FuckCombustion - Please Pick My Next Vaporizer!

Which vaporizer should I buy next - Vriptech or Life Saber?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
What's up my brothers and sisters? I've been fervently reading this board from the beginning. For my first post I'll let you choose my next vaporizer. I'm familiar with vaping and have tried at a minimum 20 different vaporizers but want to retire my Steinel HG 3002LCD heat gun as it's cumbersome to use. I've done my research and will buy either the Vriptech or Life Saber as I love vaping with glass, ice & water. I already own the bowls for both products. If you own and use either one of these vapes, please take the time to tell me which one you recommend that I buy. I'll tally it up in a week or so and buy the one that gets the most props and report back to you with a detailed review including videos. If you have never used one of these products, please don't post (other than to say hey) as only want recommendations from actual users. I don't mean any disrespect as I know that everyone that hangs out here is a forward thinker. Also, when I type with the attitude of authority, please don't think that I'm cocky as I have truly spent the money and thoroughly tested all of the vaporizers that I talk about. I spent the money and time - so you don't have to.

PS - The Arizer Solo is the best portable vaporizer available if you make a few easy & inexpensive modifications. I'll post back soon with some pics and instructions along with a few photos of my inexpensive Solo water pipe setup. I could definitely make it with this vape alone, but I want to experiment with a hospital grade, semi portable vape, as medical marijuana is allowed in my state and is frequently used by hospice patients. Hopefully, I can get them off smoking joints as it's often painful to cough when you have 6 months or less to live. Please don't suggest a Volcano or AeroMed as these are not semi-portable and have their issues. Please don't suggest the Cloud as these have been promoted since 2010 and it's now mid 2012. Also, don't waste your time with the AtmosRaw. I know we're all waiting for an ultra portable like that, but I've tried every modification possible, and it just doesn't vape properly - even with the little glass screens that the company knew they had to send (free of charge) after production. I sent mine back and hopefully the company will make the proper changes and make a sweet portable. Also, the Magic-Flight is definitely the best ultra portable vape, but I require a little more umph. I've actually hit this thing in a packed movie theater - so I've got to give it love.

Anyways, which vape should I get? The Vriptech or Life Saber?

Love ya,

TheKeeper

I was just hitting the Solo through a Zob Mini Bubbler W/Shower Head Perc and it hit me but there is just not a smooth enough draw on this thing. You have to really suck to get that kick ass hit. Hopefully, they will improve the ease of draw in the next model, as it's just a top notch product.

Yes - the Solo is the best portable vaporizer available as I'm geeked. However, they could make a few simple improvements to be superb. Need a better screen system. As is, you will inhale some product when you hit it. It would be nice if this was resolved. Also, you have to suck this thing to get the good hit. I have faith in you Canucks, fix this shit. Also, the glass in my M105 falls out and moves round which is annoying. Please fix this shit. I've seen lots of posts in terms of which model you should get, M105 and above. I sent the company an email asking what the difference between the new model, I'm too high to google which one, and the one I have is - they replied there is "no difference". I find that hard to believe that there there is no difference between 2 different model numbers. Get the metal not ceramic product which is model M105 and above. Best!

Forgot to post, I've tried the pre - M105 models which were ceramic and you'd think sound better - because ceramic seems more contentious than metal - the metal ones are better.

Best!

TheKeeper,

SnidelyWhiplash

I would wait a few days... I have a vriptech wand - after breaking 2x I gave up, sucks ass waiting 2 weeks for a replacement that cost me 120 bucks...

The herbalaire upsidown in the 18mm trick is fucking awesome. However, I would wait for planetvape to release the F-Bomb... It might just make a cheaper - airizer extreme into a top of the line product, I want to see how they do!

SnidelyWhiplash,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
I haven't found the herbalaire for sale on a US site or I would have probably purchased it.

What's the F-Bomb all about?

Best!

Did the vriptech glass break because you were drunk and/or stoned or because of a defect?

Best,

TheKeeper

2 weeks is a little long for a replacement - but that is not bad in the world of vapes.

Best!

TheKeeper

I wouldn't consider the Arizer Exreme a semi portable unit - it's a desktop - but still can't wait to see what that is.

I just spent my "tax refund" on Michael Franti & Spearhead tickets.

TheKeeper,

Magic9

Plant Enthusiast
Smells like.......spam?

EDIT: I apologize. Welcome to FC. Generally we use the edit button to avoid back to back posts.
I have no experience with either of those vapes, but I'm sure plenty of others will stop in with valuable info.

Magic9,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
OK - I won't' check back for 5 days and then I want to see that the total votes are and report back.

Best!

TheKeeper

TheKeeper,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Certainly not spam now

Ultimately, I think what Magic9 was trying to get across, was your thread could be taken as post-padding (or spam, explained below). Its much more obvious, when they are back-to-back-to-back.... posts. The admins try their best to keep things streamlined and efficient use of posts, for obvious reason. If you think of a follow-up thought, after you've posted and before anyone has replied, just hit the little edit link at the bottom left, of your post. You can then add, as many additional thoughts, as you would like. Though, we all do make mistakes and considering 90% of us, are probably medicated/stoned... shit happens. :D

In some cases, this thread could also be considered, under the strict definition... as spam. Unintentional perhaps... but still, fits the definition.

Anyways... welcome to the forums! This is hands down, one of the most informative and friendly forums on the Internet, regardless of subject matter. The mods and admin and the awesome group of people, make this a true treasure on the 'net.

It appears Magic9, just wanted to keep with that spirit. No ill-will intended, if I may be so bold as to add my :2c:.

