Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

I feel this vape does not benefit when inhaling super hard.

Some vapes like the Glass Symphony I found the harder you inhale, the bigger/better hit you get.

With the G43 I feel like a normal speed inhale works well, and that super hard inhales won't benefit your hit.

Does anyone else agree with how I feel? Wouldn't harder inhales kill the batter quicker too?

Also, i've noticed the G43 barely leaves any residue on the vape or on my pipes. My pipes have been more than easy to clean.

It all depends on the rig you are using because there is a huge range of torque/pressure they can put on the air path at the bowl/joint.

But in general when you use a med or larger rig with water...pulling harder than normal helps. If your using a smaller piece or something like a J- hook....you will not have to pull hard at all.

Basically.....draw just hard enough to hear air rushing into the top of the slide...that is a good starting point to know where you are on draw pressure....where if you hear that sound....you do not have to pull harder. And if you get good vapor without it making that air sound.....lower your heat as you probably can with a little bit harder draw pressure and get a hit much faster with less draw time.

Baron23

Does anyone else agree with how I feel? Wouldn't harder inhales kill the batter quicker too?

Well, sorry but my experience is just the opposite. While my NewVape FP SH loves a very slow draw, G43 does indeed react well if I honk in it as hard as I can (trying to avoid any more references to truck stops, oral sex to remove chrome from trailer hitches, and the oldest profession! hahaha).

Now, I just read @LabPong post above and have to say that I use my only 18mm rig with the G43...its a 65mm stemless can from CC2 and I have no experience using my G43 with smaller rigs.

And no, it will not kill the battery faster....for either the sled or the mod, the current is rather fixed without regard for the temp of the heater coil (eh, ignoring small resistance changes with temp).

If your mod is set to 12 watts, then that's what's being drawn out. Sled model, battery drain is determined by resistance of the total circuit which Bud maintains in a fairly tight range.

Cheers

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I'm going to try for a deep clean of the heater this weekend and I've watched Bud's tutorial but had a question.

At one point in the video it shows the coil/glass rod core submerged up to the glass retention disc in ISO. I typically like to rinse my pieces with water before using them when I've cleaned something with ISO, Bud never did that so I'm curious on how others have approached cleaning the core. Everything else looks straight forward.

If anyone is interested I'm up to 17.8w with a 5 min preheat, 18w combusted a couple of times towards the end of the sessions so the 0.2 difference has been perfect. God I love this vape, I really hope Bud can shrink it down into a truly portable design like he mentioned early on in the G43 thread... would be an instabuy for me lol.
:rockon:

Creeper,
Reactions: chaos191

Terpenetime

At one point in the video it shows the coil/glass rod core submerged up to the glass retention disc in ISO. I typically like to rinse my pieces with water before using them when I've cleaned something with ISO, Bud never did that so I'm curious on how others have approached cleaning the core.

Bud torches the slide to burn off the ISO, which I’m sure works fine. Personally, I prefer to rinse the slide in water before doing a burn off.

Terpenetime,
Reactions: Creeper

LabPong

Ok....DO NOT TORCH YOUR G43 SLIDES FOR ANY REASON.........no need and you can cause damage easily.

Now....for cleaning.....I use ISO, hot water, cool water, hair dryer.

You need a simple dental syringe that are not hard to find...... I GOT MINE ON THE BAY

Gcleaner.jpg

First take a ISO dipped Qtip and wipe out the lower part of the slide area well inside and out.

Take a hair dryer and warm up the slide for a min or two.

Squirt the ISO through the slide from the top only.....Move the tip on all sides of the wires going down as best not to get too much on the wires/shrink tubing by sticking the tip in there as far as it will go without pressing too hard on the wires. Just try to keep the tip pointed straight down as you squirt it through the slide. Do this a few times as needed....2-3 times should do it.

Now fill the dental syringe with hot hot water quickly and rinse the slide out well the same way you squirted the ISO through it.

After several rinses....you can use cool water if you like.

Now dry the slide out from bottom and top with a hair dryer........ta da.....you be gottin a cleen G dood!

:tup:

MileHighHuman

Is there any hazard having a regular rubber band touch the battery while i'ts on? The rubber band is how I hold the sled and my glass together.

Also, ive already said this, but the flavor from this vape is great. This definitely would be one of my go to choices if I wanted to do a taste testing session.

Last, obviously pre heat is required for the vape, but does anyone feel its necessary to "pre heat" your flowers? Meaning, load them into the hot vape, and wait a minute before taking your hit?

MileHighHuman,

Baron23

Is there any hazard having a regular rubber band touch the battery while i'ts on?

I can't see any issue. Some use Velcro straps. Others just hang the sled off of their stem (through the gap where the wires separate to go to each end of the sled, right?)

Last, obviously pre heat is required for the vape, but does anyone feel its necessary to "pre heat" your flowers? Meaning, load them into the hot vape, and wait a minute before taking your hit?
Well, when I pre-heat my G43's initially, they are indeed loaded. So, the load does get warmed up at that point.

