... not that I don't want to, just can't ;) spend another day behind the computer... driveling :)
I also didn't want to be ignorant and open another topic, especially as I have already been warned once (in a nice and helpful manner), so I posted this here.
This being said, I think this classifies as a legit new topic, considering it falls in line with all 3 points of the ''newbie'' rules (http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=509) (OK, not the descriptive title, but it would, if it were a new topic), so I am asking to put it in its rightful place (or an OK for me to do so :D)

Thank you all (even those who failed to show interest in reading the whole post... I understand ;))

:peace:

R.I.P.,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom