Full melt dry sift on an e-nail, what temps should be used?

IamN2pot

I just cleaned up some dry sift and am wondering about what I see on youtube with vaping(?) ultra clean trichomes. Am I missing something? At 400*F the trichomes just sit and bubble away. No noticable vapor in the bong, even with the carb. Crank the enail on up to 710* and it's like doing a 'reverse' dab hit. As the temps reached around 600*, it really started making vapor, or was that smoke at those temps?
I know I could just put it in a 25u sock and make rosin, but I was curious about just what temps folks that vape trichomes on an email use? or are the temps above 450* just combustion without fire? This has always been confusing to me. 710* on my enail for BHO and 400* on my S&B Plenty for natural flower. Thanks in advance for your experiance and explainations.

IamN2pot,

Farid

Even the cleanest of dry sift, 100% heads, will leave a lot more reside than regular bho or rosin. Many people who like to dab it will place a screen covered in sift on the nail, or will just clean heavily after every dab.

Personally if I were into dabbing I'd probably press the sift into rosin at a low temp, though I wouldn't use a bag since sift can stick to itself and stays pretty separate from the rosin.

As for the temp it should be the same as any other dab, though like you observed, the residue may cobust. That said it's such a tiny amount, and the incredible flavor off the dry sift makes up for the slight combustion flavor you might get.

When I have dry sift I prefer to vape it in a flower vape tbh. Though I don't mind smoking it in a clean pipe either.

IamN2pot

Personally if I were into dabbing I'd probably press the sift into rosin at a low temp, though I wouldn't use a bag since sift can stick to itself and stays pretty separate from the rosin.
Are you saying I could press the pollen without using a 25u bag? I've pressed flower without a bag, but pollen? Do you press the pollen into a puck or ball before pressing it into rosin?

IamN2pot,

IamN2pot

It's "full" melt alright. Here are a couple pics from my new Christmas microscope. The last one is cleaning up the trichomes on a 45u screen. Guess I'll make a nice hand pressed/rubbed hash ball with this and then press it into rosin with my Dulytec. THanks for the advise, I do appreciate it!
2023-01-14-180752107.jpg

2023-01-13-145124686.jpg

2023-01-15-124328516.jpg

Farid

Wow, that is good looking stuff.

I'd press it into a thin square block, kind of like the relative proportions of a book or deck of cards. That way it doesn't break apart much during the press

Farid,
Reactions: IamN2pot
Top Bottom