If I'm doing two back to back loads, which I often do, then I leave the G43 on while emptying and reloading and then just go for it. No further pre-heating.

LabPong

Is there any hazard having a regular rubber band touch the battery while i'ts on? The rubber band is how I hold the sled and my glass together.

Also, ive already said this, but the flavor from this vape is great. This definitely would be one of my go to choices if I wanted to do a taste testing session.

Last, obviously pre-heat is required for the vape, but does anyone feel its necessary to "pre heat" your flowers? Meaning, load them into the hot vape, and wait a minute before taking your hit?

You can use any non-conductive material and your safe. Battery should not get hot...maybe just slightly warm at the most.

When you start heating up the G43......you can pack the bowl right away before doing that....and all the time the vape heats up...it will not heat up your flowers until you draw air through it. Any possible conduction heat from the glass to the load...is very minimal and not an issue in any direction....except your fingers touching the middle of the slide...lol

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong thanks so much for sharing your cleaning routine. I commandeered an old infant oral syringe for the job and it was dead easy and quite effective.

Only point I forgot was to heat up the slide before the ISO, I'm going to remember that for next time. I feel thankful not to take apart the heater.
:bowdown:

MileHighHuman

For sled users:

Do you prefer the stock loading method or do you prefer the extra adapter added as a bowl?

I feel the adapter bowl makes things much easier for loading/dumping, but im curious how much power is lost with putting the flowers further away from the heater and how much this effects the performance?

I really like and want to try ELBs.

Does anyone know why the battery says "NOT for consumer use. OEM only! If you can see this label do NOT use battery" ??

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

chaos191

Ok....DO NOT TORCH YOUR G43 SLIDES FOR ANY REASON.........no need and you can cause damage easily.

Now....for cleaning.....I use ISO, hot water, cool water, hair dryer.

You need a simple dental syringe that are not hard to find...... I GOT MINE ON THE BAY

Gcleaner.jpg

First take a ISO dipped Qtip and wipe out the lower part of the slide area well inside and out.

Take a hair dryer and warm up the slide for a min or two.

Squirt the ISO through the slide from the top only.....Move the tip on all sides of the wires going down as best not to get too much on the wires/shrink tubing by sticking the tip in there as far as it will go without pressing too hard on the wires. Just try to keep the tip pointed straight down as you squirt it through the slide. Do this a few times as needed....2-3 times should do it.

Now fill the dental syringe with hot hot water quickly and rinse the slide out well the same way you squirted the ISO through it.

After several rinses....you can use cool water if you like.

Now dry the slide out from bottom and top with a hair dryer........ta da.....you be gottin a cleen G dood!

:tup:
Thanks I was wondering, mine hasn't gotten dirty enough yet but I usually have at least 2-3 sessions a day since I received mine, Probably my hardest hitting vape...

Thanks for the info :-)

chaos191,
Reactions: Chandler

LabPong

Does anyone know why the battery says "NOT for consumer use. OEM only! If you can see this label do NOT use battery" ??

They are produced for use in sealed electronic devices where they will always be used in the same exact circuit. If they are sold loose.....they can be used in many different ways that might be "not safe". It is all about manufacture liability.

MileHighHuman

Does anyone else take out the 2nd screen that's hold the spheres?

I feel like it would just create more restriction and abc build up, but correct me if there are benefits to using it.

MileHighHuman,

LabPong

Does anyone else take out the 2nd screen that's hold the spheres?

I feel like it would just create more restriction and abc build up, but correct me if there are benefits to using it.

Do not take out the screens holding the glass balls in the heater area if that is what you are talking about. The double screen is mechanical and has a reason.

Just use it...it is perfect...no need to change anything.....unless you use it as in injector like me with the elev8r bowl. That is the only change you need with the vape end of it.

LabPong,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Hope everyone is staying safe.

To those of you who are using 18mm bowls injection-style with the G43, where did you get them? Trying to see if I can get find them for cheaper than having ELEV8 custom make me one.

Creeper,

LabPong

Hope everyone is staying safe.

To those of you who are using 18mm bowls injection-style with the G43, where did you get them? Trying to see if I can get find them for cheaper than having ELEV8 custom make me one.

The Grav 18/14 adapters are the best by far. That is the smaller one I use on occasion. They have the best shape and hold the screen in the best as well. Here it is next to the Elev8r bowl. (notice how it tapers down evenly and then has a perfect little bulge for the screen to sit it).

s6guspz.jpg

Zuhdj

Charles Mingus
Hey. I haven't been following this vape very closely. How can I get on the waiting list? I can finally afford it

Zuhdj,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Sorry @LabPong I should have been more clear, I meant specifically a 18mm male WPA that I could use as a bowl for the G43. The ELEV8R is a 14mm so I need to use an adapter with my bong which already cost me two glass pieces since I didn't have them clipped down (RIP). An 18mm bowl would eliminate an adapter and improve airflow so that's my next evolution in my rig. Hopefully that makes more sense this time.

@Zuhdj https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6387/g43-waitlist-ordering/

Creeper,
Top Bottom