• Do NOT click on any vaporpedia.com links. The domain has been compromised and will attempt to infect your system. See https://fuckcombustion.com/threads/warning-vaporpedia-com-has-been-compromised.54960/.

gettin another vaporizer for home use

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pitzpon

hey guys, i got the volcano and IMHO i think its a great vap and well worth the money.
but its a bit of a drag carrying it around with me.
i want to get another one that will stay at my gf house.

so, there are meny greate vaps out there, and i honestly dont know whice one to get.
i want one that is durable and will last a long time, and quality vapor, these are some of the main vpas that qualify as far as i know:

i was thinking about gettin the herborizer but it is basicly a vaporizing bong (kind of like that) but bongs are now illegal here, so i guess thats not gonna happen unless any one has an idea how to get it without gettin busted.

other then that im leaning towrds the ssv / buddha, i dont really know what is the diffrance between the two other then price ?

herbal air seems nice also

and purple days is sweet for being stelth (no one would ever know what it really is) and optionaly portable but im not sure if they would ship it here.

so guys please tell me what you think.
thanks in advance.

Pitzpon,

vtac

vapor junkie
Staff member
Alright, so you're looking for durability and quality vapor. It seems like each of the models you mentioned fit the bill. I'm assuming that the ability to blow bags isn't a big priority since you have the Volcano at home, so personally I'd eliminate the herbalAire from that list.

other then that im leaning towrds the ssv / buddha, i dont really know what is the diffrance between the two other then price ?
From my understanding, the DB is basically a bare bones SSV. No custom glass, not quite as cool looking, and with a ground glass, hands free whip. Also, the heater cover opening is larger than the SSV so apparently the vapor is not quite as thick.

Personally I'd take the SSV over the DB, both are likely going to last a long time, so might as well spend the extra bill for the thicker vapor and nicer appearance.

Not sure if Tom ships to Israel, though I'm sure he will let you know here, or just email him. I really like what I've heard of the Purple-Days. Check out the related threads on here and see what you think.

http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=48
http://www.fuckcombustion.com/viewtopic.php?id=52

vtac,

Otto Kontrol

You may also want to look into the kia vaporizor (www.kiavaporizer.com or something like that). Comes in a neat carring case that locks up. You can't even tell what it is when it is closed. And you can get the first generation on Ebay for usually half of the list price.

Otto

Otto Kontrol,

stickstones

Vapor concierge
I would go with either the Silver Surfer or the Purple-Days. The PD is durable, stealthy, cost effective and efficient. The Surfer is reliable and the guys who own it report fantastic hits. I am of the opinion that you need a whip vape to go with your Volcano, so I would lean toward the Surfer. But the PD is so unique and sweet that you may want that instead.

stickstones,

PeteYpuFF

I second the SSV. Its a great desk vap, and its customizable. Hits like a champ and heats up really fast.

PeteYpuFF,

Purple-Days

Sorry, Pitzpon. For now we are only supplying power supplies for the USA and Canada.

Sounds like a Silver Surfer would be on my desk if it wasn't for P-D.

Purple-Days,

marcuss

above the clouds
Purple-Days said:
Sorry, Pitzpon. For now we are only supplying power supplies for the USA and Canada.

Sounds like a Silver Surfer would be on my desk if it wasn't for P-D.
max...i know you are a wise handcraft man and not a businness man but i hope you'll make a european P_D in the future....give us a change! ;)

marcuss,

marcuss

above the clouds
Otto Kontrol said:
You may also want to look into the kia vaporizor (www.kiavaporizer.com or something like that). Comes in a neat carring case that locks up. You can't even tell what it is when it is closed. And you can get the first generation on Ebay for usually half of the list price.

Otto
at the moment kia vaporizer sounds like a borderline vape to me...sold on ebay for little money and poorly reported by real users...we need more info to put this vape in the real vaporist's wishlist...i'd go for a SSV if i need a new table vape :cool:

marcuss,

Purple-Days

Hi marcuss,

This is Tom aka P-D. I think you meant me not max. Hope I'm right.

Actually the unit will work fine in the EU. It uses 12 volts DC just fine. ;)

Electricity isn't the problem at all. Even though the variety of plug styles is daunting, and the voltage varies too, depending on the area of the world. I have a listing of all that info and those problems aren't that difficult to overcome.

However...

Things like high shipping costs and tariff charges inhibit sales to the EU and other regions outside of North America.

You probably can say better than me what you would have to pay on a declared value of $150 or $175. Help me out here, please, what would it be? I have an idea, but could be wrong.

Last. Think about the warranty. I back my stuff up. But, I can't afford to pay $79US each way to fix a broken cord. In the US I pay about $10 for secure shipping. And if for some reason, touch wood, a repair is needed, (or even a cord breaks, and they are nice :) ) well I eat the $20, not $160.

I think you can see, and hope you understand.

Sincerely.
Tom :)

Purple-Days,

Pitzpon

actually tom shipping to israel is about 20$ insured, and the shipping back if ever needed is about the same price.
i am now trying a forwording service that gives me an address in the usa and get it shipped to israel from there.
customs should be about 20-30$ also for me ...
but its worth it.
i'l let you know how well it worked out.

in any case i can get my own power supply i just need the specs.

what you think ? any chance i could buy straight from you instead of gettin it forworded ? gotta be cheaper then that ...

vtac, im gonna take your advice, i got plenty of bags, i want a whip to match.
about the ssv i think your right and if im gettin it i'l get the better one.
its a hard choise between the ssv and the pd (and that says alot about both vaps).
well i guess it not up to me, the one i can get here i'l take.
if i could get them both, that would be a problem.
(i would get both if i could afford it, i'l probebly have them both sooner or later).
thanks for the links.

i hardly ever herd of the kia vap, i'l try finding more info about it.

stickstones and everyone else thanks for helping me.

Pitzpon,

max

Out to lunch

herbal air seems nice also

and purple days is sweet for being stelth (no one would ever know what it really is) and optionaly portable but im not sure if they would ship it here.
Hey Pitzpon, it just so happens that I own all the vapes you mention (at least the SSV part of 7th Floor's offerings). Since you have the 'cano, forget about the herbalAire. I do love mine, but since you're covered for bag use... . The SSV/DB would be an excellent choice-they make a 240V version and it's a reliable product with excellent performance. The drawbacks- some glass that can break and with the whip and bong-like shape, the customs guys may not buy the aroma diffuser claim. All things considered, the one you'll have the most trouble getting, is, IMO, the best offering in your situation. The PD has nothing to break, not even a temp dial, and the unit itself is practically indestructable. It's gotta be the most reliable electric vape on the market-long term. In use, it's a very pleasing experience to use. Like jeffp, I'm using mine more often than my SSV, and it's the only vape my wife will use other than filling bags with the herbalAire. It's a great vaporizer, and a genuine aromatherapy diffuser to boot. 12V design means it's ready to go for car use too. As for the power supply, the only thing that Tom's present unit lacks is 50Hz coverage and the Aus plug. I've used the Vapolution supply to power the PD (the Vapo battery pack works on it too), and here are the specs:

AC/DC SWITCHING POWER SUPPLY
Model #: KAD0112015C
INPUT: 100-240Vac~0.45Amax
50-60Hz
OUTPUT: +12V---1A Made in China - UL Listed

The only problem with using the Vapo unit is that the jack is slightly smaller. It fits, but the connection is not snug enough for a reliable electrical connection during use. Not a big problem though. If Tom isn't ready to tackle overseas sales (I am trying to lobby him in that direction), I'd be willing to help you out if you need a go-between. I really think you'd be happy with this vape for many years to come. Hell, it would probably still be working when you die of old age. :lol:

max,

Purple-Days

There is an e-mail slot on our home page. Sometimes things can be worked out among friends. ;)

Uh, max slipped that in while I was writting. Only thing missing is the plug size, 2.1 x 5.5 center positive.

Purple-Days,

Pitzpon

max thank you, i didnt even think about how customs are gonna f**k with me for the shape of it (with the new anti bong law that just got passed here).
and im sure if were all so interested in me gettin a pd we could find a way to do it.
thank you for offering your help max, i might take you up on that.
and tom im the guy mailing you in about 2 mins, thank you also.

Pitzpon,

max

Out to lunch
Uh, max slipped that in while I was writting.
Yeah, I heard you typing up in Oregon, so I used my high speed connection to make that 'Submit' button fly. :brow: Man, ain't global communication great? :D

By the way Pitz, I bet we can even arrange to get the vapor tubes shipped separately if necessary. I think they'd pass as mini tobacco pipes or something. Without those, the PD can be seen as nothing but an oil diffuser.

max,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
I'd be surprised if the PD vapor tubes would look suspicioust. I'm pretty confident of getting one thru NZ customs.

vaporcloud,

vaporcloud

lurking kiwi
^^^ let me say especially if its pitched as a tabacco vaporiser (and oil defusser). My vapor genie is pitched as a tab vap and was no problem..

vaporcloud,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
Like your comments Max, youv'e got me amped to give the PD a go when money is right for me, although i'm happy bagging and whiping with the E till then, and the VG will be sick for no ac/dc.
One thing i like about Aromatherapy prods is thier stealth :ninja:in a maniacal world, i now feel like smoking a ciggie is " Drug Behaviour" even drinking more than 2 serves of alcohol.:lol:

I'd love to see a PD dressed up as a coke can, battery power of course, i'd prolly wear a truckers hat emblazened "Bundy Rum" , to go with it :lol:

Cannabudz,

max

Out to lunch
I'd love to see a PD dressed up as a coke can, battery power of course, i'd prolly wear a truckers hat emblazened "Bundy Rum" , to go with it
Is that Bundaberg rum? A coke (or beverage of your choice) can sleeve that fits over the PD would be perfect. :tup:

max,

Cannabudz

apprentice shaman
yeah max, bundaberg rum, the OP is the go if your not aquainted, the weak stuff tastes pretty unapealing to me(stohl 80 is top bannana 4 green dragon)

:bigleaf:

Cannabudz,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom