Discontinued G43 and SledGhammer

LabPong

No, from cold to cloud it'll take atleast 4 minutes of waiting. consider this vape as a desktop one almost. it takes time for the heater to be prepared. But it's cheap..If you already have a mod and batteries, hehe. But according to @LabPong , this vape hits hard as the ELEV8R.

*I tried this vape once, like a mini GS. It hits hard, good taste (dry bong i used)
GB you have it wrong there....you do not wait 4 mins between draws....it is only the initial heat up time you wait about 4 mins. ;)

That said....the sled runs just slightly hotter than the mod at 10-11w.

it's too damn long to wait :(

If I tell you that.....that wait....is so worth it if you want to try vapor that is better than the Tinymight! Seriously....TM is awesome and I luv it.....but Elev8r, then G43....then a step below is the TM for vapor quality.

Often it is hard for me to decide which one to use of these 3. :)

Is it possible to join a list for either of these vapes? Give me hope in these dark times!

For those who are interested there is still an open list for the vape but you need to post in this thread on the Vapelife forum to be added https://forum.vapelife.com/discussion/6387/g43-waitlist-ordering/p1
If you have tried to contact Bud here he might not see it so the above link is the best way.

Last edited:

HighLads

GB you have it wrong there....you do not wait 4 mins between draws....it is only the initial heat up time you wait about 4 mins. ;)

That said....the sled runs just slightly hotter than the mod at 10-11w.

If I tell you that.....that wait....is so worth it if you want to try vapor that is better than the Tinymight! Seriously....TM is awesome and I luv it.....but Elev8r, then G43....then a step below is the TM for vapor quality.

Thanks for pointing me in the right direction!!

HighLads,
Reactions: LabPong

nonamekevin

God damnit @LabPong! First, you and @Tweakz get me into the elev8r, and it is for sure a monster. Now, you've got me looking more at the G43.

:cheers:

LabPong

God damnit @LabPong! First, you and @Tweakz get me into the elev8r, and it is for sure a monster. Now, you've got me looking more at the G43.

:cheers:

835791669f45cf8409eae182d598cab4--family-matters-steve-urkel.jpg

Tweakz

@LabPong , yeah bro, TM hits very hard. fast and convenient. It’s my daily driver.
I trust your judgment. but the time is 4-5 minutes for the first hit ...
I like to play at high temperatures for quick extraction.
I sometimes overheated the elev8r so that I burned :(

@nonamekevin - true, except that I'm still thinking about G43. I haven't decided yet.

I wonder if sony vtc6 will fit the g43 ?

nonamekevin

@LabPong , yeah bro, TM hits very hard. fast and convenient. It’s my daily driver.
I trust your judgment. but the time is 4-5 minutes for the first hit ...
I like to play at high temperatures for quick extraction.
I sometimes overheated the elev8r so that I burned :(

@nonamekevin - true, except that I'm still thinking about G43. I haven't decided yet.

I wonder if sony vtc6 will fit the g43 ?
Same, I'm trying to think about where the G43 would fit in the lineup.

For home use, I'm covered with the coiled elev8r and my sticky bricks. For travel, I've been bringing my Runt with me. It's not discreet though, so by travel I mean at friends houses. I was thinking that a nice Sherlock G43 setup could work for portable, but then I'd have to wait for it to heat up. Or the elev8r with wand, but then I'm bringing a big ass torch around with me.

Still interested in the G43 though. Cool design. :cool:

LabPong

They work perfectly with the mod version. Great batteries in my experience.

Correct....the Mod G43 takes the normal flat top 18650.....but the Sled G (sledgehammer) takes a button top that also has the added protected circuit on it (done by 3rd party)....and those cell...there are 3 maybe that you can use if you find them here in US. The protected ones will show a silver contact strip along the side of the cell.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
I'm not finding the preheat time to be a major deal breaker for me but I always build up and break down my rig for every session so it's been easy to get the timing down so I'm not really waiting for the unit to get hot.

I'm currently getting one session out of the IMR battery that Bud supplied with the mod unit and 2 sessions with some Samsung 30Q batteries I recently purchased. I run the unit at 17w with a 6 min preheat using standard ELEV8R water pipe adapters and my rig.

Honestly if you like the ELEV8R the G43 is a no brainer to pick up, basically replaces the quartz heating tip. Much more consistent results and bigger draws are possible with the G43 that would be risky with the quartz tip (higher risk for combustion). :2c:

I'm so thankful to have this vape during this COVID-19 madness going on, I hope all of you are staying safe.
:rockon:

MileHighHuman

I'm not finding the preheat time to be a major deal breaker for me but I always build up and break down my rig for every session so it's been easy to get the timing down so I'm not really waiting for the unit to get hot.

I'm currently getting one session out of the IMR battery that Bud supplied with the mod unit and 2 sessions with some Samsung 30Q batteries I recently purchased. I run the unit at 17w with a 6 min preheat using standard ELEV8R water pipe adapters and my rig.

Honestly if you like the ELEV8R the G43 is a no brainer to pick up, basically replaces the quartz heating tip. Much more consistent results and bigger draws are possible with the G43 that would be risky with the quartz tip (higher risk for combustion). :2c:

I'm so thankful to have this vape during this COVID-19 madness going on, I hope all of you are staying safe.
:rockon:

How long is one session for you?