BigDaddyVapor,
Reactions: Magic9
Wrong place to post this, number one.

Number two, I've had both, and IMO the Vriptech has much better flavor and vapor density, to the point of being heroic by comparison to most vaporizers on the market. The LSV is very good in both regards but does not excel to the same degree. The LSV is much more durable and can be used as a dry hitting, standalone unit, albeit a cumbersome one. I would not sell my Vriptech and do not miss my LSV, so let that guide your decision as much as you like.

charliedontsurf,

max

Out to lunch
OK - I won't' check back for 5 days and then I want to see that the total votes are and report back.

Best!

TheKeeper
During those 5 days it would be a good idea to look around the forum and see how things work and where different types of threads belong. You were also sent the link to the rules page, which you also need to review, in order to avoid problems.

I haven't found the herbalaire for sale on a US site
Wow. You really need to get up to speed on the best on-line dealers. Most of our recommended dealers carry it, including several that offer FC member discounts up to 15%.

Finally, the Solo (or any other model) is NOT the best portable vaporizer, because just as with home vapes, no portable can be the best in all 'carry around' categories. The Solo can be the best for a particular buyer, assuming its best features align with that buyer's goals for a portable. OTOH, for those seeking a pocket portable, the Solo doesn't really compete. For home and away vapes alike, today's vape market is too extensive to declare any vape the best until the requirements are narrowed down, and sometimes even then it becomes a matter of personal preference.

max,

SnidelyWhiplash

Well, I broke the VHW because my room is messy and I break shit like that. If you are meticulous this wont be an issue at all. But I am not. I dropped it 3x before breaking it (knocked it off the shelf with an elbow). So, adore the product but its just not functional for me. The updown herbalaire is so close to perfect. And BTW, a 14mm stem fits pretty snug in it... I have yet to try going all glass - cloud stylie to my US tube.

Now, The f-bomb - Im not gonna tell you... I want to leave the honor to planetvape. I only know what it is because I requested it and he was like, dude its coming out..... I will say that if it works, it will make your solo into pure pimphood.

SnidelyWhiplash,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hi FC,

A bottle of wine coupled with a massive vape session obviously makes me ramble when I post. How do I edit my content that has already been posted? I can't figure it out and would like to remove some of the "off topic" content in my previous posts. I'm pretty sure that most here don't give a shit that I spent my tax refund on Michael Franti tickets. Yes, the Solo is my favorite portable vape and that certainly doesn't mean that it's the best for everyone. Also, I appreciate any feedback that you'll continue to provide in regards to the Vriptech & Life Saber. I'm looking for a proven, semi-portable vape that can truly medicate and be used with water/ice filtration. Thanks so much for taking the time to reply with any advice. I agree, this forum is outstanding.

Best,

TheKeeper

lwien

Also, I appreciate any feedback that you'll continue to provide in regards to the Vriptech & Life Saber. I'm looking for a proven, semi-portable vape....

Please explain why you would classify a Vrip or an LSV as semi-portable versus being classified as a non-portable?

lwien,

max

Out to lunch
Please explain why you would classify a Vrip or an LSV as semi-portable versus being classified as a non-portable?
Good question. Semi-portable is a category we don't have, AFAIK. Smaller than a bread box? (you need to be of a certain age for that one to compute ;) ) People use Extreme's and Volcano's in cars, so when you include AC corded only vapes in the semi-portable category, I think it's gonna realistically include all vapes, unless you arbitrarily draw a line somewhere. After all, vapes are small. ;)

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hey Iwien & max,

Sorry, I used my terminology versus yours. Semi-portible means to me that it's corded, and has somewhat of minimal form factor, but not a table top unit like the Volcano or AeroMed.

Best!

TheKeeper,

momofthegoons

vapor accessory addict
A bottle of wine coupled with a massive vape session obviously makes me ramble when I post. How do I edit my content that has already been posted? I can't figure it out and would like to remove some of the "off topic" content in my previous posts.

Keeper, you have 6 hours to edit posts. And, as mentioned before, a perusal of the rules (click on the highlighted words) will help you keep your posts relevant and on topic.

momofthegoons,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Hey mom - the forum rules have now been read - thanks for the info.

Again, I appreciate anyone who takes the time to let me know their experiences with the Vriptech and Life Saber. I've read every post on the forums and watched every YouTube video available for both but would still like some input from any current users of each vape. 5 votes for the Life Saber and 3 for the Vriptech so far.

Best!

TheKeeper,

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Smaller than a bread box? (you need to be of a certain age for that one to compute ;) )

I caught that, ya old fart!
old_man_smiley.gif

BigDaddyVapor

@BigDogJunction
Hi FC,

A bottle of wine coupled with a massive vape session obviously makes me ramble when I post. How do I edit my content that has already been posted?

Best,

TheKeeper

I'm as guilty as anyone, with the follow-up thoughts and not editing (esp when medicated). Btw... again,
welcome-1.gif

Editing after a certain time frame, isn't possible. Check the tech forum... prolly the answer there (Oops... just noticed mom, answered this one). You will see the Edit option on newer posts. No delete option, so... basically consolidate, then ask mods to clean up (bring lip balm... keep 'em soft ;))

Mod note: You could use the edit button too, you know. Back to back posts are discouraged.
And, could you make the lip balm you use for me the mint kind, please?..

BigDaddyVapor,

TheKeeper

Former Combuster
Not as many responses as I would have thought. I'm leaning towards the Life Saber. I would also consider buying the Cloud if they're available soon. I just emailed the company to inquire and I'll let you know their response.

Best!

TheKeeper,
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom