Fucking Tobacco Combustion (and consumption)

VisiblyVaped

I need to start a log, a journal, a diary even if you will. I have been smoking cigs for about 14 years with a 2 year break and now it's time to quit.

I felt weird the last couple nights so I went to the urgent care center yesterday - turns out I have broncho spasms and acute adult on set asthma, neither of which are caused by the cigs but still they irritate the symptoms. Nevertheless, time to kick the habit fully before there's any real worry or any irreversible damage to the lungs (They did xrays and tests to determine that, I'm only 30 and never was a heavy smoker - 1/3 - 1/2 pack a day at the most).

I had one last night. Felt strong about quitting.
Fast forward a few hours, where my 2.5 week old newborn is crying for an hour, I'm sleep deprived, my fiancé is irritating me due to her previous insistence to not supplement with formula during the night which almost guarantees better sleep (the kid is up nursing every 3 hours.....for an hour each time and then doesn't go right to sleep).
I crack. I go to my car where I left a few "in case of emergency break glass" cigarettes in there.

I light it up. I take 4 drags then throw it out because I feel weak and disgusting physically.
Mentally.......damn that was good.

So my fellow vape enthusiasts and combustion fuckers, I come to you. I come to you for support, understanding, and as people I can vent to. I kicked the smoking habit with cannabis, vapes all the way, but I gotta kick the one habit that can kill me.
Sidenote - doc was cool with medical mj. Didn't mind that I vaporized it at all, since that doesn't counteract the bronchio-dilating properties of thc the way that smoking the flower can.

So, ladies and gents, here we go.
Day 1.

Who's gonna follow me on this fucked up journey?

AMiA

I hear you buddy,loud and clear..Being from Sweden i used wet tobaco,snuff..since 7th grade..i quit 5 years ago.I've tryed many times before but to no awaile.This time a had a PLAN and i STUCK to it..and after a month..no moore snuff..i'm still snuff free..feel no urge to start again at all.

So my suggestion is MAKE a PLAN and stick to it..it's mostly a MENTAL game..strong one too..but you can and WILL do it..if you make a PLAN..ok.

Here's someting for the mental part..Good luck buddy.

https://medium.com/personal-growth/...rength-the-magic-of-david-blaine-6cbb3e5f5c02

VisiblyVaped

@AMiA care if I ask a bit about your plan? I've been contemplating ecigs, patch, hard candy, a one hitter (to mimic the feeling of smoke), etc.

I have no solid game plan. Just a will and desire

VisiblyVaped,
Reactions: JCharles

trout_fishing_in_america

I spent 12 years on cigarettes and just turned it off inside my brain somehow when I started vaporizing tobacco in a pax (tobacco was American spirit, same I'd been smoking in hand-rolled cigs). Not exactly a recommendation but a possibility. "Harm reduction" (aka tobacco/nicotine substitution therapy, the patch, gum, or vaping) can delay cessation... it took me 2 more years, but now I've been clean for 10 months!

Making the plan and sticking to it is crucial!!!! No way to underscore that enough. It's really up to you!

Once I started to stop smoking, cigs got too intense for me to handle. Also these were a good strategy for dealing with the oral fixation.

Good luck! It's entirely possible to quit tobacco, just briefly unpleasant to do so.

AMiA

It's a -God morning from a cloudy Thailand were this Swede lives ;-)..first cup of coffee on it's way down..Well THE PLAN...Nothing moore then this:

Say that your smoking a pack a day..so we make the plan to quit in 1 MONTH..okey.So in my case with the wet tocaco (snuff) my plan was to:

Week 1:Cut 70% of my use..the good thing the 30% i had to play with i could use any way i wanted..

Week 2: Cut another 10%..

Week 3: Cut another 10%

..and last week the last 10%...What i did after my 4 weeks was to get a 1 Liter bottle of Herbal Multivitamins ..it said it would last 1 month,but for me i used it,took it like a shot..when i had any cravings i took one shot and just let it "sit"in my mounth for a minute or two..that's it.

It was much much easyer with my homemade plan,the when i tryed without one..It's like life in general,to suceed..make a plan and STICK with it..no matter what.

Good luck brother..and have a blessed day :-)

Vapppo

Vaping in Italy since too short!
Think i'd add my experience here... hope it helps!

As a former 12+ years tobacco smoker who converted to vaping MJ in 2 months, i started thinking of converting my tobacco consuption as well.

After a few unpleasant attempts, i met the Vapman, a butane-powered vape hand-crafted in Switzerland. I use to pack the vapman with more or less 0.3 tobacco and 4-5 drops of PG (30%) and VG (70 %): Heat with a nice jet torch and enojy. It's very very pleasant and nice flovored: most of my still-smoking friends stated that the experience of vaping tobacco in the vapman is even better than smoking cigs.

Even if i quit only 4 months ago, i'm fully satisfied with this method and i never smoked a cig (nor think of doing it!!!) since i got the vapman method.

A concern that came up in my mind lately is whether or not the e-liquids i use in the VapMan are dangerous in some ways as stated in other threads in this forum (where e-cigs dangers are discussed). I hope not but i'm investigating this point further in order to make sure i'm doing good.

My body tells me i am but that's compared to my former-smoking lungs so my opinion may not be fully objective.

Cheers!

Vapppo,
Reactions: JCharles

JCharles

FC 06/06/2017 | ACMPR 26/07/2017
I quit a near pack a day smoking habit this summer cold turkey (a little over 10 years, all in). I continued to smoke joints for about a week or two after and then transitioned to full time vaping

It was a difficult transition and I still get the odd craving - but it's noting a vape can't curb.

It was crazy having taste and smell return. Somethings I wouldn't have ever been bothered by all of a sudden smelt like shit - and some foods I didn't care for became oddly satisfying.

pxl_jockey

Just a dude
I quit smoking tobacco almost a year ago, but I'm not impressed with myself and won't be for a good long time. I've smoked tobacco for 30 years and have quit 3 times for up to 2 years each. I'll round up & say 25 years. I quit for good last December but 2 months later at a nurses visit, I checked the carbon monoxide levels in my lungs and they were still quite high. I didn't realise at first that my cannabis smoking was the culprit; once I knew, what to do? How could I get the benefits without the combustion? Of course I found FC that day and began a plan. I believe now that my cannabis combustion is what led me back to smoking tobacco in the past. After fucking the combustion of cannabis, I truly have no desire for any sort of combustion. In the past, cannabis combustion would eventually lead back to tobacco, if that makes sense. So FC helped to free my mind to see, smell, and taste combustion for what it truly is. Thanks FC!

Top Bottom