MileHighHuman,
Reactions: Creeper

LabPong

Good question, I just timed one and based on it I'd say including the preheat around 15 minutes if I don't get distracted on average.

There is still something not right at all.....your the only one I have heard of that needs to go over 12-13w. That is why your getting such low run times though. I wish I could help you in person with your setup...one little thing must be off somewhere.

And no offense to you Creeper....but I just want others looking at this vape to understand that Creeper's situation is totally not normal for the Mod G43 setup.

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
@LabPong must be my rig in combination with the ELEV8R water pipe adapter. Honestly it works and with all the batteries I own I have 5 sessions (usually) on tap so it's been fine.

I should use the G43 as intended to see what it's like native but the simplicity and ease of cleaning of the ELEV8R adapter has never forced me to use it like that yet.

And battery life aside this thing is amazing, definitely need to grab another unit for a backup lol.

Creeper,

Creeper

deep in the matrix...
Also, I ran this past Bud directly on VLF and he okayed everything as within normal operations. To more or less quote the creator if it doesn't glow red or taste weird it's good to go.

I'm hopefully back on the preorder list for another one, if it takes a year I don't care it's worth the wait.
:luv:

MileHighHuman

Good question, I just timed one and based on it I'd say including the preheat around 15 minutes if I don't get distracted on average.
There is still something not right at all.....your the only one I have heard of that needs to go over 12-13w. That is why your getting such low run times though. I wish I could help you in person with your setup...one little thing must be off somewhere.

And no offense to you Creeper....but I just want others looking at this vape to understand that Creeper's situation is totally not normal for the Mod G43 setup.
:whoa:

I agree with @LabPong, there’s definitely something amiss here :hmm:

Most people are getting around 50 minutes of use from 1 battery correct?

Do people remove the battery while in-between bowls or is it just easier to leave it on even while not using it so you don't have to wait on it to heat up before every bowl and so you just switch batteries more often.

Also, does anyone with the sled use it with an added bowl? If so how much does it effect the vapor

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

LabPong

Most people are getting around 50 minutes of use from 1 battery correct?

Do people remove the battery while in-between bowls or is it just easier to leave it on even while not using it so you don't have to wait on it to heat up before every bowl and so you just switch batteries more often.

Also, does anyone with the sled use it with an added bowl? If so how much does it effect the vapor

You have to remove the battery from the Sledgehammer G.....it is on when the batter is in...and off when it is out. You can put the battery in backwards and it will not do anything....so if you need to contain it on the vape for moving around or what ever....that is a way to do so.

With the Mod G......the mod will idle if left on and not drain the cell much at all...pretty much undetectable power loss.

I only use the added exterior bowl (Elev8r or injector method) with either G version....no need for me to raise temps to do so. Also, the Sled G runs more than hot enough....slightly higher than the default 10-11w or so.

Baron23

Depends...I most often do two bowls in a session. I leave the batt in for sure between bowls but that's only a couple/few of minutes.

I would not leave the batt in while in between sessions.

MileHighHuman

You have to remove the battery from the Sledgehammer G.....it is on when the batter is in...and off when it is out. You can put the battery in backwards and it will not do anything....so if you need to contain it on the vape for moving around or what ever....that is a way to do so.

With the Mod G......the mod will idle if left on and not drain the cell much at all...pretty much undetectable power loss.

I only use the added exterior bowl (Elev8r or injector method) with either G version....no need for me to raise temps to do so. Also, the Sled G runs more than hot enough....slightly higher than the default 10-11w or so.
The mod will drain the battery slowly for the clock so it's best not to leave it in if you're not gonna use it for a week or so.

I hope you kids are being battery safe and using cases for your batteries when they're not charging or in use.
Depends...I most often do two bowls in a session. I leave the batt in for sure between bowls but that's only a couple/few of minutes.

I would not leave the batt in while in between sessions.

I was asking, if i vape 3 or 4 bowls per session, and i take 5-10 minute breaks in between each bowl. Do users unplug the battery during bowls or no?

Was not asking about leaving the battery on for long periods of time / in between sessions.

Anyways, just got mine in the mail!

Is it ok that the heater wiggles around a little bit? Or is it supposed to be very tight and not wiggle at all?

Also how are people loading new bowls when it's hot? Im finding myself having to flip the whole thing upside down. Which isn't difficult, I just dont know how good that is for the vape? Ill be getting a bowl asap.

Last edited:
MileHighHuman,

Baron23

I was asking, if i vape 3 or 4 bowls per session, and i take 5-10 minute breaks in between each bowl. Do users unplug the battery during bowls or no?

well, you can do it any way you want.

Depends a bit on how many batteries you have in case you do drain the one.

Seems to be kind of overthinking it a bit, to me.

Lozo

Combusted at 12.5W few draws in with a packed G43 at around 4 min heat up time and minute or so between draws. Think I'm settling for 11.5-11.8 now, luckily I stopped immediately when I saw that glass fill up with that 'orrible yellow tinged smoke.

Wanted to thank @Terpenetime on the cleaning tips, nice one! I'm finding the G43 to be a very smooth unit. Stay safe everyone.

Top Bottom