Fury edge vs Xmax V3 pro

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Considering spinning the wheel again, and selling my Fury Edge to fund a Xmax v3 pro.

I am particularly interested in comparisons on vapor quality.

The vapor quality of the edge is pretty average and definitely it's worst feature.

The v3 pro removable battery would be a big bonus.

Anyone own both who can give me a comparison?

Easywider

Simple is the way
I never liked the taste of the vapor from my edge. The V3 pro tastes fantastic, the ceramic cooling unit does an excellent job and comes in at almost half the price ( 104cad vs 185cad) I’ve only ran about 35 bowls through mine but right now the love is strong.

Edit: Edge vapor is more dense, tastes bad at all temps (to me) harsher and I think it extracts faster. V3 Pro has super tasty fluffy cool vapor extracts about 1.5mins slower ( I feel )

Flow

@oddjobold
Feel free to give us some feedbacks and comparisons between these two devices !
Rogue was on top of my list, for instance… but as i see this little "pen like" device comming up nicely, i'm not that sure anymore…
thanks !

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
@oddjobold
Feel free to give us some feedbacks and comparisons between these two devices !
Rogue was on top of my list, for instance… but as i see this little "pen like" device comming up nicely, i'm not that sure anymore…
thanks !
I'll take one for the team and do some extensive testing for you.

I have a real problem with built in batteries. I did not buy the rogue but it was a bit of a let down when announced.

Sour Dream

Blue Dream enthusiast
Yea I wasn’t a fan of the taste from the edge but it’s a wonderful device besides that and cleaning the screens. Plenty of aftermarket support too.

I sold it since I’m not interested in session devices

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
The more vapes I try the more, the less i find appealing. I am starting to have some firm 'must haves' for my dry herb vapes.

Must be convection or mostly convection hybrid. I don't like the taste of conduction at all. I think the edge had too much conduction for me. That's why the taste is sub-par for me. Even the vapcaps don't get much love for the same reason. I am a convection junky.

Replaceable batteries. Just so much easier. Built in battery vapes don't hold as much value, and seem disposable.

On demand mode. I don't like commiting to a whole session, most of the time.

Size matters. I don't want some huge thing I cant fit in my pocket. I already have enough home portables. That was one thing I really liked with the edge it was so small and felt good in the hand.

And my wife won't let me have a desktop, so that rules them out.

Now my choices are quite limited these days.

Shit Snacks

Milaana. Lana. LANA. LANAAAA! (TM2/TP80/BAK/FW9)
The more vapes I try the more, the less i find appealing. I am starting to have some firm 'must haves' for my dry herb vapes.

Must be convection or mostly convection hybrid. I don't like the taste of conduction at all. I think the edge had too much conduction for me. That's why the taste is sub-par for me. Even the vapcaps don't get much love for the same reason. I am a convection junky.

Replaceable batteries. Just so much easier. Built in battery vapes don't hold as much value, and seem disposable.

On demand mode. I don't like commiting to a whole session, most of the time.

Size matters. I don't want some huge thing I cant fit in my pocket. I already have enough home portables. That was one thing I really liked with the edge it was so small and felt good in the hand.

And my wife won't let me have a desktop, so that rules them out.

Now my choices are quite limited these days.

I thought I felt that way about conduction, but the FW7 disproved that for me... Also vapman with station is a lot of fun for pure conduction on demand, although not something to rely on at all for me, similarly the IQ2 is pretty nice and fun to use as top-tier session conduction... I agree though it is hard for me to be interested in literally anything else with conduction lol

Bazinga

Interesting. I have some top tier devices. I also have the Rogue. The vapor quality of the Rogue is not as good as the Tinymight. The TM has exceptional vapor and taste. However, IMHO the Rogue more than suffices. I am not experiencing any bad taste. No issues at all. Stickstones and Troy compared the Rogue with the Mighty and found that although the Mighty was the better of the two, the Rogue was close (and 1/2 the price). They were very impressed with the device. I don't recall either of them commenting negatively about the vapor quality or taste. I'm repeating myself but I continue to maintain that the Rogue is the best bang for the buck.

Having said all this, I'd like to try the XMAX V3 Pro when it becomes available.

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Interesting. I have some top tier devices. I also have the Rogue. The vapor quality of the Rogue is not as good as the Tinymight. The TM has exceptional vapor and taste. However, IMHO the Rogue more than suffices. I am not experiencing any bad taste. No issues at all. Stickstones and Troy compared the Rogue with the Mighty and found that although the Mighty was the better of the two, the Rogue was close (and 1/2 the price). They were very impressed with the device. I don't recall either of them commenting negatively about the vapor quality or taste. I'm repeating myself but I continue to maintain that the Rogue is the best bang for the buck.

Having said all this, I'd like to try the XMAX V3 Pro when it becomes available.

The Edge really is not a bad vape. In fact I would recommend it as a beginner vape.

We are lucky to have so many great vapes we can buy. So the little differences or improvements is all we have to compare them.

The TM does everything that a rouge or edge does just better. So why do you need both? I guess that's why I have two TMs

Last edited:

oddjobold

Vape swap shop
Need both? Who needs both? Damn VAS !!! These devices are getting harder and harder to hide from Wifey,

My wife would flip if I had a set of shelves like Troy or Jerry.

That's why I keep my collection small, and sell and buy to try new things.

Zipford

I mentioned this in the Edge thread and nobody replied, but I think the silicone in the Edge vapor path acquires a popcorn taste that comes through even when using fresh herb and low temps. When the device was new, it tasted much better at low temps than it does now. And I'm not a heavy user. It seems like you can help that with a thorough cleaning of those parts, but I'm now leaning towards devices that only have easily cleaned material (eg glass or stainless steel) in the vapor path. Don't get me wrong, I think the Edge is a good device on many levels, but an off taste does get in the way of the enjoyment.

mistergyro

When? Where? How?

Cuando?

mistergyro,
Top Bottom